Who Makes THE Best Call Mag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepper

Peace Love & Happiness
Reaction score
Looking to pick up some call mag for my hydro systems. Who makes THE best cal mag?

Its called Cal-Mag Plus and works great ;)
Its meant for hydro peeps but works in organics to help out def. ;)

Mutt said:
Its called Cal-Mag Plus and works great ;)
Its meant for hydro peeps but works in organics to help out def. ;)

:yeahthat:

Botanicare is the manufacturer... Good stuff!:cool:

Thanks gents.
I have never used this stuff before, so I figure I will give it a try. Do I need to cut back on my nute ppm's when I add the cal mag? Or do I just add the cal mag to the regular strenth nutes that I use? How much should I buy? Would 1 galon be good for a wile? My rez is 20 and 40 galon.
I plan on using it in the garden from start to finish.

Hi,

Yup... you can use it every feed along with your other nutes. A gallon should last quite a while even in hydro with your large reservoirs.

Happy Growing!:cool:

Hello Pepper, I just used some Magical which they also put iron in. I would not recommend any with too much added iron...the added iron locked up the Phosphorus in one of my strains and was a little tough to diagnose in rockwool when the ph was right. A little off the subject but thought I would throw it out there in case it helps someone...it surprised me!

Thanks again, I'll pick up a galon of the Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus
How much do I use per galon of water? 5ml per galon?

Thats what I just started using in my hydro,Im using gh 3 part,my ppms are around 800-900,it made my ppms jump up a lot more then I liked to see,I did not cut back on my ppms when I changed out my res,I added my nutes to where I wanted them,then added the amount stated on label,so far no nute burn,I watch my plants daily,I use ro water never had any problem with ph drift,till I started using cal mag plus,my ph will drop to 4.2 if I dont keep an eye on it.

Hope this helps,

ozman

ozman said:
Thats what I just started using in my hydro,Im using gh 3 part,my ppms are around 800-900,it made my ppms jump up a lot more then I liked to see,I did not cut back on my ppms when I changed out my res,I added my nutes to where I wanted them,then added the amount stated on label,so far no nute burn,I watch my plants daily,I use ro water never had any problem with ph drift,till I started using cal mag plus,my ph will drop to 4.2 if I dont keep an eye on it.

Hope this helps,

ozman

Thanks
:eek: PH 4.2 :eek: that's not to good. Your garden on 12/12?

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. I've been using General Organics Cal/Mag. The stuff is great and has added Mollases - which is one of those things you can't have to much of.

yes im on wk 4 of a 45-50 day cycle.

jmansweed said:
Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. I've been using General Organics Cal/Mag. The stuff is great and has added Mollases - which is one of those things you can't have to much of.

Thanks. I have never tried mollases neither, I know I like it myself with some bread and butter :D my granny RIP made the best mollases I have ever had in my life good stuff.

ozman said:
yes im on wk 4 of a 45-50 day cycle.

I assumed that you were, it is normal for plants during 12/12 to release certain toxins that lower the ph.

Budders Keeper said:
Hello Pepper, I just used some Magical which they also put iron in. I would not recommend any with too much added iron...the added iron locked up the Phosphorus in one of my strains and was a little tough to diagnose in rockwool when the ph was right. A little off the subject but thought I would throw it out there in case it helps someone...it surprised me!

Is this what you use Technaflora MagiCal ?
I was just told by the guy at the shop that this product is actually better and less expensive than the cal mag plus.

He says the cal mag plus will get cloudy in the bottle and that is not a good thing, but the magical does not get cloudy.

Latest posts

Back