What to do with a moldy crop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathi97502

medicinal user
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm Kathi and I just joined your group. I'm very new to all of this so please bear with me :eek: Here's my delimma - I just received my first legal crop from my grower and it is full of mold! I've waited almost 6 months for my medicine and now I've been told that I can't use it! Needless to say, I am rather peeved. I was planning on using most of it for edibles for myself and my mom (she can't smoke - she coughs too much). Can anyone out there advise me on what to do with all of these plants I have hanging/drying right now? thanks much and am very happy to be a part of your group! :)

If it has mold it is good for the bin, sorry.

Yo Ho Kathi97502,

First and foremost allow us to welcome you to the site, cool to have ya. It is always a bummer that someone got stuck with a mold issue. :(

I really am skeptical with any potential food product that involves active mold, just don't sound all that good ya know ?

I wish I knew for certain, but you might do what I learned in teaching survival. Try just a little, and if anything doesn't feel right, then hurl it up right away, but don't get hung up over this set back ya know. Patience is so very good for all of us.

Bring a good sense of Ha-Ha with you. Be sure to peruse the site rules.
We look foreward to sparking a hoober in your honor, and hearing more from you.
:48:

ps. DON'T SMOKE MOLD that cannot possibly be good for you period.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

I'm with TBG, in recommending making ISO hash oil out of it... and the Big Kahunna in that I wouldn't smoke/eat mold...

the ISO would kill the mold spores and make it "safe" to consume/smoke.

that's a total bummer, seeing that it's for med purposes... I wouldn't have taken crap product in the first place... that bites that someone did that to you... I'd pay the person a visit... and I wouldn't be pleasant :hubba:

That crazy vancouver guy said:
I'm with TBG, in recommending making ISO hash oil out of it... and the Big Kahunna in that I wouldn't smoke/eat mold...

I would have to agree completley.:)

I would make iso oil then take the weed back after you have taken the trich's off and make them give you a replacement ;)

Just throw it away i know it sucks to do it but ive had friends who got really bad infections in their lungs with weird fungus's growing in them. I dont know if i would even make hash oil. It would be tainted with the mold.

Yes you can make ISO from moldy bud and yes it's safe. The ISO kills the mold spores. ;)
wakebud77 said:
Just throw it away i know it sucks to do it but ive had friends who got really bad infections in their lungs with weird fungus's growing in them. I dont know if i would even make hash oil. It would be tainted with the mold.

Yeah my buddy was sick for 3 weeks, he actualy broke out in some kind of weird rash from it. He had to take off work for 3 weeks, his doctor told him that something on the herb caused a lung irritation and he had to quit smoking until he got better. So i suggest u dont take the chance, we wouldnt want you getting sick. Peace and Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roken.

Go with the oil as TBG recommended, it's your only option.

Latest posts

Back