Yellowing sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KushBlower12

Smoke em' if ya got em'
Reaction score
Ok so I have a few diff kinds of strains here including white widow, ak47,sage, purple kush,shiva,bubblegum,OG and a couple others. Im having alot of yellowing and the leaves dry up. Ive been taking it very easy on the nutes. I water every other day with distilled water at 6.5-6.8 ph, some Staygreen(stress relief) and sometimes a little superthrive. I havent been adding too much nitrogen because the soil is only about a month old, plus I added a small amount of bone meal about 10 days ago. Oh and I flushed them about 2 weeks ago. Does this appear to be some type of lockout? I flushed them and the new growth picked up nicely, then the fan leaves started dying off. I also have some Magical (mag, cal, and Iron), but havent really used it yet.

As you can see, Im mostly using soil. However in the black bin, Im trying some manual hydro with clay pellets in a netted pot. just trying it...

The pic with my hand is my OG, what do you think this looks like? My stems are reddish... which can mean nitrogen def, but i tried that and it didnt respond well. The leaves are drying up and dying. Any thoughts?

And then the last pic is a mutation from a clone I took. I dont really know what happened here, but it sure is ugly. haha

Dec30002.jpg

Dec30003.jpg

Dec30001.jpg

Dec30004.jpg

Well kushblower12 I really have no answer for you on this one. Hopefully someone will come along with the answer. I'm having the same problem with my mother plant (white widow).

I think they look hungrey, particularly N the leaf in your hand looks like P deff.
I would double check our PH of the runoff, not just your water.

give them 1/4 to 1/2 strength vegg nutes once oer week and see how it goes.

You dont say what type of soil you are using, potting soils dont sustain plants well for very long.

Sorry about that growdude, ya I did a little experiment on this one and Im getting the same results on all of them. On some of them Im using Fox Farm Seedling starter mix, a mix of MG/Supersoil with perlite and vermiculite, 2 perlite only(hydro experiment). Im wondering if its the way I water them. I seem to water them every other day... but I do live in a drier area. my humidity is usually about 30-33. I have a humidifier, but it doesnt really seem to make a difference because I need to keep the door open for heat reasons. I try and spray a foliar of water to help with that, but not enough to cause water drops that burn the leaves.

Does a N or P nutrient deficiency cause the veins of the leaves to remain green while the rest turn yellow? And like I said the veins turn reddish which could be a N def. Im just afraid of overnuting them. But I guess i should try it cause this aint working!

Oh and sorry if im rambling.. i just picked up some incredible sour diesel. have a great day everyone

in the dwc systems i am running,i have yet to loose a fan leaf yet and the 1 crystal is ready for harvest.i will let her go maybe 2 more days of water.in my soil grows i lost plenty of foilage during flower,its somewhat normal.

well andy, if you looked at the pics Im not even close to flowering. I never mentioned anything about flowering. Im still very early in veg. but thanks anyway

KushBlower12 said:
Does a N or P nutrient deficiency cause the veins of the leaves to remain green while the rest turn yellow? And like I said the veins turn reddish which could be a N def. Im just afraid of overnuting them. But I guess i should try it cause this aint working!

could be mg-
this is from another site,-

Unlike a magnesium deficiency, nitrogen def will start from the tips and work its way back to the leaf node. Nitrogen and Magnesium get confused. The best way to tell them apart is, nitrogen deficiency starts around the tips and works its way to the back of the leaves, where a magnesium deficiency will cover the entire outer part of the leave and make the entire leaves yellow leaving the veins to stay green. If your plants are having a slow growth rate and have yellowing of the leaves, then most likely it’s a nitrogen deficiency.

oops sorry about that.i agree that they do look hungry.i used ffof soil and i fed mine at 1/4 strength at 2 weeks growth.once a week,watered every other day,lightly.i never watered until i had run-off.

feed the roots... its clones.. feed the roots.. use root stim.... something (spelling) u know what Im talking about ?

papabeach1 said:
feed the roots... its clones.. feed the roots.. use root stim.... something (spelling) u know what Im talking about ?

um not really. I thought I was feeding the roots? haha.

are you suggesting I might have a problem with my root system? thats about the best I can make out of this

perhaps you found some of that incredible sour diesel as well...

thanks tho

Latest posts

Back