Thorn's New Grow Tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorn

Micro Queen
Reaction score
Hi all well I'm getting back into growing again, been taking a break while getting sorted out in the new place and in my head :ignore: lol

I have 3 plants that have been on the window ledge for almost 2 months and poor things they are a state - small and spindly lol

Well One is a female Lowryder Mint and 2 are Orange Candy Floss. I have a grow tent that I bought a few months back and have finished setting it up for now - can't get my 150watt HPS to work so they just got the old CFLs for now. Haven't got any proper fans yet either but am doing ok with the desk fan.

Hope to get more going soon. There's also a hemp plant in there that i germinated in the summer from some bird seed :confused:

The tent is a small one, its 90x50x160cm but much better than anything else I've had :)

Pics - my sorry lookin plants now moved to tent, the tent and the lamp I'll hopefully be using once we fix it! And there's that female hemp plant just for fun hehe :rolleyes:

Hope everyone is well :D

2009-10-21 Plants.JPG

2009-10-21 Tent.JPG

2009-10-21 Lamp.JPG

2009-10-21 Hemp.JPG

2009-10-21 Hemp 2.JPG

2009-10-21 Hemp 3.JPG

:yay:

:ciao: Glad to see the HPS and wow nice tent...Now lets see what ya can do huh? How ya been Girl? things okay you a BF end? Missed a lot while ya gone....we have some fun grows going Im sure youll see..Mojo for the tent.:lama:..Take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Welcome back to growing Thorn :)

You have problems in the future unless you act now.

Bigger pots and bury the plants down to the red marks, if you dont they are going to fall over, simple as that.

Curl, bend and fold/twist the roots and stem.

But get them to those marks.

:peace:

2 2 Thorn.JPG

Welcome back Thorn I hve read through your micro grows...nice work...

Hi all thanks for the lovely comments. I'm ok thanks, still with the bf though he needs to get his act together :rolleyes: We got 2 new pet fancy rats and they are lovely. Glad I finally got this tent up lol its been sitting around empty for far too long! I also want to get some peppers growing in there - just small plants you know but main purpose for if anyone wants to see inside the tent and i can show them peppers ;)

HippyInEngland said:
Welcome back to growing Thorn :)

You have problems in the future unless you act now.

Bigger pots and bury the plants down to the red marks, if you dont they are going to fall over, simple as that.

Curl, bend and fold/twist the roots and stem.

But get them to those marks.

:peace:

lol hippy not sure if you were being serious hehe of course i know i need them in bigger pots. this grow is just getting things started etc - i think its pretty obvious i'm not that serious about those 3 plants lol. Thanks anyway hippy, glad to see your still about.

Anyway I am dog sitting for my folks this week but gonna cycle over to my place this aft and repot the plants and water and check everythings ok.

Still not got the HPS working as not had time to look. Gotta get the bf to check the wiring (seeing as he's the one that did it) and if its not that i'm not sure whats wrong so might be back for help on that one.

Plants already look better after being under just the CFLs for a few days. Smell lovely and the OCFs not showed sex yet :hubba:

Keep it green everyone :D

Welcome back Thorn, good to see you!

Good job with the tent, MJ and the peppers....

hey tc How are you?

sorry not kept this posting up, been struggling to cope with stuff. I cut those plants yesterday, they weren't great so not really worth showing anything other than the lovely purple colour of the OCF but y'all seen that before lol. The hemp smoke was alright actually, nothing worth saving though, although it really did smell nice :p

Not started anything new yet. Having an issue with the blooming midgies! I think they are the usual fungus gnats. They don't seem to make a difference to the plants really other than having to pick them all off with tweezers at harvest :rolleyes: ..I picked off about a hundred of the things this evening from a small part of the OCF plant! :eek: Although there is nothing growing in the tent I do have some other plants around the house. I do have some sticky fly tape so going to try using that. I have one of those sticky fly catching plants but they don't eat much this time of year. I remember someone saying something last year that got rid of them but couldn't find it anywhere.

So any ideas? as I'd really like to combat them before i grow anything else in the tent.

Wish I had an idea for you Thorn, about those pesky bugs. Is nice to see you agian tho.

tcbud is doing well, smoking her harvest from last summer and awaiting the 17th, when the bud pic of the YEAR will be done. Till then, I watch and wait. Oh and smoke. Have you seen it? or voted? it is under the MP Awards forum. We got some great entries there. All past year bpom's. Worth taking a look at, imo.

Take care Thorn, sounds like things (besides bugs) are going well for you.

thorn, get those little yellow sticky traps (i use safers sticky stiks) if that's not what you already have.
they work pretty well at gathering the little buggers.
good luck

yea kaotik i got some, will give them a try :D

sorry tcbud things aren't going too well to be honest. my folks dog died on xmas day, she was my best friend (know that sounds stupid but its true) sort of gotten myself into trouble too, thanksfully not weed related. struggling a lot with depression at the moment - was doing really well with that but gone down hill over last few months. just finding it a battle to motivate myself so far this year.

Some thing that may help is a dab of peanut butter or jam on the end of one of your sticky's. Welcome back! The sweet smell will drive them crazy.

thanks chef. think i'll start making a list of these things and test them out to see how they do. there are so many of these little whatsits in every room here! they irritate me so much lol

thorn i have read a lot of posts on here i am kind of new but also i recently have delt with life on lifes tearmes and it beat me ... communicating with like minde people and and loosing myseld in this little hobbie has helped alsong with a visit to the oc 2 a week and a goodbolwpack keep that chin up tomorrow is allways a fresh start./... oh nevermin spelling im stoned bbb or kriss be safe

Hi Thorn it sounds to me like you need a :heart: and hug. Hope they help you get thru the hard times.
:48:

Latest posts

Back