Woman asks deputy to 'pet' confiscated marijuana plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
The Putnam grand jury will soon be hearing about a couple who allegedly planted marijuana in their back yard, law officers say. They will hear how one of the suspects asked to "pet" the marijuana plants before they were taken away because she had "grown them from the seeds." The case began when Sheriff's Detective Mike Hoover was recently informed that marijuana was being grown in the back yard of a Joe Rawlins Road residence, right out in plain sight.

On Aug. 29, the detective and Deputy Larry Bennett, along with Chief Detective Doug Burgess, went to the location and found no one at home. "I saw the plants by the back yard fence facing the road," says a report by Bennett. "I had a camera and started taking pictures. Hoover made contact with the resident at his work in Algood and the subject was then brought to his home by Deputy Cpl. Jerry Dale Abston." The officers found one large plant growing in a pot in the yard and one large plant in a pot on the back porch, Hoover said. The man's girlfriend arrived home, and Hoover informed her of why he and the other officers were there, Bennett's report says.

The two were advised of their rights, and they gave statements and also allegedly gave the officers consent to search the house and outbuildings, the report says. "Most all of the marijuana found was led to by the residents, and they fully cooperated with the detectives in the search," the deputy said. In addition to the two large plants outside, the officers also allege that they found "several other" marijuana plants in various stages of drying inside the house, the detective said. He said the woman expressed affection for the plants, telling the officers she had watched them grow from seeds.

The plants and other items were confiscated, and all evidence in the case will be presented to the grand jury, Hoover said. Cultivating marijuana is a felony, he said.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/mz8veu

Breaking balls for two plants..?A working man has two plants,for personal use.Now he is no longer a working man,but a felon who will now have difficulty being employed elsewhere. Way to go detectives,what a score. I know officers in my area that would have given a warning,just to keep them out of sight,without removal.
Stay cool

Yea but its for the greater good. I am glad these criminals were caught, I can sleep soundly at night now. Gimme a break

this is just sad that the government can tell us what and what not to grow. we have stepped beyond the boundaries of government when the government is trying to actually, seriously, regulate mother earth. they are trying to wipe out a whole genus of the tree of life that has preexisted humans and has survived natural selection. to try and criminalize evolution is just downright disgusting.

My plant just made it into jars... you guys think it's weird to pet my jars?

Latest posts

Back