White spots on my top nug!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dirtyolsouth said:
Here are a couple of pics of classic light bleaching I found online... :)

Peace~!:joint:

Not sure where you found these online, but pic 1 and I'm quite sure pic 2 are not light bleaching.

Pic 1 is Iron deficiency.

Here is a pic of light bleaching.

1134light-burnt-zindica1.jpg

dirtyolsouth said:
Nice looking buds! :clap:

It looks a bit like some type of light bleaching but more like maybe some over fertilization or some other issue you had at one time as well. It's possible that you might have gotten some water droplets on the leaves from condensation if there is a swing in temps at lights off and lights on... what wattage light are you using? I don't see any evidence of issues on the newest growth I can see so I don't think it will be a major problem and you'll just trim away those few crispy leaves.

I have a 1k hps and some strains get bleaching even with a foot to 15" of clearance under the light but when that happens Its more of a slow yellowing of the leaves, especially the top fan leaves more than anything else with also some visible bleaching right at the top tips of colas too.

Here are a couple of pics of classic light bleaching I found online... :)

Peace~!:joint:

those pics also look like classic Zinc / sulfur def as well only time your going to get light bleaching really is from haeing bad reflective material on your walls Giving you hot spots on leafs thus causing it to burn , and possiblly bleach out
in all grand scheme of things its pretty hard to get light bleaching you place lights to ckose before bleaching takes place your plants start to wrinkle up just go look at a 35 year old female in florida lol looks like a Raisin lol you need to get better air movement water few hrs before lights on giving ample time to dry possible wet spots you know the sun produces 100 watt per sq foot and we don;t see to much bleaching when we look in our gardens most growers are half that for there grow rooms

DrFever said:
those pics also look like classic Zinc / sulfur def as well only time your going to get light bleaching really is from haeing bad reflective material on your walls Giving you hot spots on leafs thus causing it to burn , and possiblly bleach out
in all grand scheme of things its pretty hard to get light bleaching you place lights to ckose before bleaching takes place your plants start to wrinkle up just go look at a 35 year old female in florida lol looks like a Raisin lol you need to get better air movement water few hrs before lights on giving ample time to dry possible wet spots you know the sun produces 100 watt per sq foot and we don;t see to much bleaching when we look in our gardens most growers are half that for there grow rooms

I have a 1k HPS in a 2 x 4 closet :eek: and bleaching is unavoidable on some strains and it looks just like the pics I posted. ;) :p :bongin:

Latest posts

Back