working for a living

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wally150 said:
but seriously, im a robot who cleans up the earth after the humans leave it because it got over run by trash.

Won't they at least toss ya' a margarita? (and one of those little pine tree air fresheners);)

cubby said:
I'm a coach, I'm presently starting Americas first sycronized- freestyle- cross country- ballroom dancing ( in flip-flops)team.
(OH I forgot......no sports)

If you're gonna play Jimmy Buffet music, you may as well hand me the trophy :D

No Jimmy Buffet, Willie Nelson maybe a little Rolling Stones (It's cross country, on the road again, sympathy for the devil)
Oh, and the stainless steel rusts because rust is'nt a stain, it's a corrosion. Now who's wearing the tin foil hat?......LOL JK
Art you're a mench....

cubby said:
No Jimmy Buffet, Willie Nelson maybe a little Rolling Stones (It's cross country, on the road again, sympathy for the devil)
Oh, and the stainless steel rusts because rust is'nt a stain, it's a corrosion. Now who's wearing the tin foil hat?......LOL JK
Art you're a mench....

Well, then... I'll just have to win best flip flops :D

It was advertised as rust proof :hubba:

A mench :hubba:. I've been called worse that that :). I think :confused:

ArtVandolay said:
:) Maybe you can tell me why the stainless steel on my boat rusts :confused::D

As I understand it, there are at least two types of stainless steel -- Ferritic and Austentitic. Ferritic will rust in the right environment, especially if water is present.

Nothing is made like it use to be anymore it seems. All about money and greed at the sacrifice of quality.

I grow 3 acres of assorted vegetables using organic methods and sell them to the rich inner city green crowd. I also do tractor work (brush hog, plowing, dirt grading, disking, row hipping, etc etc) on a pretty regular basis. I also keep busy doing small engine and tractor repairs in my shop.

So, I work on my schedule and I work as light or as hard as I want to when I want to. Owning your own properties outright helps.

Right now I am watching South Park. They are in the dolphin pool.

cubby said:
Won't they at least toss ya' a margarita? (and one of those little pine tree air fresheners);)

no and it smells like straight turds.

frogman71 said:
Is your best friend a roach?

it was a joint, until i smoked it ;) :D

What do you do for a living?

Interesting timing. I had my annual review last week and that's what my boss ask me. No really!

They put me on a special project in August but I am still being charged to the same cost center. So while my old boss is still my boss, she has no idea what I am doing. All she knows is that I am doing a great job but I lack respect for hierarchy.

I actually got a great review. It's amazing how much one can accomplish without that whole hierarchy thing.

I sell books and watch over my girls in grow.

PencilHead said:
Here's a related question: Does your username or avatar relate to your day-jobishness?

My screen name did come from a job/hobby I had for years. I still keep a couple aquariums now.

Hamster Lewis said:
When I am not out driving my big brown truck in my brown uniform delivering goodies to all that order them... I model Flip Flops on the cat walk in NY, France and Italy...it's not easy work but someone has to do it.

Your like Santa clause to me HL, I love it when the big brown pulls in.

Its more what I did then what I do. Auto mechanic 20 years (Porsche & VW), Auto instructor at a JC 18 years.

Today, my horses and garden.:hubba:

I have a mechanical engineering degree that is pretty much just art work on the wall. I restore classic cars, build rat rods, and design and build custom motorcycles. oh yeah and grow medicine.

jackson1 said:
As I understand it, there are at least two types of stainless steel -- Ferritic and Austentitic. Ferritic will rust in the right environment, especially if water is present.

Nothing is made like it use to be anymore it seems. All about money and greed at the sacrifice of quality.

Easy way to tell if it is ferric or austentitic is to put a magnet to it. if it is magnetic it is ferric and can rust. Your non-magnetic stainless (300 series) are austentitic. The 400 series are ferric. The 400 series is used mostly on silverware and knives, and apparently your boat, cause it is much cheaper.

Latest posts

Back