Wth happpened here. Seeds or no??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's so bad about a seeded harvest? Sometimes those bastards are hard to spot! (Now I get a chill down my spine when I see a male) or you get a hermie, you see the hairs but miss the balls. **** happens, you make the best of it, I still have these NL seeds left from a disastrous crop. The only bummer is that folks get tired of the same strain. I hear they're healthy too, maybe I'll try them in a smoothie.

View attachment 100_0848.JPG

Sopappy, if you do not want another seeded crop, I'd toss those in the trash....just saying that hermies beget hermies.

Sopappy, if you do not want another seeded crop, I'd toss those in the trash....just saying that hermies beget hermies.

I am stunned! Toss them in the trash? Nope, they go in to a smoothie before I ever do that, my gawd woman, that is one special plant, how dare you? :)
Seriously, I think I did 4, maybe 5 harvests of this same old, same old with those very seeds, maybe a dozen at a time , so-so yields, lucky if I got an oz per plant, but it was consistently good product but yes, I had hermies but I also caught them and.... if in doubt..... OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!
On the other hand, I've dropped a small fortune on seed that has let me down, I bet I'd have had better luck with the seeds in that picture!

It only took me 1 entirely seeded crop before I decided that no more bagseed. It is just too big a risk to take. I lost approx. 75% of my crop to seeds and the bud is not as good. And all for trying to save $50 or so.....And I believe that the proliferation of hermies is because people use hermy seeds rather than putting them in the trash or in smoothies.....

Hey Johnny, these folks are trying to help you. You have had stellar growers helping you.

If you have a light leak all bets are off. You don't know if it is enough to make a plant reveg. Only the plant knows that.

It takes about 4 weeks to make hard seeds, they are not viable yet though.

It only took me 1 entirely seeded crop before I decided that no more bagseed. It is just too big a risk to take. I lost approx. 75% of my crop to seeds and the bud is not as good. And all for trying to save $50 or so.....And I believe that the proliferation of hermies is because people use hermy seeds rather than putting them in the trash or in smoothies.....

It's not the money, THG, it's the seeds: Feminized seeds suck. (my opinion) Everytime I get fem seeds I'm always disappointed in the tiny, weak, frail things that try and break through the soil. I dropped 5 Barney's farm last weekend, sealed blister pack FEM. Two of them are up and PUNY and LAZY, just sit there, I guess they're growing. That 3rd one has been like that since she came up 3 days ago and she can't even lift her head up. The last two are still languishing in the plugs. Pathetic, I'd rather pull males, at least they grow. I have one more pack of these left and then it's back to regular seeds.

View attachment one.JPG

View attachment two.JPG

View attachment three.JPG

Why you buying fiminised seeds then,,just buy some good ole regular dank genetics beans. I bet they will be 10x better then the bagseed,,which buy the way allot of us has grown,,,AND WONT DO IT NO MORE. LOL
Bagseed begets more Bagseed,,for a reason..

I don't like fem seeds either and will avoid them if at all possible. But not because I have less luck with them or they grow differently. In fact I have some seeds now that only came in fem that are outgrowing about everything else. I simply do not like the processes they use to force female seeds and sometimes they do not fem and sometimes they hermy.

One thing I do believe that may be affecting growth is that you are putting them into the hydro way too soon. Let them get some real good root development out of the rapid rooters before you put them into the hydro unit. I never ever move mine until they have roots shooting out of the cubes everywhere and at least 2-3 leaf sets. Give them a nice start before transplaning to a large container. This goes for all plants--hydro and soil.

good stuff snipped
One thing I do believe that may be affecting growth is that you are putting them into the hydro way too soon. Let them get some real good root development out of the rapid rooters before you put them into the hydro unit. I never ever move mine until they have roots shooting out of the cubes everywhere and at least 2-3 leaf sets. Give them a nice start before transplaning to a large container. This goes for all plants--hydro and soil.

What do I do with the plugs in the meantime? Now...as soon as I see the cotyledons, I want them under the LED so I scoop out some pellets, drop in the plug and hand water twice a day by moistening the pellets around the cube.
If I leave those two plugs sitting like that, when the roots start to show... I can't wait for more roots on account of they will not like the light at all...no? This growing is WROUGHT with contradictions. Drives me batty :) And my apologies for the hijack.

View attachment 100_0859.JPG

Feminized seeds suck. (my opinion)

Haven't finished reading, but I want you to know.. I laughed exceedingly on this comment.

e.x.c.e.e.d.i.n.g.l.y..

