Will a 12/12 from seed plant still GROW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont think potency is effected, or quailty.
Yeild..i think it would be less than normal.
if you did it right, under hps. i think you could get close to a normal yeilding single cola plant.

Hick said:
Of course it can be done. Several journals here will document that.
But does it "negatively" effect the yeild, potency and quality of the final product ??

It appears to have..THAT plant.

Well of course it's going to effect yield because there will be less nodes to have buds at. However, you will still get a product of quality if it's going to have quality to begin with.

With all due respect, and honesty, the question wasn't necessarily directed towards anything aside from the fact of whether or not it will "Grow".

Then again, a lot of microgrowers get about the same yield as a plant starting off from 12/12 so it might be a positive for some.

My plant will be small, and produce a small amount of final product, but in the end, it's how I wanted to grow it. This plant will produce probably a good dense little cola

12/12 worked great for me. Check my journal

1. Shorter crop turnaround
2. Save money on electricity, nutes, bulbs
3. Fit more plants in the same space
4. Plants have more light because of less lateral branching
5. Easier to manage
6. Less height restrictive

I would definitley advise it. You're just speeding up the plants life cycle.

Sorry Hick, but growing indoors under artificial light, feeding nutes and controlling environmental factors with equipment aint natural either. You should try 12/12 ...

Peace RBH

Hey guys - here is an Afghani 12/12 from seed. I had to try it. It's alright, but not really my bag.

I wish I didn't have the 24 hr veg elect, and related exhaust issues for another box set-up. Each growing style has it's plusses and minuses...........

I think it all ends up in preference and to each his own. I prefer to get them nice, bushy, and thick. Then switchem to 12/12.

She has 4 to 5 more weeks to go so she will be one big fat bud for cutting time.

100_1037.jpg

100_1038.jpg

pot belly... what size pot is that that you used? i want to put a unused rubbermaid to use and wanted to know what size pot that was. Looks like a good size for my LED micro setup.

I am going to build an ALL in one setup for my microgrow.

it's a growbox/herb dryer combo with carbon scrubber and fan. Will be great! :)

Runbyhemp said:
Sorry Hick, but growing indoors under artificial light, feeding nutes and controlling environmental factors with equipment aint natural either. You should try 12/12 ...

Peace RBH

so funny, but very True.

thanks alot for the advice Runbyhemp. it made a world of difference.

Look up a grower named elephantman. He taught me so much in the matter of just a few weeks. His grow journal on this forum consists of mainly 12/12 from seed plant. His pic in the gallery titled "mini malawi" is a sativa dominant plant grown from seed on a 12/12 light schedule.

Pot Belly said:
Hey guys - here is an Afghani 12/12 from seed. I had to try it. It's alright, but not really my bag.

I wish I didn't have the 24 hr veg elect, and related exhaust issues for another box set-up. Each growing style has it's plusses and minuses...........

I think it all ends up in preference and to each his own. I prefer to get them nice, bushy, and thick. Then switchem to 12/12.

If my plants look half that nice I'll be very happy.

""One thing is obvious though, some of the most powerful herbs on the planet come from very close to the equator, where there is never more than 13 hours of light a day. Time to maturity from birth has alot to do with a 12/12 regime from birth...some plants will be very small, some can hit 6-7 feet...with no veg light cycle, but as I understand it, potency is not affected either way."" ~ elephantman

thats really all i needed to know.
and someone said that its not natural to grow from seed at 12/12....but i would say that its pritty natural if its close to the equator.

the pic i have attached, is one that elephantman grew. It is likely that i will end up with something similar to this.
but i think i can do better than that, and equal the yeild of a single cola normal plant. Im am working hard on getting my CFL lights just perfect.

DCFC0005.JPG

and someone said that its not natural to grow from seed at 12/12....but i would say that its pritty natural if its close to the equator.

Excellent point Ekoostik Hookah. That picture of emans plant does not do this method justice

Peace RBH

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
""One thing is obvious though, some of the most powerful herbs on the planet come from very close to the equator, where there is never more than 13 hours of light a day. Time to maturity from birth has alot to do with a 12/12 regime from birth...some plants will be very small, some can hit 6-7 feet...with no veg light cycle, but as I understand it, potency is not affected either way."" ~ elephantman

the pic i have attached, is one that elephantman grew. It is likely that i will end up with something similar to this.
but i think i can do better than that, and equal the yeild of a single cola normal plant. Im am working hard on getting my CFL lights just perfect.

