When to transplant into ground?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KentuckyGold

Reaction score
Hey all, I have some photos I’ve raised in solo cups. They will be a month old in 4 days and are about 5 inches tall on average. I attached some pics of them. My question is when should I put these in the ground? I’m afraid they will run out of room but I don’t want to put them out too early. Any help is appreciated!!

Attachments

• 9B4244B8-061C-49F5-8641-8B41E6E8145E.jpeg
    9B4244B8-061C-49F5-8641-8B41E6E8145E.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 49
  • BD66B264-38FD-432E-B01C-6BFD0D52138D.jpeg
    BD66B264-38FD-432E-B01C-6BFD0D52138D.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 60
  • B84B2104-CEA8-4ADB-8D9D-F97233CE891F.jpeg
    B84B2104-CEA8-4ADB-8D9D-F97233CE891F.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 56
Following you guys here. From my first 6 seeds batch, I had five beautiful plants and started to take the pots to the sun and back in because it was too windy. This was stupid: two of them died because the stem broke. One was sort of bent. Three left, I planted them more or less this size (Kentuky). I think a neighborhood dog got curious and killed one. Another was the slightly bent one and it died. The only one left is beautiful. I used that protection because of the heavy storms. This picture is a week old, she's really doing good. The ones that I planted too early, with about an inch of root, barely germinated, died. Or at least I think they did: it's the 4-5th day and I see nothing.

Thanks for sharing this.

upload_2019-6-26_8-45-23.png
upload_2019-6-26_8-45-23.png

there certainly are many obstacles to overcome in an outdoor grow---don't by shy to grow in a container if the od soil is crap---i have personally seen 6' plants bust out huge flowers in 1 gal containers---a stake and a lightly attached zip tie or tomato cage will save you from high winds---plant on a SW facing slope if possible---best

there certainly are many obstacles to overcome in an outdoor grow---don't by shy to grow in a container if the od soil is crap---i have personally seen 6' plants bust out huge flowers in 1 gal containers---a stake and a lightly attached zip tie or tomato cage will save you from high winds---plant on a SW facing slope if possible---best

Thanks! My chief reason for the outdoor choice is space and light. Apart from eventual tornadoes, it's a nice weather for them. The soil is heavy on clay so I'm prepared to do what I did for that lady who did well in the picture: transplant them in a hole full of humus-rich soil. It's not bad soil, though. Actually, it may be a bit too good and: lots of earthworms and other soil animals. Apparently, the germinated seeds were all eaten. There are too many possible scavengers so I don't know who did it. This last batch (10 seeds, 5 of each strain) will grow inside up to about 4 inches and then go outside. Let's see.

So many obstacles when you grow it,so after few years of growing i think you will take some results

Tough truth. I wasn't prepared for that. I hoped that with the knowledge I had and experience with other "plant things" I would be good. Nope. I lost three good plants for stupid reasons and others for reasons I haven't figured out yet. I accept that I'm learning: learning the craft, learning each specific strain and learning each specific soil and location.

Latest posts

Back