Whats collecting dust?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
howdy folks, just wondering what everyones collecting? Stamps, coins, cards, pipes, what ever.
I got almost every d&d book ever written (new and old editions) and boxes upon boxes of Magic the Gathering cards.........yeah im a loser, what you got?

Marbles! lots and lots of them- started collecting them when I was about 8
my grandpa gave me all his old marbles and I started playing marbles at school and before you knew I had tons, now I buy them at estate sales and what not, friends will give them to me when they find something they may think is special, I was even paid a commission with some old popeye marbles which to this day are my fav.

so- got any marbles??LOL:D

oh and your not so bad, I had to think for a minute on the D & D books, first I thought down and dirty? then I thought dawn of dead? then I thought... no wait, magic cards, dungeons and dragons, right. see I'm the dorky one here....LOL

Oh gawd!... the o lady collects old glass, depression, milk, fruit jars, ect. I'm sure there's no less than 5 big boxes in the storage room, not counting what she has on display..:(.
I think there are 3 quart fruit jars full of '40's,50's, and '60's era marbles, too.
Most of the antique kitchen utensils, we're still useing.. :p
Somewhere around 5,000 sports cards, too.
We actually have enough antiques to open a fair sized store.. :ignore:
I'm not sure if it is a "collection",... or just the fact that I can't/don't throw anything away.. :confused:
I like to collect spurs, bits, and vintage firearms.

I collect everything ;) Like Hick said, it's not really collecting, it's just not disposing of in a timely fashion. The OldLady calls me Fred Sanford all the time when She finds my mess :rofl:

I have antiques, guns and bamboo flyrods, and just Old stuff, my boat and my planes, but the most worthless is my collection of old 35 mm cameras, kodak, nikon, minolta, leica, hasselblad, zeiss. coulda, shoulda sold em for good value 10-15 yrs ago, now I cant get diddly for em :( and the OldLady reminds me all the time :angrywife:

i collect knives.. my grandpaw has been givin us knives and guns since we were little and since i can't have guns anymore i like knives. i wouldn't even guess at how many i have. boxes full most of them never even opened. and i don't have two of anything i don't think.

Ashtrays, antique corkscrews, Japanese glass fishing floats and monster toys. Also in the collection - a 400w HPS that I'll never be able to cool. And 110 cfm attic fan that makes too much noise. Funny, I collect pics of my favorite girl in lingerie, too!

jb247 said:
I do first day cover stamps...been collecting them for several years now, must own 500 of them...one of these days I have to put them all into books so I can let folks see them...

Peace...j.b.

Hey, j.b - I bought 3 Miro FDCs many years ago on EBay and had them framed. They're dated Sept 24, 1974.

I love old stuff and have a couple of interesting things but this is my favorite. It's a Seneca Falls lathe made in 1896 and it still works. It does great work.
dscn0175_resized.jpg

Latest posts

Back