YAY!!!! First Mason Jar Filled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420NewbieRoyce

Reaction score
Well this is my first harvest, it's an unk clone, have some more that is still drying but with what I had dried filled this one mason jar. Now a month of it sitting in its own stank!

IMGP1330.JPG

That's the best part other than smoking it
Looking n smelling in dem jars. Mmm mmmm mm

LH.

:yay:

Burp that Baby and Love on the next grow...Well Done my friend...Nice Nugs

:bong:

congrats :woohoo:

Thanks folks, burping it everyday! Cant wait for the month to end to taste these nuggets.

How long did you let it dry? Weren't you just trimming? Most bud needs to hang for 5-7 days or more. Make absolutely sure that it is dry enough before you jar it. It would be heartbreaking to have it mold now.

I highly recommend a quality Hygrometer in at least 1 or 2 of your jars (if you have multiple)

If the RH gets above 70%, take it back out and either paper bag / screen for a few hours, then back in the jars.

I used Hicks "cure by numbers" bit, and the best thing I learned out of that was RH ranges and buying a quality Hygrometer (not those cheap-o's that can float 5% and higher RH difference)

Especially want a hygrometer if you've not waited long enough. Your buds should have a crisp type of sound when you squeeze them.. also when you squeeze them, they should "bounce back" like a piece of memory foam. Also, when you try to snap the stem you start to hear / feel the potential of snapping, without actually clear off snapping. That will be too long of a dry, and you don't take advantage of the entire cure window, which is 70% - 55%. After you drop below 55%, the cure is over... if you get even 1% higher than 70% you really risk mold issues.

Here's a pic of a jar that was 1/2 full, and I put a Hygrometer in. I use the Caliber IV meter, as it's pretty much the best you can get. I got mine for $18 each, and I bought 4 of them.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=206655&d=1374284769

Well they seemed to be nice and dry before I put them in the jar. They hung for about 4 days then cut off the branches and was in a paper back for 3. Been opening the jar everyday. For a couple of hours (is that to long). They seem to be doing great.

Latest posts

Back