What's the best rasta/reggae tunes...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tn_toker420

PurpMountainMan
Reaction score
i was just wonderin what's some of the better bands/singers in reggae and raste genres...I like the song Legalize it by Pato banton , just for an idea of what i like...I know b marley if infamous, but i've never been a huge fan...Just some good jamaican sounding tunes would be great if anyone knows any...Appreciate anything, Hit it :bong1:

I like Ben Harper - Burn one down Thats a real good song

Bob Marley is also great but everyone knows bout him.

Jimmy Cliff is the man, give him a scope. The Wailers, Bob's band, have some very good music of their own. Easy Star All Stars is the absolute funk, they covered Pink Floyds' Dark Side of the Moon (Dub Side of the Moon) and Radioheads' OK Computer (Radiodread) I highly recommend them. Also try Long Beach Dub Allstars, the jam as well. Its great you listen to Reggae, its probably my favorite genre. Lemme know if you like any of them.

i jazif, kieth hudson, african brothers, jacob miller, thats all old skool late 70s rasta reggea. legalize it was originally done by peter tosh look him up if you like the copy of the song youll love the original.

ohh and any one thats white never get dread locks its the biggest insult to a rasta. their dreads resemble their roots of their rough african heritage, and how the white man has held them back etc.... i see tons of poser kids wearing bob marley and have dreads and theyre white as day hell i even seen a blonde kid with dreads...

smoke sensimilla

If You Like Ska Check Out The Pietasters. Sublime Is Good. The Wailers, Lb Dub All-stars,and Barrington Levy If You Got The Dancehall Bug.

Can't really list all the cool raggae music I listen to because it would take pages, but if you listen to internet radio you should check out hxxp://www.bigupradio.com . You can listen to a few different raggae stations on your computer, it is awesome and they have a really good mix. Plus if you have XM radio check out channel 101 "the joint". Another one that I listen to all day everyday at work.

Try Stepping Razor, Downpressor Man, What You Gonna Do and Equal Rights by Peter Tosh; Pass the Marijuana by Mystic Roots; also try Concrete Jungle, Mellow Mood, Rasta Man Chant and Natural Mystic by Bob Marley.

Sublime was a really good mix of punk and reggae, anything by them is good. Their modern incarnation is Long Beach Dub All Stars, check out their song Under Me Sensi with Barrington Levy.

its not about race, its about the meaning of true rastafari he asked about reggea and rasta i simply stated that all these new school ska bands, and gang banging gangsters are taking over dreads more then rastas and they go and rock rasta colors like their a rasta but they dont even know what true meaning is..

Appreciate it all...I haven't had a second to d/l any yet, but betcha i'll be on it soon...I like sublime , they're great...But that's not really what i'm lookin for...not a huge fan of ska...But you can throw me any tunes and i'll sit and listen to it like i've heard it my whole life...But thanks Toke, i'm glad you told me that about dreads ...I've always kinda wondered to myself, hmm, i wonder if i could ever become a rastafarian... (just one of those out there thoughts :D) Never really even researched it and i'm glad you shed some light on it for me...

Latest posts

Back