What is your favorite nutes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mokey1

Reaction score
This is my third grow but my first one under lights. I switched my 6 ladies to 12 - 12 about a week ago. What are your favorite nutes and when do you use them and at what strength? Naturally, I know to start weak and then build up. With my 600w HPS light I received a small bottle of Kool Bloom but will be heading of to the Hydro store this weekend. Just because I received a free pint doesn't mean it's the best. And the next question is, are the high priced nutes really worth it. I had been using miracle grow with every feeding while vegging with FF Ocean soil.

Thanks for all the help ladies and gentleman.

I use and like General Hydroponics Flora Series 3 part. I pretty much follow their schedule but a 1/4 strength up to a 1200-1000 ppm reading while using a .5 conversion ppm meter(hanna).

FF nutes are very forgiving to newer growers. Expensive is, I guess, relative. You could get all 6 FF nutes for under 2 bills; an ounce of decent bud is going for 3 bills or better here. So, the nutes would be the gift that keeps on giving, where the z of bud is offering deminishing returns.

Peace and luck.

I use the FF line-up also, but General Hydroponics line-ups are good, and cheap if your money is tight. There are so many out there that claim to work miracles, it must be hard for a newbie to choose. I know those Humboldt nutes have been calling to me...I don't know if it's good marketing with the cool graphics, or if the pot gods are trying to tell me something. I have also been wanting to give Earth Juice a shot...but what I really want to do is TLO.

i started off with AN sensi 2 part.. and now i use GH 3 part...
start off at 1/8 and go up from there...
LH

Mokey 1 - I've used lots of different nutes. All with relative success. As a beginner I'd suggest something forgiving - Foxfarm is great, but IMO I'd go organic. General Organics for example. Check my Nute study out if you've got the time, you may find some info your looking for.

Jman

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50463

GH 3 part... 36.95 for all 3 parts...love the results

I grow outdoor and pretty much go with the Fox Farm line up. Have to add in the mix the Alaska Fish Emulsion, the husband likes my girls smelling of fish.

I use FF now also. If I do some outside this year, I am def going back to my roots and doing no nutes(except micro), straight river water and supersoil.

My vote Gh 3 part,works for this dummie..lol
oneshot

I need schooling so please teach me. Here we are talking about the General Hydroponics Flora Micro, Flora Grow and Flora Bloom is that correct? I am now watering approx. every 2 days. Also I would be adding this to my dirt as my only water during each watering. I can't imagine using all of these at each watering, so I can only assume you use each in rotation all in the flowering stage?

Mokey1 said:
I need schooling so please teach me. Here we are talking about the General Hydroponics Flora Micro, Flora Grow and Flora Bloom is that correct? I am now watering approx. every 2 days. Also I would be adding this to my dirt as my only water during each watering. I can't imagine using all of these at each watering, so I can only assume you use each in rotation all in the flowering stage?

All 3 get mixed together and the proportions are determined by where you are in a grow...

Mokey1 said:

You dilute the nutes in water.
There should be a small chart on the side or back of the bottle.
You can go to the GH website also.
You use different ratios of each through the growing process.
When I started mine, I cut the dilution in half and used nutes every other feeding.
I use GH 3 Part and FFOF soil.
Hope this helps.
:)
Gb

personally i used Canna coco a + coco b for full duration of veg and flower, when i flip to 12/12 i add Canna boost accelerator. trying sommat new this time and using Canna pk 13/14 for 6 days in fourth week of flower.

Latest posts

Back