Who R These Jerks Testing Stoners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MergeLeft

I feel better already!
Reaction score
I smoked my way through college, grad school, all kinds of jobs & never got tested (but I dropped out 10 years back)- I would be interested in hearing from you all who is doing the testing & what the deal is?

Is it employers, which ones, all of them? When you get hired, after you start working, or both? :mad:

Has anyone been fired or not hired because of this? :mad:

One gal posted here that her probation required it. What do they do to you if you flunk while on probation?:cop:

Do schools do it? To everybody, or if they are "suspicious?" :confused:

If you wreck your car, do they test for it?:shocked:

Your Mom- no not that :angrywife: ?!!!?

I know, I need to get out more.. but since I don't, tell me your drug testing stories here- THANX.

All of my drug tests have been from potential employers. I got one job through a temp agency who drug tested me and then when my temp contract was up 90 days later the employer re-tested me before officially hiring me! LAME

I have passed all of my pre-employment drug screens except one with the help of those body cleansing drinks. The one time I failed I did not get hired solely because I failed the drug screen.

if you fail while on probation a few things could happen... your office could one not even care and not report it.... you could end up doing jail time.... umm it all depends on what ur case is.. for the most part.

schools do drug testing??? i've had potiential jobs i've been tested for.. usually temp agencies and factories test you.. they don't want someone all toked out operating a forklift.. gettin run over by one of those wouldn't be a picnic...

Well, schools drug test if they do have suspcisions. But they have to have concent of your parents. They requested one for my dad, he turned it down. said he doesn't care what they think they're not going to do that to his son ahahah, good dad. he didn't know i smoked then either. And all my jobs, like i worked at a factory once, i smoked with my boss, and now construction i smoke with my boss and everybody on job, makes the day go easier lol. We just don't smoke enough to get couch locked, just a light high :)

My friend, she worked at a nursing home and they wanted to do a random drug test. And they tested her before she got the job. They wanted the test then and there, which i think they're spose to give you a 24 hour notice, but she refused the test cause she would failed she said cause she smoked that day. annnd she got fired for refusing. I think it's stupid, and that they just need to smoke a bowla nd tell me weed is bad haha.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Hey thanks for giving your stories, TaraRose, Pranic & Dewayne. It's weird to me what people put up with now because 30 years ago people would have been picketing places that did this (ok, not the probation, but the employers and the schools). Yay on the Dads & Moms who 'just say no' to the man making their kid wee in a dixie cup!

I agree...especially for marijuana. I mean honestly, us potheads rarely make lifethreatening mistakes due to marijuana use. You may ocasionally see us waiting for the stopsign to turn green or forgetting why we were going out to the kitchen halfway there, but you rarely hear about someone hitting a carload of people head-on on the freeway because they were stoned *insert eye roll here*

ahahah that was funny. Yeah and the ones that we do make we prolly woulda made if we were sober. alcahol is worse than marijuana, but whatever. No law they put up will ever stop me from smoking marijuana, no one but my own self would cause me to do so. And that's if i felt it interferred with my life in a negative way. Which to be honest marijuana mellows me out, makes me see things more clearly, lets me enjoy my life, and to me enjoying life is one of the biggest things. so how i see it, MJ goes into the positive part of my life. Keep on smoking :) :fly:

~Burn one~
Dewayne

i applied for a new job at hooters and they're testing me, i'm not sure if it's because they do that to every employee or if the person who recommended me just got fired

one of my friends is forced to go to a christian school, one day a teacher claimed he smelled like cannabis, then the office said they wanted to test him but he straight up told them he'd fail, they let him off with a warning

dont know anyone on probation, or who gets test by mommy

ive heard of a guy who was smoking with 3 work mates, and when they got "sussed", 3 of them got fired and 1 suspended?!?!? so when he says "sussed". he means the guy who got suspnded smoked with them kept his job for letting the boss know it was going on. i think thats LAME.

oh, and my step mother test me?? no, she can tell by looking. wel she has been smoking for over 15 years.

85CANNABLISS

I feel a rant is in order...:mad:

For one thing:
What exactly are these drug tests aimed at. Certainly not alcohol, nor cocaine, or meth. Heck if they are lucky and I mean lucky that someone is so strung out that they can't lay off of it for a couple of days they deserve to lose there job. but....it is solely aimed at one type of person. The pot smoker. We can smoke a joint a night before bed in moderation and get nailed no matter how clean we are at work. Its total utter crap.