EGG SEED ING LY!!

:rofl:

..ok, back to reading...

I dropped 5 Barney's farm last weekend, sealed blister pack FEM. Two of them are up and PUNY and LAZY, just sit there,

...I loathe Barney's Farm, and if you do research you'll see they are NOT what they used to be. So, yeah.. sh!tty sh!tty bang bang for that one. I had 2 of 5 pop for me the first time I used Barney's.. and then 2 of 5 the SECOND time I used Barney's. Screw them... at least in my opinion :D

I've found loads of very reputable fem breeders... hit me up next time you want a list ;)

....ok, back to reading ...

One thing I do believe that may be affecting growth is that you are putting them into the hydro way too soon.

^^ This!

...ok, back to reading...

Why you buying fiminised seeds then,,just buy some good ole regular dank genetics beans. I bet they will be 10x better then the bagseed,,which buy the way allot of us has grown,,,AND WONT DO IT NO MORE. LOL
Bagseed begets more Bagseed,,for a reason..

I didn't. I ordered regular seeds from Iron Seeds in Toronto and it was TWO MONTHS before I got them. Dude was apologetic and gave me all feminized (thanks for nothing) and about two dozen extra seeds, again, all fem'd.
You still have to check for balls... I had two of ten that went male on me (but they were abused, didn't surprise me)
Bagseed has it's place. It's practice for us slow learners. :)
What do you mean by 'dank genetics beans' and where do I get them? Canadian source?

...I loathe Barney's Farm, and if you do research you'll see they are NOT what they used to be. So, yeah.. sh!tty sh!tty bang bang for that one. I had 2 of 5 pop for me the first time I used Barney's.. and then 2 of 5 the SECOND time I used Barney's. Screw them... at least in my opinion :D

I've found loads of very reputable fem breeders... hit me up next time you want a list ;)

....ok, back to reading ...

Well, I'm down to my last 5 Barney's but I don't want FEMINIZED anymore, I like the challenge. I want those dank things :)
In fact, I'm trying to catch somebody in here buying regular seeds in Canada and I'm just going to duplicate the order and compare. I just can't accept that I suck this badly at growing a weed. :-(

^^ This!

...ok, back to reading...

I know, I know.... only Kraven gets away with that. He inspired me. When I arrived here, he was trying hydro for the first time! I looked at that tiny little shoot in all that hydroton and guffawed. I thought the guy was out to lunch.
Then I see picture after picture of this monster growing and then this huge effing pristine white rootball and an incredible (by my standards) yield.

I just can't accept that I suck this badly at growing a weed. :-(

You don't suck, your genetics and some of your processes do..lol

Honestly, fem or reg.. get them from a reputable breeder and a reputable seed bank. Allow one of us to help you.. suck it up, you know? :D :aok:

I didn't. I ordered regular seeds from Iron Seeds in Toronto and it was TWO MONTHS before I got them. Dude was apologetic and gave me all feminized (thanks for nothing) and about two dozen extra seeds, again, all fem'd.
You still have to check for balls... I had two of ten that went male on me (but they were abused, didn't surprise me)
Bagseed has it's place. It's practice for us slow learners. :)
What do you mean by 'dank genetics beans' and where do I get them? Canadian source?

Dank Genetics ,,,just means Good beans from a reputable Seed Bank.
I have not ordered from them so i cannot advise you on one,,,but several here have ordered and can lead you in the right direction.

So its Kravin and Docs fault,,,,:rofl: yes it is,,i agree, lol

I know, I know.... only Kraven gets away with that. He inspired me. When I arrived here, he was trying hydro for the first time! I looked at that tiny little shoot in all that hydroton and guffawed. I thought the guy was out to lunch.
Then I see picture after picture of this monster growing and then this huge effing pristine white rootball and an incredible (by my standards) yield.

lol seriously... Kraven def got away with it! I wouldn't put them in that early, but he knocked it out of the park with one. :D

Dank Genetics ,,,just means Good beans from a reputable Seed Bank.
I have not ordered from them so i cannot advise you on one,,,but several here have ordered and can lead you in the right direction.

Yeah, there's plenty of places... let us know :aok:

You and Kraven are supposed to be keeping an eye on my processes :)

So its Kravin and Docs fault,,,,:rofl: yes it is,,i agree, lol

Hah, indeed.. sorry about that. Barely been able to track my own processes... life has been exceptionally fickle lately.

Latest posts

Back