Which one is better 400 or 600 HPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red_ss

Reaction score
Hey guys

which light is better for the plants the 400 HPS or 6oo HPS?

Thanks

ya but, 600 has more heat.
you can manage the heat better with a 400w hps.
i used a 400w, and it worked wonders.
now if you can....a 1000w is a miracle worker.

im pretty sure a 1000 watter would deal out more heat then a 600.

So what your saying is a 600 watt isn't as good as a 400 watt because it puts out more heat, but yet the 1000 watter is a miracle worker hahaha! Makes good sense. . .

heeeeeeh!! thanks guys im confuised now ?? at the beginning i new that the600w is more heat..but even with the fans it will prdouce the heat ?

im going today to buy one 600W or 400w iwant the light that make the plants grow faster

akirahz said:
So what your saying is a 600 watt isn't as good as a 400 watt because it puts out more heat, but yet the 1000 watter is a miracle worker hahaha! Makes good sense. . .

no, you just cant read good.
i was saying that the 400 has less heat than the 6.
but ideally a 1000w is best....even with its heat.

stop trying to argue with me.....im not. geeeze

p.s im not saying a 600 isnt good. im saying a 400w has less heat. and with alot of grow rooms Heat is a HUGE issue....so i was saying for a grow where heat is an issue...then 400 would be your best bet.

red_ss said:
heeeeeeh!! thanks guys im confuised now ?? at the beginning i new that the600w is more heat..but even with the fans it will prdouce the heat ?

im going today to buy one 600W or 400w iwant the light that make the plants grow faster

no need for confusion.
a 600w will give off its heat even with fans.....the fans will greatly cut down on the heat....but the temps in your grow room, will rise for sure.
if you want to cut down on heat even more, go with a 400w.

How big is your grow area?

400 is good for ~10 sq/ft
600 is good for ~14 sq/ft

Thanks guys idont want any one to argue .. my growing space is a closet

most closet grows can be done with a 400w hps...the effective radius is 20"-22"...if your grow area is smaller than 40"-44" circular, 600w would be a waste I think...I do agree however, that using more light is better than less...I've always grown with a 400w, I may go to 2-400's this spring, up east and west kinda thing, just to see if I get better buds...I still only grow 1 plant for my medicinal needs...

Heat is a collateral issue, more watts means more heat...

Well i didn't stoop so low as to personal insults "monkey?". And i guess i cant read well either, and "assumption" i think that was first blood there.. Not me trying to argue with anyone, just him stepping on my advice for some child like reason "oh a 600 puts out too much heat get a 400!! oh wait a 1000 would be the best bro!" .. Bravo OH wait dude, how about 3000 watts!! oh crud thats too much heat, but ya know if you could deal with the heat 3000 would be the best!! :rolleyes:

Yeah what Growdude said....I have a 1000HPS in my flower room 2x4x8 and with thelp from The great folks here...my temps are respectiful 83liteon...65---70 liteoff depending on temps ouside....I also use 1000HID...3x4.and 2@ 400HID 3x6.....those are 18/6...temps 84..HUMID 44%...so far they are happy...I have excellent vent in/out...

smoke..:tokie:

as i understand it a 600 is a big step up in heat compared to a 400, but i dont know first hand

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
no, you just cant read good.

oh common dude. thats uncalled for, people trying to help people around here, no need to speak down to someone while they trying to help a fellow grower...

Latest posts

Back