Yellowing leaves! Could someone help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its perfectley natural towards the end of flowering ,,,its just the ladies way of using all she can before discarding them :peace:

I just checked the link and my recent pics are posted.

Older leaves, fan leaves slowly turning from green to tellow and falling off

they look good jman ! and what ukgirl said ! gonna have some tasty bud soon !

Hey thanx phazes, but the are only 2 1/2 weeks into flower. Isn't it a little early to be usin up the leaves. maybe they are lacking something. Everything else is awesome with them. I mean they are really starting to show some crystals on the little flower leaves.

Jman said:
Older leaves, fan leaves slowly turning from green to tellow and falling off

Yellowing of older growth is a sign of a possible nitrogen deficiency. Nitrogen is a transferable element. If a plant is not receiving enough nitrogen through the roots, it will transfer it from the older growth. Plants that are nitrogen deficient will exhibit a lack of vigor and grow slowly, resulting in a weak and stunted plant that is significantly reduced in quality and yield. This info is from Growing Great Marijuana by Logan Edwards.

Tried looking but server busy.
It is normal although usually later in to flower.
From what i've seen there a lot of variables involved but even the medium can play its part as as i have said before they can be a little N deficient when grown in coco.
I'm guessing its the bigger ones towards the bottom of the plant in which case i would say it is normal although there may very well be a tip from one of the more experienced members to sort it.
Mine always seem to do it though and i got about 4-5 ounce dry of each plant last time so i wouldn't say its an issue, could be wrong though ya never know :), and my other girls doing it too and they at about same point as yours ;)

Well if anyone is still subscribed. My problem with the yellowing is still continuing, although it has slowed. I think my pots were just small, and they needed some N ph is still good, and I am still giving them nutes.Other than the yellowing these girls are really growing.

they most likely had a N-Deficiency due to stretch from flowering, in my experience, plants use the most Nitrogen at this time during flo. At 2.5 wks, your stretch is most likely done or close to it so the yellowing should taper then stop, unless there is another problem or your not feeding enough of course.

Yo...

I can't keep up with your posts... why did you start this thread when you already posted pics and the same questions on the linked thread and had plenty of discussion going on there? Try to stick to the threads you started and you'll make it a lot easier to follow your issues and get suggestions for solutions...:holysheep:

Any-hoo... You girls are flowering hard... Leaves will continue to yellow and die... This is your plant naturally using up all the nitrogen in reserve. Also many of the lower leaves no longer get much light for adequate photosynthesis and these leaves will die as flowering continues. When flowering, your plant no longer needs added nitrogen as all energies are now geared towards reproduction. Let nature take it's course... Any added nitrogen now can encourage further stretching and influence final flavor. Just keep an eye on your gals and remove the leaves when they are ready to come off with the slightest touch as well as keep the leaves that fall off cleaned up.

Thanks for the advice dirty. The only reason I started this thred was because my GJ wasn't getting a responses. Had to draw a little attention to it. As for the yellowing. The lack of light to those leaves is something I thought of. Maybe I just need to relax, smoke one, and chill. What you say makes good sense, for the flowering is really kickin in to high gear. this is the first time I have grown anything other than bagseed. And these plants are flowering harder than my other plants ever did.

Hi Jman...

It sounds like all that's left to do is take care of the girls and wait! :rolleyes: That's the hardest part for me... I'm on day 19 with my first grow in almost 4 years and the anticipation is going to kill me... Too many sacks of over priced green and nasty brown herb... I've grown for about 15 years on and off but sometimes life gets in the way... You might consider some side lighting for future grows. I use a 6 bulb T5 mounted on the back wall of my grow closet for a side fill and it really keeps my leaves and overall health of my girls looking happier throughout the flowering cycle... It also helps lower budding development and it supplies a good dose more energy to my girls as they push their flower production.

Rock on!

Hello there.
What CoolAsAFan said sounds reasonable for sure.

I said above about it seeming normal even early in flower... not anymore :)

I've just sussed out that the advice on letting coco almost dry out before you feed again is total bull.

I was advised a while back about feeding twice a day when using coco and never dreaming about it drying but i decided to follow the what everyone else said instead.
Anyway long story short, i got some extra cash so thought i'd try what GMT does and told me, he feeds twice a day with run off ( i had been reluctant to try it before as i quite a few plants :) so it gets expensive ).

Putting it simply the yellowing gone and the plants just look happier if that makes sense.
I mean i wasn't doing bad before they looked fine dont get me wrong and i pulled some pretty damn good weights before but i wont be goin back to the old ways ;)

Maybe any N deficiency your experiencing could be cos your not feeding frequently enough?

That very well could also have something to do with the yellowing instead. I mean I started out very light with the nute and ramped it up. I am at full strength on my nutes, and they are lovin it. I burned my last harvest 5 weeks into flower and they never recovered. I ended up having to harvest a week early because the started to go downhill fast. Luckily the were only bagseed. Still ended up with about 3/4 of an ounce off of my best plant.

Latest posts

Back