When to harvest?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pistills cam die, turn for several reasons. (i.e. fertilization, pests, touching/handling, ect) I've also had strains/plants mature with very few pistills turning red/brown It is not a 'good' indicator of maturity. "IME/O" ;)

OK so I bought the 45X lighted microscope from Ebay for less than 5 bucks. I think I might get the 100X also. I am very impressed with what I can now see. Thanks for the advise on buying one. I now see that it IS A MUST HAVE!

IMAG0581 (718 x 1200).jpg

IMAG0582 (718 x 1200).jpg

IMAG0583 (1200 x 718).jpg

From your latest pics I would let them go a few more weeks.

I would not recommend the 100x scope, to hard to keep steady and you really do not need that high of magnification to see the color change or any insects.

Slowlyburn said:
OK so I bought the 45X lighted microscope from Ebay for less than 5 bucks. I think I might get the 100X also. I am very impressed with what I can now see. Thanks for the advise on buying one. I now see that it IS A MUST HAVE!

Great job, my friend, and great pics too!! My scope is a 30x/60x/100x, I use all 3 settings, usually the higher two. Sitting the leaf on a flat surface and viewing is the best way to go, cut a few leaves and check them out. The 30x is good for seeing more of the picture, the higher settings bring them in nice and close.

I've looked twice but my eyes are bad. Is that a nanner on those first two pics. ?

A podsack from a hermi. I didn't see it myself but I could of missed it. . ..

OK so If I see all milky tricomes then do I chop now or wait till I see some amber ones?

Its your call cut at cloudy for more an uppy heady high. Or more amber for a heavier. Couchlock high. I like to wait for about 10 to 15 percent amber, but its all a matter of opinion.

Many of us wait for a % of amber, the % is for you to figure what is best. Some go at 0%, some go higher than 30%...I like about 20%-30%. Of course, this all depends on strain and your preference. Cutting buds at different stages of amber will let you experiment a bit.

definitly some late flower nanners on them, can see clearly 2 of them on the first picture (middle of bud). not a big deal this close to harvest and its really normal for straisn to throw them out when its time to harvest.

PuffinNugs said:
definitly some late flower nanners on them, can see clearly 2 of them on the first picture (middle of bud). not a big deal this close to harvest and its really normal for straisn to throw them out when its time to harvest.

I have a few of these sack looking things at the top of my buds... I cut a few off and all that was inside was what looked like just hair waiting to come bursting out... Is that supposed to be there or is that hermies?

That could be nanners, but it looks like hairs to me. Can't tell with that picture, though! While we're talking about the pics, though, can someone tell me what the "lines" are in the first two pics...the ones connecting the trichs, look like spider webs?

Slowlyburn said:
I have a few of these sack looking things at the top of my buds... I cut a few off and all that was inside was what looked like just hair waiting to come bursting out... Is that supposed to be there or is that hermies?

Most nanners look like little bananas thus the term nanners.

I do not see any nanners.

That sack is most likely just the beginning of your plant foxtailing, I let the plant fill this in till the trics tell me to harvest.

PuffinNugs said:

Normal ?? I don't think so......

mountain man said:
Normal ?? I don't think so......

:aok:.. but I do think that it is becoming more common. "IMO" due to some of the breeding practices.

Hick said:
:aok:.. but I do think that it is becoming more common. "IMO" due to some of the breeding practices.

and that is quite unfortunately.imo

Latest posts

Back