WTS: 4x 600w HPS setups. Hoods/Bulbs/Ballasts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Green Fang

You don't see me . . .
Reaction score
Basically, I've fully converted my rooms to LED's and I think I'm confident enough with them to sell my HPS setups. These setups are less than 2 years old and have plenty of use left in them! Also, everything is a decent brand.. no cheap-o stuff. It may sell for cheaper right now than it did when I got it, but this was considered really good stuff when I got it.

4x Sun Systems Yield Master II Classic 6" hoods.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sun-System-Reflectors-904425-Reflector/dp/B001O1V634[/ame]

2x Galaxy 400-600w dimmable digital ballasts. (super quiet, super cool!)
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Grow-Amp-400-600-Select-/dp/B00AYEQSTO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1428689504&sr=8-4&keywords=Galaxy+600+watt[/ame]

1x Lumatek LK600 400-600w dimmable ballast.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Lumatek-LK600-E-Ballast-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B003VSDWSA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1428689684&sr=8-3&keywords=Lumatek+600+watt[/ame]

1x Quantum 400-600w dimmable digital ballast.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Watt-Dimmable-Electronic-Ballast/dp/B002T0H24G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428689659&sr=8-1&keywords=quantum+600+watt[/ame]

Various (5-6?) HPS bulbs. Some with very little use on them, and 1 brand new one. Not cheapest bulbs, but more like "mid range" $40 bulbs. Ultra Sun is than brand of most of them.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Sun-901526-Ultra-Sun-HPS/dp/B004HNHIEC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428693719&sr=8-1&keywords=Ultra+Sun+600+watt[/ame]

Two Ultra Sun 400w MH Bulbs. 1 with extremely minimal use 1 with moderate use.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/MS400-7200-400W-7500K-901534/dp/B00AE11H7K/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1428693739&sr=8-12&keywords=Ultra+Sun+400+watt+mh[/ame] (The small one in the picture)

I'd like to keep it all even and together if that makes sense. No, not 4 fixtures all at once (though that'd be preferable hah) but what I mean by this is each fixture would be sold as a "complete set"; Hood, Ballast, 1 HPS bulb.

Willing to negotiate, but certainly don't really want to "give" this stuff away. It would be nice to recoup a few extra dollars along the way, and help someone out looking for this specific kit.

PM or write in here. I have some general outlined ideas for prices on stuff, based on a) What's on Amazon...and b) What I paid (this factors in less obviously do to depreciation)

Let's get this started! C-mon, you know you want all 4 of these wonderful items for that space you've been thinking about! :tu:

attachment.php

View attachment LargeharvestWide (18 of 19).jpg
View attachment LargeharvestWide (19 of 19).jpg

well Doc, before your threads about your new LEDs I might have wanted them :D

well Doc, before your threads about your new LEDs I might have wanted them :D

Yep.. I do not blame anyone for going or considering quality LED's as their next purchase. But I know plenty of people will use this kit for a bit. Hopefully I find some of them. This stuff is just packed up, taking up space in the room. Good, quality items.. I'd love to see them get some use! :D

Thanks for stopping in Zem :aok:

Anyone taken a look yet? C-mon, you know you're thinking about it! :D

Doc i have been thinking of moving up to 600w, and use my 400w to veg with in a separate area, I'm just not ready to buy, finances and all. What would you be asking for a complete hood, bulb and ballast set? Plus the shipping is going to be close to 150 due to weight that's why Rose did not send me her 600w gear?

$150? wow! Didn't think it would be THAT much. Do you want to PM me a zip code and I'll give you a pretty good estimate? I think we're closer.. or at least the same coast, compared. Let's figure out what your shipping is. I was looking on eBay for some of the prices of things...and basically what you can do is darn near cut the cost of a new product in half and there's your used price. If you got a single setup, I would suggest the Lumatek Setup :) I'd like to keep the two Galaxy setups together, because... they are brother and sister. Oh my that's weird, yeah I don't care. LOL!!!!! :D

Doc i have been thinking of moving up to 600w, and use my 400w to veg with in a separate area, I'm just not ready to buy, finances and all. What would you be asking for a complete hood, bulb and ballast set? Plus the shipping is going to be close to 150 due to weight that's why Rose did not send me her 600w gear?

I do not see how shipping could possibly have been that much--you can get a 400W setup sent to you for around $150 including shipping. Used a 400W as everything should be about the same size and weight. I order tons of things online and sometimes they are big things. You might want to recheck.

THG thats what Rose told me when she was checking it to see what it would cost to send it to me, I never looked it up myself, I trusted what she told me.

I need a zip code to have any type of idea. PM me or something :aok:

Just have to have dimensions and weight of items. That's easy, it's in the spec's of all the links up there. I'll add em up, and check UPS for a quote.

:)

Each setup, with packaging included I'm thinking, is going to be around 30 lbs in the end, and dimensions roughly 30" x 30" x 15"

To ***** from my area is roughly: $87.68

not too bad. wonder where she got the 150 at. I'll have to go back and look at the post. Well at least you have a clue what shipping will run :)

Check and see if the ballasts will fit in a USPS Large Flat Rate box. It is 23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3" or 12" x 12" x 5-1/2" . Under $15 anywhere in the USA.

The hoods should ship for about $20 to $30. I ship drums in large packages all the time and it's not that expensive. Keep it under 108 united inches. Or, check FedEx. They are often cheaper on large packages.

Also, if you are going to do any real quantity of shipping, Open accounts at FedEx and USPS. I get discounts of 30% to 50% off the retail price all the time.

Another option is Regional Rate Boxes from USPS. It's like a Flat Rate box only it is priced based on zip code.

Nice, thanks Hackerman. Also, I'll be shipping ballasts with the hoods, as I'm not breaking those up, and factored that into my shipping packaging. If I did them separate I think it'd come out to around the same.. I could do that too I imagine. It's all weight and size (as I'm sure you well know)

:aok: Appreciate your words Hackerman

And yeah, thanks Kraven! :)

Actually, flat rate packages have nothing to do with weight, any weight if it fits in the package.

From Washington to Florida with UPS was 150 bucks... Mr RB, the machinist measured the box (es) and that is what it is.

Teleportation?

Mr RB, can you create a teleporter on your end, then I'll create one on my end? I think then, we can interweave the fabric of time and bend it to our whim and then create a central vortex of mass teleportationism.

Wait... where were we?

:rofl: Oh I'm full of sillyness this morning!

Latest posts

Back