Withdrawal is real

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its a common misconception that smoking weed doesnt bring along other negative things. i have been on and off smoking weed for the last 3 years but when I am on i definatley notice a difference in my behavior. i become a straight up crack head for weed sometimes. sometimes if i start smokin early in the day i end up smoking 5-6 times throughout the day to try to remain high but i just get tired. i dont get a tenth of high as I used to and whenever I am around my friends they are continuously smoking so we are all passed out in about an hour. thats not fun to me.. when i am not high i am usually hte life of hte party and when i get high i talk for hte first 15 minutes then sometimes im usually silent for the next few hours. i get head aches if i dont smoke and if i can wait to smoke only once at the end of the day its the best high in the world. i find it hard for myself to use in perfect moderation and my memory is horrible. when people ask me what i did over the weekend i dont even remember half the time. weed is such a part of my life it is hard to imagine life without smoking just because rolling my joints and blunts and caressing my weed is part of my daily routine. part of the reason why i have bad side affects from smoking is because i dont use it in the right moderation. it is just very difficult for me to do so because i have an obsessive personality and addiction runs heavily in my genes. i have been obsessed with weed for hte last few years and to be honest.. i konw it has done more harm than good. i have spent thousands of dollers on weed its just that when you get high you are gonna come down and feel bad too.. its not relaxing. i dont enjoy feelin like shiz a half hour after i smoke but thats what happens. as much as i say i love weed im sayin it because im obsessed with it and dependant on it. for a long time i was convinced that smoking weed made everything better but that wasnt that case. with that mentality i didnt feel like doing anything if it wasnt smokin weed. i needed to smoke weed at lunch and before school some times but that just made the day a lot longer. smoking weed is a reward and should be treated as one. i konw i need to start using in better moderation

Yeah it's really good that you realize this.
I started smoking when I was 7 & at age 13 I got caught @ school.
I got a long term suspension & I decided to quit.
That day 2 of my mates & me all faced a blunt. That was my last blunt for a long time.
Luckily for me I never had any type of withdraw. I still had cravings for it but I resisted them. I went 2 years without one hit. I still went to party's & drank & such but even when I was drunk I didn't smoke.
Half way threw last school year I started smoking again. I told myself that if my grades started dropping that I would quit. My grades didn't drop a few classes they actually went up. (not cause I was smoking they just did)
I currently smoke weed about every other day. When I smoke it makes me happier. I don't get lazy & just sit around the house, I continue with my day.
I'm 16 now & I have a job & I'm the best @ it where I work & half the time I'm blazed while working. :)
Much Love,
Casey.

Hey caseyeffintaylor- hate to be a downer here and I appreciate you sharing your experience. But this group has an age requirement and you must be 18. Take a peek at the rules in my signature. We'll welcome you back when you're old enough. :) I don't make the rules, I just help enforce them.

The medical term for marijuama withdrawl is sandis vaginitus

ok heres what that means or what wikipedia says... call be a dumby but i didn't know what it meant.

Sandis Vaginitis. Latin for sandy vagina. Applies to all persons, things, places, events, or actions that are of a nature lacking in testosterone like fortitude. Lacking in such others areas as cajones, balls. Also related to whining, complaining, pussying, constantly getting hurt, crying, malingering, "wussing out" advocating such rules and regulations that may defend such conduct, having NO balls, lacking in all things manly/testosterone. See also, mangina. Inverse of Ron Burgandy.

whoa, you 52 year old, i bet u like to drink 7a7 here u go, hmm i believe beers kills, cracks kills, heroins too marijuana dont kill alright theres horiz. line of addictions think about it, usa let posion ivy grow, and dont let us grow good plants these pots is good meds for women who like to puke and keep them thin, so if they smoked it, they real want foods afterward! am I wrong? you smoke cigs, cigars, beers other than pots, withdraw is parts of these drugs not just pot i hope i clear these problem for 52 year old guy pls help me out here

What the **** are you on dude? I'm guessing english isn't your first language so I will give you a break there. On the other hand none of your posts make any sense all you do is ramble. If english is your first language and you were educated in any part of the north american education system than god help us all.

And anyone that says they have an addiction to weed and its ruining their life needs to go sit in an an AA or Cocaine Anonymous or any other physically addictive opitate drug. Cigarettes cause more physical withdrawal symptoms. Weed isn't an addiction, and you don't know what addiction is until you've come to play at the bottom with the rest of us. The fact that you can stop and start tells me that you aren't addicted. Addicts can't stop being addicted. I'm still addicted to certain substances and I know if I ever slip, even once I will head back down the rabbit hole. Sometimes when I hold a pen in my mouth if I'm thinking or reading a puzzle, my body will shake with the anticipation of a meth hit. Addiction is begging your mom for money so that you can eat but in reality all you want is to buy more of your drug. I was so far gone I started to hate my parents because they wouldn't help me get more drugs, when in reality they were helping me by cutting me off and letting me hit the bottom. That was the only time I could finally realize what I was doing to myself. I feel sorry for anyone who is truly addicted to a substance but the fact that you get a little irritated or get a headache sometimes dosen't describe addiction. Going through withdrawals so bad you want to tear the skin from your body, thats physical withdrawal.

thats why you don't try meth or heroin of course its addictive because its like no other feeling in the world.....weed is nothing like these other hard drugs same elements different results....Dont ever do anything you don't want to be stuck with thats my theory.

It is all in your head...

Cannabis plant do not cause addiction, after smoking daily for a long time, I quit like "Ok, no more smoking." then I did not smoke...

You may get mental addiction yet anything can cause mental addiction. If you are concerned about mental addiction, then I highly recommend you to burn your television and computer down!

I know some people who says "I can not function without weeed." and when I showed them the scientific truth as well as tell them my own story their attitude changes to "I know, it is all in my head but I still can not function." that is what we call weak willpower...

In order to sum it up, it is all in your head, what you believe becomes the truth.

Wrong smokey joe its addictive not because of the feeling but because of what it does to your brain. It is an actual physical addiction and you get physically sick when you don't get the drug. Marijuana has no known physically addicting chemicals.

boy tater do i hear ya.. i've been there. spent more than my share of time in detox centers. i do get ill when i don't smoke but im always ill when i don't smoke so its not new. to me thats not addiction. when you've been thru a real detox from something. headaches and mood swings are nice. jmo

Yeah addiction is an ugly beast.

I thought I might chime in. I used to believe that I was addicted to Marijuana. I have since come to a different conclusion, because yes I am an Adict, but it happens to be tobacco that I'm addicted to.

Over my years here on the planet, I've found that it's possible to get addicted to anything. Take Chocolate, sugar (a big one for america), speeding, the internet, SEX (another big one america). Anything that provides a "service" to the cerebral complex has the potential to "hook" a person on it.

I recently was "stopped" from smoking pot by Johnny Law, who things their own things. I attended their class, heard all about how bad it is, yadda yadda. My withdrawl from daily use consisted of:

Light appetite problem
Feeling of loss and sadness at night
Problems falling asleep

I lost a girlfriend whom I loved dearly. We were very sexually active. After we broke up, I had similar if not IDENTICAL withdrawl. My body had to adjust to her not being there.

Really, pot is not addictive. We just are becoming used to having it around and our body responds when it is not by telling us to get it again.

Latest posts

Back