"but as I understand it, potency is not affected either
way.""

..notice.."as I understand it"???
this is an opinion .. mine is different :)

"its pritty natural if its close to the equator."
....."ONLY if you are growing equatorial sativas, Equatorial strains are NOT regulated by "photoperiodism" .. They grow (veg) to sexual maturity, then flower.
"As I understand it" some ES's may veg for 2 years before flowering at the equator.
"No place" else on earth, where mj is grown or has been cultivated, does that ..phenomenon occur. .. "It ain't natural" for 95%+ of plants.
"PHOTOPERIODISM"...

Many flowering plants use the pigment phytochrome to sense seasonal changes in day length, which they take as signals to flower. This sensitivity to day length is termed photoperiodism. Broadly speaking, flowering plants can be classified as long day plants, short day plants, or day neutral plants, depending on thir particular response to changes in day length. Long day plants require a certain minimum length of daylight to initiate flowering, so these plants flower in the spring or summer. Conversely, short day plants will flower when the length of daylight falls below a certain critical level. Day neutral plants do not initiate flowering based on photoperiodism, though some may use temperature sensitivity (vernalization) instead.
Although a short day plant cannot flower during the long days of summer, it is not actually the period of light exposure that limits flowering. Rather, a short day plant requires a minimal length of uninterrupted darkness in each 24 hour period (a short daylength) before floral development can begin. It has been determined experimentally that a short day plant (long night) will not flower if a flash of phytochrome activiting light is used on the plant during the night.

Originally Posted by Runbyhemp

Peace RBH

"BUT"... you/we try to provide a near natural environment, Don't you/we??
fresh air, mimmick sunlight in both summer and fall...
Sorry folks, a few scraggly 3-5 gram buds aren't going to convince me that it doesn't negatively effect the plants potential possibilities.

md.apothecary said:
pot belly... what size pot is that that you used? i want to put a unused rubbermaid to use and wanted to know what size pot that was. Looks like a good size for my LED micro setup.

I am going to build an ALL in one setup for my microgrow.

it's a growbox/herb dryer combo with carbon scrubber and fan. Will be great! :)

Hey md - here's the post where I did a step by step with that container. It includes measurements of the tub in the pics. That little Afghani in there is the same one by the way.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169207&postcount=56

"BUT"... you/we try to provide a near natural environment, Don't you/we??
fresh air, mimmick sunlight in both summer and fall...
Sorry folks, a few scraggly 3-5 gram buds aren't going to convince me that it doesn't negatively effect the plants potential possibilities.

How is switching from 18/6 light one day to 12/12 the next natural. What natural event does this mimic ?

3-5 grams ... lol ... I got 10 ounces from 6 plants

I present you with facts, not opinions. I have tried it and seen the results. I was skeptical at first, but not any more

Don't knock it till you've tried it :p

RH.."WHAT FACTS?"... you grow w/ your method.. I'll stick to the "tried and true"..
12/12 from seed occurs in "one" very small portion of the globe..."THAT" is a fact..
nowhere else on earth does or has mj, ever been 'genetically' seasoned to it from seed.
"THAT" is what has made, through "evolution", 'equatorial sat's' non-photo sensetive..

My method is "tried and true" Hick. The results speak for themselves. Check out the nomercy.nl forum and the 12/12 thread.

So, "in your opinion" if I put a seed in the ground in the middle of July or early August and it starts to flower immediatley, then this is unnatural ?

I've got about 20 seedlings, started under 12/12 a week ago. I will keep you updated.

Ekoostik_Hookah said:

wait a minute... THAT IS THE COOLEST MICRO PLANT I'VE EVER SEEN!1!!111!

I like the flowering from seed method and I have some monsters!!! Check my gj in my sig. I think you should try it Hick...you may be surprised;).

The longer the veg the bigger the yield, this is fact...Can a plant produce bud if it is grown from a seed under 12/12? Yes! But it will not compare to a plant that has been given time to mature before being flipped to 12/12.

I guess if one is growing unknown strains(bagweed) and/or has an unlimited source of seeds, this method would make sense...25 minime colas would be grown to produce the yield of 5 plants? Otherwise, if one is paying for expensive seeds it would not make much sense to create "minime-plants"

No, growing indoors is not natural...But one tries to create as close to natural as possible...The further one gets away from a plants natural enviro the yield and maybe even the quality will be negatively effected...Simply put a plant grown from seed that has vegged for 6-8 weeks will produce more bud than a plant grown from seed under 12/12 from start.

Latest posts

Back