What's going on with this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydro

Medical Grow
Reaction score
It's strange, they only have 1 leaf, none that are 3 or even 5. What caused this?

Note: This is an outdoor grow

camera pics 028.jpg

camera pics 029.jpg

Clones? My clones did that too. But it was just the odd leaf, and had some three leafers too, it was pretty weird. But I've read its normal, but u might need a professional opinion here.

Hydro said:
It's strange, they only have 1 leaf, none that are 3 or even 5. What caused this?

Note: This is an outdoor grow

Was this plant grown from seed?

The only time I've seen leaves like that was when I rejuv-ed a plant and took too much off. The stress caused the leaves to grow all weird for a few months. Looked just like your plant.

yes it's from seeds, it was stressed from when my friends' brother (note this isn't mine, it's a friends) threw a chlorine bomb in the back yard and damaged the plant slightly. Immediately after this i came over and doctored it, and it's been growing like that since. This one plant is really small and already started to flower but it's like it only has one big cola, nothing branching off.

thats a ruderalis bud plant bro lol

and chances are its auto flowering which is why the other one is flowering right now instead of branching out.

how it works is there is what we call a "genus"

cannabis sativa L. is the main genus, of which ALL species of cannabis come from.

cannabis sativa, cannabis indica, and cannabis ruderalis are all what we call "putative species" which would be basically the main catagories, of which all "varieties" (strains)come from.

in this case you are workin with cannabis ruderalis, which very often only has 1-4 blade leaves, is autoflowering....

and unfortunantly for you is often refered to as "red bud" depending on strain(variety) of course.

most likely you have a lowrider plant right there, since thats the most common auto flowering plant, as well as commonly sold weed.

so depending on whether your friend smokes good weed, or schwag, is what you can expect to come off that lol.

mind you autoflowering plants do not need a change in photoperiod to flower so they bud often times during summer, and in alot of cases can reap you with farelly good, dense nuggets (although plants are usually pretty small)

hope that helps bro! no worries tho, that plant looks healthy as can be :D

Latest posts

Back