White Dots, Need Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrimsonUndertow

Passionate Grower
Reaction score
My plants are starting to show white dots. First it was a few, now it seem they all have these white dots all over the leaves, but its only the old leaves not the new growth. What am I doing Wrong?

mini-DSC00265.jpg

mini-DSC00298.jpg

how often are you feeding them and what? what type of lights, how close?

The Dots are on both the veg room plants and my flower room plants. I have 400w HPS for flower (not too close) and a 400w MH for veg. I feed the veggies 20-20-20 every week. and i use 10-5-10 for flowers every 2 weeks. I water only when the top 2 inches of soil dry up. I have not seen any pests or fungus.

Thats the start of nutrient lock out caused by PH imbalance, can you check your PH?
You also have serious nute burn on the second plant.
What soil have you got them in?

:eek: I took one look at the photos without reading anything. Maybe I'd better read it first. ::doh:

:holysheep: Turn the leaves over and look with glasses or a magnifying glass.
You will probably see tiny white eggs... And you will probably see black and/or red dots moving around once they feel the light on them. Those are mites. Get some BANG asap... that is if there are white eggs and little creepy things... very tiny... hard to see...
Good Luck. P.S. I'm getting a new mite treatment today from Texas. Supposed to be kick-a**.
:peace:

CrimsonUndertow said:
My plants are starting to show white dots. First it was a few, now it seem they all have these white dots all over the leaves, but its only the old leaves not the new growth. What am I doing Wrong?

CrimsonUndertow said:

:eek: Let me know if you see eggs... and bugs... If it's not that, I'll look in my book... but sure looks like mites... they reproduce 25 eggs a day I believe. could be more... have to check. they are treacherous.
Got to get to work. I'll check in later. :bolt: :watchplant:

I thought it was mites too but its not. There are no eggs I check them everyday. it looks like it's been marked with a white pen. It only happens on the old leaves. the new growth is fine. The thing is, i have the same system for my outdoor plant, i used the same soil (German peat moss), feeding, watering, nutes are all the same but she is showing yellow leaves at the bottom. in another post i asked about this cos my clones are also showing yellow leaves. So basically all the plants in my house all showing yellow leaves and all those that are in my grow basement (which is somewhere else) are showing dots but i use the same system for both. Maybe its the water.

Mist the plants with a very fine H2O under a bright and see if you can see little webs at the main stem and branch junction and at the ends and tops or tops of branches. Usually the only way you can see the small webs is if they have water droplets on them...
I'd get a mag. glass. just get a cheap one. It really helps see those little white eggs. Sometimes the leave underneath can be coated and it looks like a fine white powder... but the tiny dark dots will move around. I need very strong glasses or mag. glass to see them. And the lighting has to be right under the HID or the warm flor. lights. Good luck.
Maybe spray as a precaution. BANG is good. but it needs to be done every three days for a while to kill all the eggs. I also rinse my heavily infested plants in the shower held upside down. Shake them out and spray every other day for a week. They are kept isolated for a time until they clear up. I'm almost ahead of the game. :fid:
Oh I just thought of something...
Did you spray with a strong chemical when your plants were hot under lights??? That can happen also with the same symptoms... hmmm just reaching here.
*****Hey turn them over and show us a photo of a few undersides... focus and zoom important and I'll pull it into Photoshop and zoom in... Okay???

CrimsonUndertow said:
I thought it was mites too but its not. There are no eggs I check them everyday. it looks like it's been marked with a white pen. It only happens on the old leaves. the new growth is fine. The thing is, i have the same system for my outdoor plant, i used the same soil (German peat moss), feeding, watering, nutes are all the same but she is showing yellow leaves at the bottom. in another post i asked about this cos my clones are also showing yellow leaves. So basically all the plants in my house all showing yellow leaves and all those that are in my grow basement (which is somewhere else) are showing dots but i use the same system for both. Maybe its the water.