I was a manager at one job. The boss man came in and asked me my opinion on drug screening. The first thing I said was..well man your gonna lose more than half your staff. He just clammed up and never mentioned it again. I didn't tell him who or even me. but he got the picture fast. The best help is stoners. They want there job their life and thier weed too. I found I am more dedicated to employers that do NOT test as they are truly focused on one thing. How does this person work and does this person make me $$$$. Thats what it is really about. I have fired people who smoked and people who didn't smoke. I got simple rules. Do your job, come in on time, and be safe. Otherwise I don't care.
I did have a problem with some that came in high as there job performance went south. If you could hide it and maintain your job...more power to ya.

End Rant.:p

if it wasnt for weed i would not
go to work haha:D so i dont see
the problem with it. And if someone
told me to take a UA i would do
a Chuck Norris Round house kick
strait to there balls no joke i hate
ppl evading my privacy so what if i smoke
its not effecting u. Im not in a bus and whip
out my bowl and blow my smoke in ppls faces:D
i do not see the problem with weed but
i guess im just nobody hahaha

Mutt said:
I got simple rules. Do your job, come in on time, and be safe. Otherwise I don't care.
I did have a problem with some that came in high as there job performance went south. If you could hide it and maintain your job...more power to ya.

hey Mutt can i work for u?:D

Birdman Burke said:
And if someone
told me to take a UA i would do
a Chuck Norris Round house kick

:chuck:

Birdman Burke said:
hey Mutt can i work for u?:D

I think I could use some help during harvest. :p ;)

Mutt said:
I feel a rant is in order...:mad:

For one thing:
What exactly are these drug tests aimed at....End Rant.:p

Mutt, I think what they're aimed at is getting people used to constant unreasonable and arbitrary violations of their privacy; even more, making people alter their lifestyles (forced to quit smoking mj) out of FEAR. The more afraid people are, the easier it is to control them. Or maybe it's just that the people who smoke mj tend to be non-conformists, thinkers, lefties, young- all that stuff the man hates.

A rant is totally in order- the government can't do random UA on people because (miracles of miracles) that would still be considered illegal search & seizure. Employers aren't limited by the 4th Amendment limitation of unreasonable searches & seizures, BUT they should be.

ReeferMadness said:
i applied for a new job at hooters and they're testing me

Now that is funny- are they afraid your 'hooters' might escape the teensy little top if you're stoned?

OK, you didn't say that's the job you applied for- but it cracks me up knowing where HOOTERS draws the line. :eek:

Birdman Burke said:
if it wasnt for weed i would not
go to work haha:D

I never would have been qualified to go to my job if it weren't for weed- smoked it before, during and after class for 7 years to get my license. :hubba:

I have worked for two companys that tested only when there was a on the job accident that required a visit to the hospital. If you tested possitive for anything, the workmans comp was out (I never saw this tested, just what i understood, this was over twenty years ago) and they warned you the employers insurance did not work. Also you were fired, kept most on the job straight, the places were both lumber mills and the accidents they had usually sent you to emergency rooms.
Right now my husband is not smoking cause he fears his current job may end and he may have to change employers. His new employer may do a drug test before hiring, he is a laborer working around big equipment. I even smoke outside now, not wanting him to possibly fail a test.
I have never been stoned on the job, but i would certainly smoke after, even when i worked in the lumber mills, but i was much younger then and insurance was not something i thot of often, if at all. I have smoked for as many years as you Mergeleft and have never taken a drug test.
RANTS ARE VERY MUCH IN ORDER WHEN OUR CIVIL RIGHTS ARE CONCERNED.
tcbud

Well only once in my lifetime have i encountered a drugs test which was compulsary, and thank my lucky stars my number never came up.

It was at a place of previous employment, litterally just over a thousand workers including the suits. So the place had its own medical bays, and the tests which admittedly were random (which seemed like more of a "scare tactic" to me) were preformed by national health service employees so none other than your everyday nurse or doctor, depending who was in at the time.

Well im not sure i totally agreed with the idea of them being national health service workers, but still, i lost some skin on quite a few occasions so i cant fault there offerings but having my employment drugs test (which only resulted in a dismisal, no prosecution) on government records isnt my cup of tea ;)

As for drugs test being used regularly to keep fear in smokers, well if it is the case it works well as does the anti-smoking campaign, but it could easily be completely the opposite. i.e over compensation on behalf of employers / schools through fear in themselves maintained by propaganda.

just my two cents :)

this drug test bull spit is because of workers comp regulations iam self emploied and i had to have myself tested and dam near fired myself it sux

Latest posts

Back