What now. gold or brown can't tell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyGalaxy

Reaction score
This just started over nite. What didi I do wrong now? Hydro using Flora Nova Bloom 4-8-7. Flushed 3 days ago to try getting sediment off bottom.
Nutes at between 1100-1350 (.7 meter) 5.8 ph. Burnt tips upper and lower leafs.

BAD 002.jpg

BAD 003.jpg

BAD 001.jpg

It looks like Yer nutes are way toooo high I think. That looks like some serious nute burn (dark green leaf followed by browning and necrotic spots). How far into the grow is that plant? I think yu have yer ppm too high. I don't go much over 1000ppm, and that is up into the flower stage. I would flush it again and get the sediment out of the rez and run just ph'd water for a couple of days. Then yu need to add back yer nutes to half of that, maybe 600ppm for a week then up it to 800. During veg I don't go over 800ppm, but it varies from nute brand to brand and strain to strain.

Something you have missed here is the hydro method.
When running flood & drain, I found the plants could take a much higher EC/PPM than dwc since the roots are not sitting in nuted solution.
Check out calcium deficiencies since that's what I think you have there. Certainly drop the strength of solution after a flush but some calmag may help too.
W

WoodyPheonix said:
Something you have missed here is the hydro method.
When running flood & drain, I found the plants could take a much higher EC/PPM than dwc since the roots are not sitting in nuted solution.
Check out calcium deficiencies since that's what I think you have there. Certainly drop the strength of solution after a flush but some calmag may help too.
W
yer certainly right WP about hydro being able to handle more nutes but look at how deep the green is on that leaf, and he said he has burnt tips on both upper and lower leaves (that's symptomatic of nute burn). I could be wrong as I have more knowledge than experience, JMHO:)

Hushpuppy said:
look at how deep the green is on that leaf, and he said he has burnt tips on both upper and lower leaves (that's symptomatic of nute burn)

I was agreeing with what you had said HP, I just felt it was important to establish which hydro method was being used. When I first switched from E&F to DWC, I just carried on with the same nute strengths and it cost me 2 crops. My own stupidity and not listening to what the girls were telling me!
I do think there is burn there and the nutes need lower strengths for a while but GG may be doing the right thing for one method but not another. It all goes to show that correctly interpreting what these ladies tell us is probably the most important element to growing!
Peace W

Latest posts

Back