What is the best nutes-fert for Soil plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniperjim

Reaction score
Soil plants never look good.. Hydro not a problem at all. Any suggestions on a good way to care for soil plants? Nutes , brand, etc

I've grown soil for years and years. Earthjuice 100% organic and I recently used General Organics. Both are excellant. GO is better for a steady ph but EJ can have insane results if your good at ph control. I'm telling you both are really great, I can't recommend them enough.....

"Soil plants never look good":confused: maybie you cant grow ..

Build your soil right and you don't have to do nothing but water and watch grow.

Ozzydiodude,

How would you recommend I build my soil right? I would like to start with the plain old Black Gold Potting Soil because I have a reliable source for it locally.

Thanks.

Although I don't understand why this particular thread is on the hydro section.

Hey Don How's it going? I would look at these soil mixes in this thread at hxxp://www.breedbay.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=201339188 and see witch one match your soil and start there The way I mix soil is pretty close to "subcool's" mix

Maybe a mod will stop in and move it.

I have a mix of 3 parts Baccto soil, 7 parts Fox Farms Ocean Forest, 1.5 parts Fox Farms Light Warrior, 0.5 Parts Vermiculite and Perlite. I love my soil mix and wouldn't change it.

Ozzydoidude,

Which one is subcool's method or is that something else entirely/

I notice that only one of the "soil" mixes actually was a soil mixture and at least one of them actually called his mixture "soilless" even though it was nearly identical to the other so called "potting soils".

It seems like none of them are actually incorporating naturally occurring soil into their mixes but are either trying to duplicate natural soil or mostly replace natural soil with a group of natural soil supplement/conditioners.

Is one of the moderators ever going to move this into the proper section? THIS IS NOT A HYDRO THREAD!

DonJones said:
Is one of the moderators ever going to move this into the proper section? THIS IS NOT A HYDRO THREAD!
here :bong: lighten up

What is the best nutes-fert for Soil plants? and Boy wouldnt it nice if it were that simple. There seems to be a decent selection of ferts out there, but I beleive your individual growing technique, compiled with types of soil/soilless media, lighting, air and feeding schedule, will have varying results for each.

Bottomline its hit and miss until u dial in whats right for you.:)

Best Wishes
"P"

General indoor Growing section= hydro section? Don, i may be missing something but asking about "soil" mix in general indoor growing is ok. Unless the whole world has gone indoor hydro?? Time for coffee

DonJones said:
Is one of the moderators ever going to move this into the proper section? THIS IS NOT A HYDRO THREAD!.
THIS IS NOT THE HYDRO SECTION!...;)
"General" indoor.. eggzactly where it belongs :) it is NOT in the hydro section.
Look before you leap..

Hi DonJones...

A couple of options and the basic theory... Some prefer to feed the soil... Some prefer to feed nutes more from the bottle. Either method works great and it comes down to different strokes for different folks... Marijuana doesn't like synthetic, time released ferts... soils with these give the grower/plant little control over when and how much they are fed. It's better to use a soil with little or NO nute value (soiless mix) like ProMix and feed from a nute bottle than it is to use a soil mix with strong synthetic nutes like MG, Scott's, etc...

Marijuana LOVES organic amendments... and the soil can be pretty 'hot' for most strains of this amazing plant. You can 'build' your own organic soil but some amendments will require time to break down and become available for your plant. If you mix up the Subcool Supersoil it takes 4-6+ weeks of 'cooking' the mix in a large container out in the sun for the organics to break down and become available to your plants and also for the ph to stabilize.

Do you live near an indoor gardening/hydro store? If you want to go with a high quality organic soil without having to mix it all up yourself I suggest going to one of these stores and buying some Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil or some Roots Organics soil. It's pricey at $14-30 per 1.5 cubic ft bag depending on where you live but I've grown dank bud in FFOF with NO added nutes. I get better results with FFOF when I use mild to med strength organic nutes but it will perform extremely well as is...

If you'd rather go with feeding your plants more from the bottle then look into soil mixes like ProMix, etc... And you may find local alternatives that don't have time released ferts that are a decent price... And there are SCADS of quality synthetic nutes too... it's just a different way of approaching the feeding of your plants... Regardless of which approach you choose, if you buy quality soil mixes and/or mix up your own soil from quality ingredients you'll give yourself a great edge in your growroom...

Happy Growing!:cool:

if you don't mind inorganic, Botanicare Triflex works great.... the call it a 3-part but you only use the base and either the grow or bloom.... i'd call it an advanced 2-part :D

try the biocanna range.if you get the soil to match from your grow shop you dont have to adjust the ph as the natural chelates do the job themselfs.take it from me the plants just love this line of nutes.100%organic.just my opinion

Hi, I've been using only the siphoning water from My 30gal aquarium for My bagseed grow and it's ensuing clones ( now on 5th generation ) . During budding I add Tiger Bloom to the aquarium water. All the fish emulisions ( **** ) from the siphoning goes directly into the soil. That is the main purpose of the siphoning to retrieve the fish waste from the bottom. Have used the same soil ( MG moisture control with pert/vermiculite added ) for all the grows with just a flush of aged tap water and turning when harvest is complete. Just got some bubblelucious and we'll see how that goes ( 1 seed sprouted after 4 days, still waitng for the other ) . PH don't know, don't check but My water would knock You out if it hit You it's that hard ! LOL . Using this method keeps producing good smoke every 8 weeks ( enough to fill 2 1/2 canning jars, just like the song says " no stems , no seeds , nothin You all' need " ). Seems to work for the bagseed hoping for the same results with the Bubblelucious ( did mix regular potting soil no MG this grow ). We'll see. ...BMD

Latest posts

Back