Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Would you still grow?

D

Deathsmile

Guest
So i was wondering about this the other day. I know most people here grow for a variety of reasons outside of it just being a fun hobby. Ive seen people grow to save money, stay off the streets, and to supply themselves and family members. All are great reasons to grow your own, but i have a simple question.

How far would you go before you stopped growing and started buying?

Lets start with this, if the flowering period was not 2months, but 4months, would you still grow? There wouldnt be anymore yield, the laws are all the same for those in legal states, but if the plant took 4months to finally get the Tricomes where you want them, would you still grow? Would you buy? Would you expand your operation?

What about 6months? 8months? 10 months!!!


Then what if it took months for your bud to fully cure after harvest? What if the few weeks to a month turned into 2months to be smokable, 3months, 4months?


What extent do you think you could go to before you start changing what youre doing now?


I know personally if it took 4months to flower and not 2, id at least double the amount of ladies im handling on a current basis.


Thought this could get a good little thread going :icon_smile:
 

4u2sm0ke

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
17,336
Reaction score
13,503
Simple answer....YES...Ive grown flowering plants that finished in 9weeks and am running some now that may take 18 weeks...to meits the Passion not the time spent

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:
 

sfttailpaul

Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
I would still grow because I like that I have control over what goes into the plant that I am going to consume. Indeed it is a fun "hobby", one that is beneficial to us in many ways including the financial gains. I now HAVE to grow because it is all there is that I can do to support myself. Being mostly disabled, I had to find alternative income sources. This fit the bill perfectly! I can always have a high quality stash; always have the freshest herb I can; make some money; control the chemicals the plant will be subjected to and so on. So you see? It makes a lot of sense to grow, There will always be a market for it. Even when the big boys get involved with cultivation, there will still also be a market for the level of herb that only someone who has a passion for it, can grow. The big boys will always view it as a simple commodity; a means to an end and that is profit! I want to make money but I also want to provide a service to some people that need this help. Not everyone can grow. Some have a curse and cannot sustain even the simplest of plants. Many do not have the discipline that it takes, to grow, especially indoors! Grow and share. We should all look out for each other. Sharing our experiences, strengths and hopes not only units us in a common cause but also saves many some mistakes and allows acceleration in the learning curve by our collective results.
 

astrobud

bhc# vhc# 5150
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,076
i cant afford to buy this kind of grass on the streets where i live so ill have to keep growin.
 

umbra

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2007
Messages
12,298
Reaction score
14,082
4u said it all. Yes I would still grow. I have grown black columbian that had a flowering time of 26 weeks. It is a bit long, but if thats all there was to grow, I wouldn't think twice.
 

Grower13

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
3,832
Reaction score
137
Simple answer....YES...Ive grown flowering plants that finished in 9weeks and am running some now that may take 18 weeks...to meits the Passion not the time spent
18 weeks :icon_smile: that should be some nice sativa bud.


i cant afford to buy this kind of grass on the streets where i live so ill have to keep growin.
Can't afford it and you can't find it where I live....... I hate seeds in my bud........ if it took longer to grow it would just cost more...... I grow better weed than anything I've seen where I'm at ever...... no way I'd give that up.:watchplant:
 
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
19,438
Reaction score
8,292
Whatever the growing requirements for marijuana, it would be the same for all and the price would reflect that.

I am quite sure that I will grow for the rest of my life. It isn't just the money I save (although that is a huge part of it), it is the availability and quality of what is out there that is also a big factor.
 

Hamster Lewis

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
16,529
Reaction score
3,731
4u2sm0ke said:
here they are in week 12:D


take care and be safe

Sativas hve a look only a mother cld love.....:D Shld be some potent smoke 4u....but she won't win any beauty pageants.:p lol
 

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
23,149
Reaction score
6,226
Hey that is beautiful compared to the one I grew...Fumar con dios. Now that was ugly.

I would grow no matter how long it took. I am hooked.
 
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
19,438
Reaction score
8,292
I grew a Durban Poison cross a few years ago that took forever to finish. Those tall lanky sativas are homely girls, aren't they?
 

Hamster Lewis

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
16,529
Reaction score
3,731
The Hemp Goddess said:
I grew a Durban Poison cross a few years ago that took forever to finish. Those tall lanky sativas are homely girls, aren't they?

Lol...yeah that's one way to put it....:D
 
E

engneer

Guest
4u2sm0ke said:
here they are in week 12:D


take care and be safe
wow...12 weeks old? They don't like like they have any trichs yet. How did they end up finishing?

I've got a plant 7 weeks old that appears otherwise healthy, but has not starting frosting up at all.
 

oregonduck76

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
146
Reaction score
3
Deathsmile said:
So i was wondering about this the other day. I know most people here grow for a variety of reasons outside of it just being a fun hobby. Ive seen people grow to save money, stay off the streets, and to supply themselves and family members. All are great reasons to grow your own, but i have a simple question.

How far would you go before you stopped growing and started buying?

Lets start with this, if the flowering period was not 2months, but 4months, would you still grow? There wouldnt be anymore yield, the laws are all the same for those in legal states, but if the plant took 4months to finally get the Tricomes where you want them, would you still grow? Would you buy? Would you expand your operation?

What about 6months? 8months? 10 months!!!


Then what if it took months for your bud to fully cure after harvest? What if the few weeks to a month turned into 2months to be smokable, 3months, 4months?


What extent do you think you could go to before you start changing what youre doing now?


I know personally if it took 4months to flower and not 2, id at least double the amount of ladies im handling on a current basis.


Thought this could get a good little thread going :icon_smile:
would have to analyze cost to reward then. doesnt seem like it would be worth it
 

Latest posts

Top