What's this weird fungus?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redemption

Psychonaut
Reaction score
Ok, so I know this is mainly a marijuana growing forum, but I figured someone still might be able to help me..

I'm growing Lion's Tail (Leonitus Leonorus, "Wild Dagga") from seed. The plants are approximately 1 month old and seem fairly healthy. However recently I've noticed what seems to be a dark orange fungus growing on the soil amongst another smaller white fungus (mainly on pieces of wood mixed in the soil).
I took some pics but the files were to big for this forum, so I put them on my website. here's the link:

http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/Otherevents.html

Can anyone help me identify the fungus? Does anyone know what to do about it? Does anyone know if the plants seem otherwise healthy? Does anyone have any experience growing lion's tail? Any help/insight at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Mike

could be possibly. I have only watered them twice however. Once before sowing and once after transplanting. Maybe I put too much water though?

not too humid I think. It's around 40%-45% humidity in the room.

I e-mailed my question to an "ask the experts" site and I just got a response today. I was told that the fungus was most likely just decomposing the wood in the soil and feeding off of nitrogen deposits on the soil's surface. Either way, I will keep an eye on the plant and see if the fungus seems to be attacking it in the future. As of yet the plant seems unaffected.

Thanks for your suggestions, and if anyone else would like to shed some light on the situation please do!

Latest posts

Back