will a smaller plant stunt the bigger ones?

• Thread starter northernlightssmokn
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

northernlightssmokn

If I put a smaller plant of the same strain in with the 5 bigger ones that are about twice the size of the smaller one, will it stunt the growth of the other 5? see picture...

I want to take one of the smaller ones you see and put it in a 5 gallon tonite and turn the lights next week, but I was told that the other 6 will some how cense the smaller one and it will hinder the growth of all of them. The 2 smaller ones in the pic were the same cutes as the larger ones, they just took longer to mature and root. Any sugestions??

mpassion1 001.jpg

mpassion1 006.jpg

mpassion1 005.jpg

mpassion1 004.jpg

Your answer is probably in how you treated each plant. There is no way 2 small plants are going to effect the other plants around them, that are all in dif pots... come on .... think a little about this

"come on .... think a little about this" you said.

LOL

I saw a video online that showed some stunted plants and one of the potential causes was several different breeds and sizes all in the same room... I thought about that.

I asked a friend who knows what he knows and he said that the entire crop in his opinion was only as good as the weekest smallest plant.
...I thought about that

I decided to ask a group on knowledgable people...I thought about that

I posted a message on here, hoping that someone else would.."think about it"

Sounds like plenty of thought went in to it by me and now you thought about it too....

LOL

Thanks for the feedback

in short No why and how would it stunt the other plants growth
so you get the pic leave the little guy in their she wont hurt a thing

well, if i based my whole crop on my weakest tallest plant i wouldn't ever have much of a harvest...keeping your plants healthy as possible is the only thing that's going to affect your final harvest weight.. and genetics...

If anything it will further stunt the small plant if it has to fight for the light.

WoW very nice plants, how old are they?What is the strain?

Bobber said:
WoW very nice plants, how old are they?What is the strain?

Strawberry cough....total age from cut is 7 weeks. theyve been under the halide for 4 weeks now.

The reason I posted the question was that it made no sence to me, but hey, the only stupid question is one not asked..right?!

Ez guys!

As growdude said the only reason it could affect the smaller one is because it won't recieve as much light i think. But your grow room looks large enough to avoid this problem IMO

Im building a smaller one in the spring that picture is my largest grow ever usualy its only 3 or 4. I didnt want to loose the strain so over cut.

If anything the larger ones may overgrow the smaller. I have plants at all different stages in a flowering room 8x3x7 with no ill side affects

northernlightssmokn said:
If I put a smaller plant of the same strain in with the 5 bigger ones that are about twice the size of the smaller one, will it stunt the growth of the other 5? ...but I was told that the other 6 will some how cense the smaller one and it will hinder the growth of all of them.

I find this post hilarious for some reason.:D The whole idea that a plant can 'sense' anything is side-splitting to me. Following that logic, every forest on the planet would be about 2' tall. (All the taller plants 'sensing' the shorter ones and what-not):D

All I know is that I'm 6'5"... , I've been "sensing" shorter people all my life...hasn't slowed my growth down a bit!:D

Nice plants by the way:)

Keep asking questions...Regardless what others think if your unsure ask. And those plants look good even the small ones.

Slappy said:
I find this post hilarious for some reason.:D The whole idea that a plant can 'sense' anything is side-splitting to me. Following that logic, every forest on the planet would be about 2' tall. (All the taller plants 'sensing' the shorter ones and what-not):D
All I know is that I'm 6'5"... , I've been "sensing" shorter people all my life...hasn't slowed my growth down a bit!:D
Nice plants by the way:)

GOOD CALL! I have big trees in my yard =)

Did you know that according to the laws of physics and gravity that it is impossible for a hummingbird to stop in mid flight and for a bumble to fly at all...Yet they do it and we have no clue how

Has nothing to do with the post kinda, but its a true fact that I saw on a show called myth busters....lol

Mythbusters woot woot. I also heard a myth that MJ kills brains cells, I would like to see mythbusters do a show on that.

schlendrake said:
Mythbusters woot woot. I also heard a myth that MJ kills brains cells, I would like to see mythbusters do a show on that.

HAHAHAHA...lol That would be great to see..If that were the first "experiment" on the show, what would the others be?...hhmmm..Munchie myths...how many licks to the center of a tootsie pop, Do pop rocks realy blow up your tongue?, The side affects of twinki binging......What would the southpark towel say?..lol

I'm baked

northernlightssmokn said:
Did you know that according to the laws of physics and gravity that it is impossible for a hummingbird to stop in mid flight and for a bumble to fly at all...Yet they do it and we have no clue how

Has nothing to do with the post kinda, but its a true fact that I saw on a show called myth busters....lol

I couldn't find any reference to the hummingbird myth, but here's an excerpt about the bumblebee myth:

Excerpt from:
Flight of the Bumblebee
Ivars Peterson

So, no one "proved" that a bumblebee can't fly. What was shown was that a certain simple mathematical model wasn't adequate or appropriate for describing the flight of a bumblebee.
Insect flight and wing movements can be quite complicated. Wings aren't rigid. They bend and twist. Stroke angles change. New, improved models take that into account.

Latest posts

Back