yelowing 5 leaves only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it could have been the way i read it. my think in was the two 3 days was the alternation. so that would mean you feed twice a week. so 18-18-21 in 1/4 would be 4.5-4.5-5.25 plus your soil has an NPK of 5-5-10 so that means this little plant is gettin 9.5-9.5-15.25 twice a week. thats alot for a small plant. again i could be wrong this is just what i think

slowmo77 said:
it could have been the way i read it. my think in was the two 3 days was the alternation. so that would mean you feed twice a week. so 18-18-21 in 1/4 would be 4.5-4.5-5.25 plus your soil has an NPK of 5-5-10 so that means this little plant is gettin 9.5-9.5-15.25 twice a week. thats alot for a small plant. again i could be wrong this is just what i think

idk if u read the soil thread thing i posted but i wrote a little about what it said on the bag alsoo::
http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/pottingsoil.htm

slowmo77 said:

i replanted it and got about dirt with roots bout 4 inches down, i think i only cut off one root(went way down into the bottom) hopefully it takes to it...fingers crossed

012.JPG

018.JPG

HippyInEngland said:
Re plant/ re pot is what you need to do, it needs to come out of the soil you have it in and go in different non nutriented soil, this will not pass, the soil your using will kill your plant.

i replanted and everything and it a yellow is creeping on most of the leaves as well as some of the green leaves are not opening up kinda needle like. is it severely stressed??

well if the mix is organic it could contain organic ferts. like worm castings. if it doesnt say time release then it isnt. the organic on the bag makes me think its ok. when you feed in soil and using worm casting or other composts- the nutrient level drops when you water. more and more the soil becomes depleated and after a month its unlikely there is much nutrition left just in the soil. id say the plant has been using the nutes in the water by now and the plant looks fine like its a lil hungry by having one main leaf yellowing off on the bottom (normal) and others starting to yellow a little. notice the leaf tips are not burned on any leaves, that tells me that the plant is fine and might need a ph ajusting since he prolly didnt use dolomite lime as a buffer...

I would say that you need to chek the ph and make it right then maybe a more balanced diet containing micronutes. try dosing her with a compost tea and see how she does after she dries outgood, use PHed water when feeding and check ph from runoff. id say could be the start of a ph issue if anything.

trillions of atoms said:
well if the mix is organic it could contain organic ferts. like worm castings. if it doesnt say time release then it isnt. the organic on the bag makes me think its ok. when you feed in soil and using worm casting or other composts- the nutrient level drops when you water. more and more the soil becomes depleated and after a month its unlikely there is much nutrition left just in the soil. id say the plant has been using the nutes in the water by now and the plant looks fine like its a lil hungry by having one main leaf yellowing off on the bottom (normal) and others starting to yellow a little. notice the leaf tips are not burned on any leaves, that tells me that the plant is fine and might need a ph ajusting since he prolly didnt use dolomite lime as a buffer...

I would say that you need to chek the ph and make it right then maybe a more balanced diet containing micronutes. try dosing her with a compost tea and see how she does after she dries outgood, use PHed water when feeding and check ph from runoff. id say could be the start of a ph issue if anything.

yeah i think it has some worm castings in it, there are like these squiggley brown things in there haaa it actually does say that it used lime for a proper ph balance and i did a ph read on the soil and it said 7, iam also using distilled water which ithought would be good?? and also gave it a little blood meal cause it could maybe be a nirtro def.......rwally dont know what is wrong... i think last resort is taht it might be a mg def...???????idkkk

blood meal can be to strong if you used alot...i would test with a good ph meter. hold off on feeding until you test the runoff, no need to go crazy trying to add more nutes. yellowing happens i would see how she looks by time for next watering- you said they started to yellow( other leaves) now there green agian.....means they were just hungry!

goodluck

yeah i think it has some worm castings in it, there are like these squiggley brown things in there haaa it actually does say that it used lime for a proper ph balance

i was talking about the soil you had the plant in before- and the ph before you transplanted. if the soil was organic it probibly had the worm castings due to what amount of nutrition written on the bag....

anyway let her dry out and see how she does- if there is yellowing could be hungry, if theres bloching- ph if you see burned tips- to many nutes. curling could be ph as well.

hope she str8ins out!

trillions of atoms said:
yeah i think it has some worm castings in it, there are like these squiggley brown things in there haaa it actually does say that it used lime for a proper ph balance

i was talking about the soil you had the plant in before- and the ph before you transplanted. if the soil was organic it probibly had the worm castings due to what amount of nutrition written on the bag....

anyway let her dry out and see how she does- if there is yellowing could be hungry, if theres bloching- ph if you see burned tips- to many nutes. curling could be ph as well.

hope she str8ins out!

ohh got yah on the casting part, thanks for the little description on the leaves thing, thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Back