who flowers with T5's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LH, good to see you around bro....I would use T5's in a pinch if I was wrapping up a grow and taking a break and closing up shop for a couple months. Why not use every light and every tent to take as many ladies across the Finish Line and reap the rewards. Even if the bud is a little bit sub par compared to the HPS buds, if you are running good genetics you will still get some real good smoke...end of story.

buddogmutt said:
I do....I've recently switched over...I've replaced my 1000w hps with 3--4bulb set-ups...12 HO T5's....plants love it...lower growth exploded with growth....with this heat wave temps are much lower..86' with lights on...I really don't see a reason to go back...my lumen output is higher with these 12 then the one 1000...and that's all that matters along with color spectrum....roughly 12 days since the switch and only thing different is the pistils all of a sudden exploding on the lower growth....a sign of better light penetration

You are trippin if you think you will yield better with a room full of T5's over 1k HPS's. If the wattage was equal lets say, regardless of sq ft. Lets say you have a 8x8 space. There is no way you will yield even close to 8lb's plus from a T5 set up, no way.

And even if you grow like you have shown and go straight to flower from clone. Looking at a year end haul and not what you get per crop. You will still not even be close to the yield from a 1k light.

Hamster Lewis said:
Yes the cheap 1000W bulbs are 130,000. The next step up is like 140,000 and the highest I saw on 1000bulbs.com was 145,000. I would still run two 600's over a 1000 any day, everyday. You get more bang for your buck watt to lumen wise and you get to split your set up and spread the light way better.

that's a very good point. I have a 400 and a 600 and you are right about spreading the light. Big difference.

nouvellechef said:
You are trippin if you think you will yield better with a room full of T5's over 1k HPS's. If the wattage was equal lets say, regardless of sq ft. Lets say you have a 8x8 space. There is no way you will yield even close to 8lb's plus from a T5 set up, no way.

And even if you grow like you have shown and go straight to flower from clone. Looking at a year end haul and not what you get per crop. You will still not even be close to the yield from a 1k light.

Not tripping...as usual just experimenting....the 1000 is still here if needed..I'm in a 5x5x7 tent.....and I'm using seeds from here on out...so the "straight 12/12 grows are over...that's a clone thing...and a waste of a seed..IMO..And i never put any predictions on my out come..only that I've seen no neg side effects so far...I think you're the one who's tripping...

I guess you TOTALLY looked over the HEAT WAVE part of my post....you do know the definition of a heat wave...simply put a massive raise in temperature for an extended duration....103-106 for 3wks...had to do something..plants at 5wks of 12/12 tent temps hit over 120'....and since the switch I haven't noticed any neg side effects...how is that me tripping...

buddogmutt said:
Not tripping...as usual just experimenting....the 1000 is still here if needed..I'm in a 5x5x7 tent.....and I'm using seeds from here on out...so the "straight 12/12 grows are over...that's a clone thing...and a waste of a seed..IMO..And i never put any predictions on my out come..only that I've seen no neg side effects so far...I think you're the one who's tripping...

I guess you TOTALLY looked over the HEAT WAVE part of my post....you do know the definition of a heat wave...simply put a massive raise in temperature for an extended duration....103-106 for 3wks...had to do something..plants at 5wks of 12/12 tent temps hit over 120'....and since the switch I haven't noticed any neg side effects...how is that me tripping...

No trippin. It's simple. You install a mini split or seal up the room and run CO2 when temps get that high. Switching to T5's cause of heat, will never offset the little you spend on a self contained AC unit. Never. Now that's trippin man.

nouvellechef said:
No trippin. It's simple. You install a mini split or seal up the room and run CO2 when temps get that high. Switching to T5's cause of heat, will never offset the little you spend on a self contained AC unit. Never. Now that's trippin man.

That's your opinion and you're intitled to it...i wanted to do my own t5 experiment & the heat wave gave me perfect opportunity to do so...it's that simple...you don't have to agree or understand it...you have nothing invested in my grow..why not offer opinion on the topic and not my response to it...my motives are clear...and my grows look GREAT...so save the bla,bla,bla..the thread starter appreciated my input...that's all that matters...

This is also one reason most choose to flower at night lights off during the day. If your place has ac then plumb it to room if not 200$ will get u a portable/window ac n you're laughing.

But to compare t5s to an hid lamp is tripping.
To finish off a grow or pack up could be considered
But to say they will out lumen n out pen n overall out do hid lamp no.

Like I said your having heat probs. a 600 will do u better than them t5s.
Nothing like less power for more lumens. :D
N the heat from the 600 will be less than your 1k by alot.
LH.

How bout this????? That otta cool a little, it is huge, right above the grow room, an attic fan. And I will flower at night this time. Good idea. No air conditioner unit will fit in my tiny space.

