yellowish leaves and spots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groworganic

Reaction score
Hey everybody. I seem to be having a problem with light green/yellowish spots on one of my young plants. Does anyone know what this could be? also on another one, the bottom leaves seem to be turning yellow. I'd appreciate any help that I can get. I've attached a couple photos of the girls.

plants 001.jpg

plants 003.jpg

HI GROWORGANIC,im only new myself and had same problem as u.so i will give yeah some tips,the experienced guys on here are great and will help in any way,but first they will want to know as much details as possible about the grow,LIGHTS,COMPOST,WATER,and most important PH of soil.just post as much info that u have and somebody will help. PS my prob was nute burn,but it could be an MG deficiency,anyway just post the details and one of the pros will help,,,,,peace out man.

not sure how you have been watering and if you have been using nutes or not but here is a little advice.
water it with only water and try to get about 20% runoff. pick up the cup and feel the weight. the next day pick up the cup to feel how much the dirt has dried up if its moderatly dry water again with 20% run off otherwise let it dry out. next watering should have 10% runoff keep doing this for 5-7 days and then add nutes into the watering but only at half dose... 3-5 waterings after that give it full dose nutes.

looks to me like it's time to start feeding if you haven't already . Give them a 1/2 strength dose of a good Grow fertilizer and they should be fine.. they are just hungry man.

Oh and don't ever water plants every day in soil unless the soil is completely dry. Period. You will be just inviting root rot. Your plants are hungry, next time the soil dries out good feed em.

can you suggest a good grow fert that is easy to find?? something inexpensive might be good too.

also, my medium is a mix that contains 70% peat moss. someone told me this was good for starting seedlings. should I transplant them into something different yet? if so, what would be a good choice?

If you plan on sticking with soil I would suggest changing that soil.

There are many good brands out there, but all you want is just a basic soil with perlite.. no or little nutrients added.

Fox Farms, Pro Mix or anything that doesn't say it feeds for X # of months.
Go online and find your grow and bloom nutrients. I suggest Fox Farms, or Botanicare Pure Blend Pro for beginners. It's hard to mess either of them up.

I would also suggest getting yourself a nice ph meter if you are really serious about growing. A good grow guide will also help you tremendously and a search on amazon will net you all you need in that area.

Latest posts

Back