wiring help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaserKittensGoPewPew

2 string maestro
Reaction score
Alright, well I'm building my own reflective hood that will house two 105w cfls side by side. I wanted to make sure I was doing the wiring correctly. I have the plug wire, two white wires, and two black wires. Now, do I need a risistor in there at all so that both the bulbs draw a full 105 watts? I was going to set up each socket with one white and one black wire. Then take the white wires from the two sockets and tie them off to one end of the plug cable and take the black wires and tie them off to the other end of the plug cable. Am I doing this correctly? I want to make sure each bulb is drawing it's full charge and that they're not sharing the charge between the two.

If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thank's.

edit: Also...I'm not sure which cfls to buy. I'm stuck between buying bulbs with color temps of 5000k or 6500k. Which should I go with?

wire them parallel. no resistor. they will both receive equal voltage. gimlet.

gimlet said:
wire them parallel. no resistor. they will both receive equal voltage. gimlet.
100% correct. wire them in parallel and they will recieve the same amperage and voltage ;)

Latest posts

Back