When to Flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Info Mutt. Thanks.

When you flip at week 5-6, are you always showing preflowers?

And for the NL#5xHaze, does it take longer for flowers to develop?

Sometimes yes sometimes no on the preflowers. I'm a perpetual grower meaning I am harvesting 2 plants every two weeks. 5 week veg with 1 week to sprout = 6 that works well with my clone rotations.
Like Umbra I test, So I have to be pretty dang mean to my plants and be really nice to them as well. All to find limitations of the strain. My yeilds aren't fantastic and I could be getting more if I ditched organic growing and switched to hydro. but that ain't happenin :p I'm more into taking notes.

As for the NLxHaze...I'm a lil skeered of this one. 4-5x stretch major sat dom 14+week hybrid. Everything is going to be slow on this one. The Haze really shows its butt from the others that I seen grow em. This is my first grow with them and they are going into sprout tonite.

Also with it doing Cosmic Berry, Cindy99, and more K2. Alibi and Phunt up soon :)

Mutt I've been wanting so badly to try some haze...but that is the very reason I have not...I'm skeeered of the stretch...I will be interested to see how yours comes out.

pcduck said:
I believe that anytime you limit photosynthesis you are limiting growth. But in order to get the flowers we desire we must limit photosynthesis.
limiting growth and encouraging stretch...IMO/E..

Mutt said:
As for the NLxHaze...I'm a lil skeered of this one. 4-5x stretch major sat dom 14+week hybrid. Everything is going to be slow on this one. The Haze really shows its butt from the others that I seen grow em. This is my first grow with them and they are going into sprout tonite.

Also with it doing Cosmic Berry, Cindy99, and more K2. Alibi and Phunt up soon :)

Doesn't sound like anything you can't handle ;) - but like Hick says, switching too early with a strain like that may promote even more stretch, wouldn't you think?

Any way you look at it, I'm jealous of what you got going. Thanks for the input Mutt.

Hick said:
limiting growth and encouraging stretch...IMO/E..
I noticed that on the 12/12 from seed that they were much more stretched out. I think at least 4 weeks of veg is a must. I go to 5 or 6 myself.

Mutt said:
I noticed that on the 12/12 from seed that they were much more stretched out. I think at least 4 weeks of veg is a must. I go to 5 or 6 myself.

Me too- I go 6. And I have not yet had a plant that didn't show preflowers at 6 weeks. But, I do switch to 18/6 after the first week or two, depending on how they're doing.

But, it works for both sativas and indicas for me.

Latest posts

Back