I have this same problem on both my hermies :D
It's been there for a while now and hasn't spread as much as you'd expect with mites... I didn't get a magnifying glass yet.. Maybe I should... But I figured I won't bother spraying them since they are flowering already + they both turned hermies and I've given up trying to have the healthiest and nicest possible plants...
I read a lot about Mites and don't think Mites cause the white dots on mine, I had three plants real close to each other and only two of them had those random signs... Third one (the one in the middle) was untouched...
There must be another reason this happens to plants - if not mites... That thing the Hippy said about PH sounded likely... I never checked the PH :D
Ignorant...
I am already looking forward to my next grow... Have a lot of room to improve... Thank you all for this useful forum!
Legalize it!

I'll have to check them later. I still don't think it's mites. what happens if it IS mites, will they die? should i mist the flowering plants too? will it effect them? And yes i did spray them once but even the ones i didn't spray have dots. I don't know what to do. They all seem healthy, but the dots are spreading.

SPRAY EVERY ONE OF YOUR LEAVES UNDERNEATH! Turn the plant upside down or on its side...
Use Bang up to the last three days of harvest... they say... try to keep it away from the buds... they attack leaves but build nests with webs on buds... It is horrible.
I'm getting some stuff from Texas that I will post about to share the love.
It's supposed to be a big secret, but hey, you guys are my buddies!
I'll have it today or tomorrow and let everyone know about it on a new post.
I dose the heck out of them. I have some home-made that is doing real well even killing eggs, but there's always that one left and they mate for life! and they reproduce every three days. Be back later. Horny little critters.

since nobody else has said it i will. you said your using 10-5-10 nutes for flowering. you want something with a high P and a much lower N i use bloombuster 10-54-10 at 1/4 to 1/2 strength. hope this helps on some level.

Hi everyone.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but rather than starting a new one for the same thing, I'll post here :).

When I saw this thread a few days ago it caught my eye because 1 of my ladies was showing similar symptoms. I figured I'll keep my eye on both.

Well today I was watering, and bang, I think I have the case of the spider mites...

Crimson, were you able to alieviate the problem? I hope so.

Well anyway, take a gander at this and let me know. This is a 2 week flowering Cali Orange Bud (Ettesun, this is the one you helped me clone 2 months ago, it's sooo beautiful :), thanx again). So far, it's the only ladie out of 7 that I can see has them.
Anyway, here's the pic:
131.jpg

Considering these are spider mites, I'll get some BANG as ettesun suggests, but it won't arrive for another week from now cause it won't ship out till Monday. Should I do any thing in the interm? I feel sick watching them move around up there and destroying my babie :(, not to mention, I just plain old don't want them in my house. Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Happy Fourth to you and yours ! ! ! ! Be safe and be well everyone.

Mites..yuck...Good luck...Im not sure there is a sure cure for this problem..all I know is How to keep them to a minimum..keep us posted

PeaceKiller said:
Hi everyone.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but rather than starting a new one for the same thing, I'll post here :).

When I saw this thread a few days ago it caught my eye because 1 of my ladies was showing similar symptoms. I figured I'll keep my eye on both.

Well today I was watering, and bang, I think I have the case of the spider mites...

Crimson, were you able to alieviate the problem? I hope so.

Well anyway, take a gander at this and let me know. This is a 2 week flowering Cali Orange Bud (Ettesun, this is the one you helped me clone 2 months ago, it's sooo beautiful :), thanx again). So far, it's the only ladie out of 7 that I can see has them.
Anyway, here's the pic:
View attachment 66685

Considering these are spider mites, I'll get some BANG as ettesun suggests, but it won't arrive for another week from now cause it won't ship out till Monday. Should I do any thing in the interm? I feel sick watching them move around up there and destroying my babie :(, not to mention, I just plain old don't want them in my house. Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Happy Fourth to you and yours ! ! ! ! Be safe and be well everyone.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ead.php?t=3316
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ighlight=mites
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ighlight=mites

4u2smoke said:
Mites..yuck...Good luck...Im not sure there is a sure cure for this problem..all I know is How to keep them to a minimum..keep us posted
Insecticide is the only way to get rid of them. I bought some home prevention stuff and started spraying weeks before I set my room up. I will continue to use it between harvest and cleaning to kill any littlespotted booooogers that want to linger. There are several different things that will deter them on the market. However if you get an infestation and some become resilient to the pesticide you will have an even bigger problem.

i'll throw this out there too...high humidity and low temps will slow down reproduction til you you get it under control! good luck

Latest posts

Back