Yellowing, and NO SEX (pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Hey!

I have 9 plants growing outdoors, they've been outside since around end of april, and went really nicely. They started yellowing about a month ago, and have gotten worse over the pas few weeks. I have pics to show. Also, last year, my plants started flowering the 21st of june EXACTLY, but for some reason, this year, i can't seem to sex them at all...

We're now the 1st of July, and no signs of sex whatsoever...:confused:

Can anyone help me??

I can't post pics because i don't have 15 posts and more.... so if anyone wants to see my plants, email me, and i'll send you the links.

Thanks!

I've had plants not show until August before I wouldn't worry about that, I'd focus on your yellowing problem! Give alittle more info on your feeding schedule and soil Ph and any other variables!

Phatpharmer

you dont need to do 15 posts or more to pics ,,,:confused: if your uploading them on here ,,i joined and posted pics staright away :confused2:

anyway yellowing culd be a sign of them needing feeding :D ,,or occasionally overwatering ,,,but like phatfarmer says more info needed :peace:

well, so far all i feed my plants is superthrive. My pH is around 7.2, i'm using a simple pool tester, i let it soak in the dirt for a few seconds. My alkalinity is approximately 40. Temperature is relatively low, seeing as how it's been a cool summer so far. Around 75-80 during the day, and 60-70 at night. But i never had a problem like this last year. I also have another LITTLE problem, my leaves are getting eaten by affids... i sprayed them, and they seem to have gone away.

Any ideas?

I don't think thats the best way to test your soil but to he his own, you can buy soil test kits cheap from most garden centers! If your soil is 7.2 thats way to high the optimal range is 6.2 to 6.8, that could be your problem! Try to get some pics uploaded!

Phatpharmer

For some reason, i can't post my pics. I'm sorry... it's been a while since i've used this site, and i've never posted pics on it either, doesn't help :p

start an introduce yrself thread and reply to everyones post with a thanks! or browes some current threads and tack on a good, related, question.

I have this one clone that 6weeks into flower and ALL the fanleaves are bright yellow. its not ph, nutes, or genes as the other 2 clones from that mother are not yellowing much. i actually dosed them with blood and bone meals cause the liquid nutes werent picking up. im thinking it got an odd disease or cancer or something. or i happened to plant it in old/bad dirt. runoff is fine tho.

this is a common drawback of useing bagseed.

start an introduce yrself thread and reply to everyones post with a thanks! or browes some current threads and tack on a good, related, question.

ABSOLUTELY unnecessary, irrelevant and confusing..:confused: there are not any post # restrictions on posting pictures.
There is a tutorial in the stickies on the "Announcements" forum on how to...

Julian... "Superjive" is not a nutrient or a fertilizer. Your plants are probably simply hungry..;)

Here are my yellowing plants... i finally got the pics up!

P7010282.jpg

P7010274_1.jpg

P7010275.jpg

P7010283.jpg

yeah hick said it
imo looks 100% like they just need
a feeding. get yourself some good
cannabis nutrients and feed them.
see how the leaves are all yellowing very evenly
the plants sucking life outta the leaves to feed itself

cool, you guys have all been very helpful! Now, one last thing. I know that figuring out the sex can take a while seeing as how they're outside. Do you guys think the pots i'm using are big enough, at least until i sex them? I will repot them into much larger pots, but only when i determin the sex. And also, what dirt is suggested for optimal results? And also, i'm using 20-20-20 plant food, is that ok?

Thanks!

they seem alright for now in those pots
i wouldnt leave them in there too too long though.
Plain potting soil with perlite is what I use.
next grow ill try using some dolomite lime to stablize the ph
What kind of plant food is it? right now ill say no.
go to a hydroponics store near you or order the nutes online
but you need something MADE for marijuana, something for the veg stage and bloom stage. i use Ionic products, see what you can find good luck

is the post req for posting links then? i remember when i joined i had to get 15 posts for something.

ya, i found out it was only for links... i couldn't figure out how to post pictures. Hick showed me the announcements and it showed me how to post pics directly to my posts...

Latest posts

Back