yelowing 5 leaves only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asyouarei

Reaction score
its kinda funny i have one really yellow leaf and and one single yellow leaf on another set of leaves, if that makes sense. im not sure but it cant be over watering cause i barley water it. nute burn? light defficiency? idk help

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

Hello asyouarei :)

What soil are you growing it in?

How old is it?

Have you given it any nutrients yet?

What light are you using?

Do you check your water PH?

HippyInEngland said:
Hello asyouarei :)

What soil are you growing it in?

How old is it?

Have you given it any nutrients yet?

What light are you using?

Do you check your water PH?

im growing it in miracle grow 5-5-10 organic potting mix
its about month and a half old
i give it 1/4 dillute of a 18-18-21 fert alternating with water every two 3 days.
im using two 150 watters and one 120watter with about 7,000 total lumens
nah i dont have a ph meter and i did just move it into my closet, so maybe stress, i leave the closet door open with a fan on for circulation and close the blinds for light leakage and the closet is about 10x4 feet

asyouarei said:

This is your problem, your plant has been over fed, you need to take it out of the miracle grow, it is pre nuted (already has nutrients added and every time you water the plant you flood it with feed)

You need non feed soil, most soils have feed already in them that will last the plant 2 or 3 months, this is very bad for MJ.

HippyInEngland said:
This is your problem, your plant has been over fed, you need to take it out of the miracle grow, it is pre nuted (already has nutrients added and every time you water the plant you flood it with feed)

You need non feed soil, most soils have feed already in them that will last the plant 2 or 3 months, this is very bad for MJ.

so i cant just water it, how has it lasted this long?

The moment the first yellowing started is the moment the plant was telling you something is wrong, the symptoms will get worse and worse from now on until all your leaves are yellow and drop off, it needs to come out of the pre nutrient added soil, every time you water it, your heavily feeding it, it should have had no food at all for the first 4 weeks, you force fed it accidently without realising.

HippyInEngland said:
The moment the first yellowing started is the moment the plant was telling you something is wrong, the symptoms will get worse and worse from now on until all your leaves are yellow and drop off, it needs to come out of the pre nutrient added soil, every time you water it, your heavily feeding it, it should have had no food at all for the first 4 weeks, you force fed it accidently without realising.

ahh ,ah man thanks for the advice there was 5 other leaves that were yellow and they have turned back mostly green, but when i wake up tommorow if its better should i not replant or does it matter?

Re plant/ re pot is what you need to do, it needs to come out of the soil you have it in and go in different non nutriented soil, this will not pass, the soil your using will kill your plant.

okay HIE. Tell us how you would remove the plant from the soil and put in new container...I think I know how i would do it..but would like your way..

closing the blinds on window wont keep lite leaks out..also 10x4 with 7000 lumes...need lots more then that..IMO..3-5000 lumes square foot...Good luck and KEEP M GREEN

I am also intreged to find out how to re-plant and pot my plants i also have my 4 plants in MG with 3 month feed seem to be doing fine so far but just incase im a little worried about how to do it without harming them ....:)

Lay the pot on its side and tap its bottom untill the soil comes loose from the pot, let the soil and plant slip out onto a table or bench etc, re fill your pot with the new soil 3 or so inches only, now carefully remove the old soil from the plant until you find the root mass, you will not get all the old soil off the plant, simply scoop the plant up and stand it in the pot where the new soil is, while holding the plant in 1 hand you fill the pot with the new soil holding the plant upright, (at the stage the plant is above, you can re fill the pot with soil right up to the bottom leaves, this will re pot the plant deeper and help keep your plant shorter.)

This is my method, many different methods do the same job.

Do not feed for 2 weeks, just water, the old soil around the root mass will feed your plant.

4u2sm0ke said:
okay HIE. Tell us how you would remove the plant from the soil and put in new container...I think I know how i would do it..but would like your way..

closing the blinds on window wont keep lite leaks out..also 10x4 with 7000 lumes...need lots more then that..IMO..3-5000 lumes square foot...Good luck and KEEP M GREEN

tehen ill jus leave the door open during the night and closed during the day, i only have the plants in a 2suarefoot area, is should have clarafied

tehen ill jus leave the door open during the night and closed during the day, i only have the plants in a 2suarefoot area, is should have clarafied

HippyInEngland said:
Re plant/ re pot is what you need to do, it needs to come out of the soil you have it in and go in different non nutriented soil, this will not pass, the soil your using will kill your plant.

hey i got some new soil and gunna prolly replant today, its called jiffy-mix is says its for strating vegtables and flower seeds, it also says it contains sphagnum peat moss, horiculture perlite, and lime for ph balance. can i use this??/

asyouarei said:
its about month and a half old
i give it 1/4 dillute of a 18-18-21 fert alternating with water every two 3 days.
Hold the ban wagon
ok for those who just hate mg soil lets read this again. notice it says organic. the organic soil should be fine. its the 18-18-21 every 2 or 3 days thats causing your problem. NOT THE SOIL. i know alot of people hate mg but and im not a fan either but just changinh soil isn't gonna fix the problem.. your over feeding this plant. just because you see mg in a post doesn't mean thats automaticly the problem.. jmo hope i haven't made anyone mad.

slowmo77 said:
Hold the ban wagon
ok for those who just hate mg soil lets read this again. notice it says organic. the organic soil should be fine. its the 18-18-21 every 2 or 3 days thats causing your problem. NOT THE SOIL. i know alot of people hate mg but and im not a fan either but just changinh soil isn't gonna fix the problem.. your over feeding this plant. just because you see mg in a post doesn't mean thats automaticly the problem.. jmo hope i haven't made anyone mad.

well i only actually fert it every 6 days, but it seema a lot of people have had this same problem with this soil. yeah would like to just leave it in the soil right now but i want what is best for the plant

when you do feel like you need to feed, use something with an even NPK value like a 5-5-5 or 10-10-10. the plant is still a little young to need alot of nutes. your soil should feed it for a while. jmo

asyouarei said:
well i only actually fert it every 6 days, but it seema a lot of people have had this same problem with this soil. yeah would like to just leave it in the soil right now but i want what is best for the plant

in that case next time you need help give honest answers. you said first you feed every 2 or 3 days. if thats not the case then i could be wrong. but a plant that small shouldn't need much on nutes if your soil has a 5-5-10 NPK value.

slowmo77 said:
when you do feel like you need to feed, use something with an even NPK value like a 5-5-5 or 10-10-10. the plant is still a little young to need alot of nutes. your soil should feed it for a while. jmo

k, im gunna water it today and if the leaves start turning yellow do u think it would be a good idea to repot? also the soil has very mininmum perlite in it right now and kinda worrried about root rot when i start to flush, also what is a good amount to water??

i would go ahead and repot if you have bought new soil. mg soil is tuff to use and i wouldn't recommend it. but it can and has been used by many with great results. i think you need to add perlite to your soil mix for drainage. with out it the soil compacts and the roots can't breath. jmo

slowmo77 said:
i would go ahead and repot if you have bought new soil. mg soil is tuff to use and i wouldn't recommend it. but it can and has been used by many with great results. i think you need to add perlite to your soil mix for drainage. with out it the soil compacts and the roots can't breath. jmo

i wasnt tryingy to decieve u with when i fert, should have explained it that i water wait three days then fert wait three days and water and wait three days then fert and so on, sorry for the confusion, ill let u know how the soil turns out.:)

Latest posts

Back