DSCF1981.JPG

buddogmutt said:
That's your opinion and you're intitled to it...i wanted to do my own t5 experiment & the heat wave gave me perfect opportunity to do so...it's that simple...you don't have to agree or understand it...you have nothing invested in my grow..why not offer opinion on the topic and not my response to it...my motives are clear...and my grows look GREAT...so save the bla,bla,bla..the thread starter appreciated my input...that's all that matters...

Your grows look ok at best man. I tried to tell you last year that just throwing a bunch of plants in that tent and going straight to flower would yield ok at best at a net cost per gram.

Now I am telling you the same thing. It makes no sense. It's obv your not some personal smoke grower. Your trying to be the best at what you do. And your experimenting falls short every time. It's not a opinion, what I speak is the truth. There was a time when I grew for a living and I was the best at what I did from a net cost per gram standpoint. There is a old thread in here that I broke down the cost per net gram. Came out to like $5 per oz. Run your math on your grow and I bet you will be shocked.

Experiment all you want brotha. Guess we will see, cause all your pics are just sooo awesome.

Rosebud said:
How bout this????? That otta cool a little, it is huge, right above the grow room, an attic fan. And I will flower at night this time. Good idea. No air conditioner unit will fit in my tiny space.

View attachment 206366

Those are an attics best friend. Lol.
I hear the no room. For ac. But if needed be. A portable one or even a window ac can be plumbed to the room or near for fresh air intake.
When we ran ours I had to put 25' of ducting. To my room. I did put a inline boaster in for aid n it worked well when needed.
LH

Hey Rose are you able to pull any fresh air from under your house or are you on a concrete pad? I have found that if there is a crawl space under the house, that air is considerably cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. :)

bwanabud said:
Got ya Hammy :)

I guess I usually just ignore the "difficult kids"...and don't pay attention to their user names....he won't be around here long if he keeps acting up, he get a "time out" :D

I'm too busy growing and enjoying life, to have peeing battles with others...PEACE Brother Hammy :icon_smile:

True that bro...hope things are going well. Always good to see you pop in from time to time my friend.

Hamster Lewis said:
True that bro...hope things are going well. Always good to see you pop in from time to time my friend.

Same to you as well Hammy :icon_smile:

I'm a lurker :cool: try to check in once a day, exchange PM's with MP friends (like yourself)...and run out of time before I get to post anything :D

Stay thirsty my friend.

I always wanted to try it with my sunblaster T5HO's
this i copied from there site lol

Grow bigger healthier plants... faster with SunBlaster's T5 high output fluorescent horticultural grow fixtures. Whether in a grow tent or an indoor garden, T5HO bulbs provide the ideal 6400K full spectrum for plant growth.

The SunBlaster T5HO lamp is one cool cucumber, it throws minimal heat, does not require expensive ventilation systems and can be placed 1"-2" above the plant canopy which maximizes photo synthetic response. The energy saving benefits are huge, up to 50%, compared to standard fluorescent.

And there's more... each T5HO lamp is self ballasted, does not flicker, is noiseless and weighs only 100 grams. The fixtures are easy to install and their Plug & Play technology makes for no wiring requirements. Best of all you can link up to 8 fixtures together, using one single outlet or place them singly where they are most needed.

While perfect for seeding, cutting, and early vegetation SunBlaster's T5HO Horticultural Grow Lights also work for flowering and full term growth.

SunBlaster's T5HO lamps produce a light of much higher quality than a conventional tube and, as a result, the energy input into the area being lit is much greater and the light penetration is far superior to anything previously available.

Sunblaster 6400K T5HO lamps simulate natural sunlight and are ideal for cuttings and vegetative growth.

When it's time to kick into bloom, choose our SunBlaster 2700K T5HO lamps.

For maximum output and efficiency use with SunBlaster T5HO lighting fixtures.

The SunBlaster 10,000K Super blue T5HO lamp is popular in aquarium applications, and is fast becoming popular as supplemental light for finishing in high value horticultural applications, where essential oil production is desired.

Specialty lamps are available in red, green and blue for those that wish to create interesting visual effects for home, office or store front. The look of neon without the expense.

These lamps require a special T5HO Fixture and can not be used in standard fluorescent fixtures.

^^^ And if I buy Keds tennis shoes, I can run faster & jump higher :)

It's marketing propaganda, to induce sales from the pure.

bwanabud said:
^^^ And if I buy Keds tennis shoes, I can run faster & jump higher :)

It's marketing propaganda, to induce sales from the pure.

?????? i had nothing but excellent results from sunblaster HO's there guy... here 800 clones :) everyone rooted
I use only These for clones and Veg them for a bit presently then onto big power HPS Gavita's, and normal ballests etc lol 3 - 15,000 watts
I am sure everyone will admit that your not going to make huge yields growing this way but it can be done and nothing wrong as there are a ton of CFL and flouresent growers out there right ?? i will do a actual grow soon just T5's and see for my self what i can produce lol who knows may be shocking to some here 39 grams per plant under T5's not bad yea think lol

DSCN5359.JPG

DSCN2410.JPG

DSCN5286.JPG

Latest posts

Back