Who Wants To Be My Organics Coach ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUFF MONKEY

TOWELIE IS MADE OF HEMP
Reaction score
I want to try a more stable soil than MG...i like MG but i want better...planning on starting a new grow in a day or 2...i basically need nute and soil prep info(mixes, additives)and water retention habits...thanks for any input
i'll be vegging with 12 T12's for now but they have already proven themselves.....i don't pre-germinate and plan to only transplant twice in the life of the plant.

I've been using alot of Fox Farms products this past few grows...I mix worm castings, perlite and their Ocean Forest soil in a 1:1:3 part mixture...and their 3 part kit of fertilizer works quite well for me...I recently added Cha-Ching for finishing the plants in flower...I start feeding them a weak fertilizer solution when the cotyledon leaves (small round leaves that are the first to show) start to shrivel and drop...then feed them regularly, increasing the strength of the solution until they show that they don't need it any stronger. You learn to read the plant, she'll tell you what she likes if you keep a close eye on her...

hope this helps...

Peace...j.b.

MG makes an organic soiless type of medium made of composted bark, peat moss, and chicken litter. I have been doing a lot of reading on it since it is fairly low in cost because the season is changing. It has some mixed reviews thus far.

I have found that the best organics to use are from Blue Mountain Organics. I use the SPT all the way thru the grow, and the Flower Power 2 weeks into flowering. I also feed the micro organisms with Molasses. Very green and thick growth, biggest buds ever. Blue Mountain Organics can only be found on ebay but they are really cheap and they work the best. And for the soil I have had no problem with the MG Moisture Control just dont give any nutes for the first few weeks, only use SPT to get the micro organisms into the soil.

50 %pertiles, orgainic micro grow soils, and 50% pea moss, mix it together
add some straight water... drain it well, then it should be ready
hope I help.. don't mind to be your coach...

btw get guano or bat poopoo be sure its dried, and save it for veg growth..
has good N in it..

i went out and got some MG organic choice potting soil.....do i need to add any nutes before i plant ???? If so how do i do it ???i also got some MG perlite...how should i mix it ??

if you look at the back of the perlite i bet it has nutes already in it.. or atleast mine did. so keep that in mind when you mix your soil. when i mix soil i like to use worm casting in the mix, as much as you wanna add is fine. i'll let some one else give you more ideas as im still tryin to figure out organic growin my self

grab a table, or a huge bowl, or 35 gal rubbermaid tub.. pour out all soils from the mg bag, and get pertile bag, and pour ONLY HALF, then mix the rest..

you will get lot of pertiles in the organic soils, wet it though, now its ready to put the soils in the pots... that what I do for years... works every time..

btw, these soils you gonna make, can be reuseable for 2nd and 3rd grow, still no problems...

cool,.. i was wonderin about reusing the soil..so i don't need to add any nutes before planting ???

i reuse my soil and don't add anything but composted cow poo, wormcastings or live worms and dried leaves if your gonna compostit for a while. but i do add perlite before i plant in it.

Latest posts

Back