seeds how to find femmie seeds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally I found it... here it is from Europe their way to germinate the seeds..and make more chances to develop females from seeds itself..

Ethylene, a naturally occurring gas given off by ripening bannanas, has been found to increase the feminisation of seeds.Before germination, place seeds in a sealed plastic bag containing banana peels for 14 days. Wrap the skins in tissues to absorb any moisture they give off. Keep the bag in a warm place and air the seeds regularly, replacing the skins as the ripen.

Oestrogen, found in birth control pills, has a similar effect. Dissolve 1 pill in 50ml of water, then soak your seeds in this solution overnight. Sprout the seeds on tissue paper saturated with the same solution.

Increases of between 10 and 25% more females have been achieved using these methods. '

there's more from dutch..
Germinating more females. (From Dutch Passion)

From Literature and our own findings it appears that the growth of a male or female plant from seed,
except for the predisposition in the gender chromosomes, also depends on various enviromental factors.

The enviromental factors that influence gender are :

* a higher nitrogen concentration will give more females.
* a higher potassium concentration will give more males.
* a higher humidity will give more females.
* a lower temperature will give more females.
* more blue light will give more females.
* fewer hours of light will give more females. It is important to start these changes at the three-pairs-of-leaves stage
and continue for two to three weeks, before reverting to normal conditions.

if you put them in a bag with bannana skins (wrap the skins in kitchen roll so the seeds dont get moist) for 2wks prior to germination the gas from the ripening bannana skins will help to up the percentage of females, or soak the seeds over night in a glass of water with eostrogen in it ( the female contraceptive pill) this will also help to up the number of females
okay... I will post pic tommorrow of what I did today.... for banana version
many thanks to mass prod.. he surely gave us hints!!

*sigh*.... been waiting on massprod,... after researching and post what I found.. so I did this.. I hope massprod is happy for what I am doing, and I did that last night.. I didnt want banana go rotten.. so all good... very riped..
here the pics, I cut only one peel in pieces... look like I can grow fruit trees by these process which I will do soon after more researchin more about germinate fruit trees such as tangles, lemon, lime, apple all that.. and Now I want to grow banana tree too :) again thanks more to massprod!!.. I Learn lot even more...
thank you MP.com!! and everybody! who is in this too.. and.. I fold and rolled and use rubbers to hold it.. put in plastic bag, then put in tupperware along with other seeds I germinated.. as direction said..

p_00177.jpg

p_00175.jpg

p_00174.jpg

p_00173.jpg

p_00179.jpg

p_00172.jpg

Thanks for the pix/tutorial bro!

Are you going to let them sit for 2 weeks?

this moring, I decide to check other seeds I germinated with in 48 hours.. just a peek, finally I saw 2 seeds spout out... yes experts can tell its male cuz they spout out first.. :ignore: but see selected.. all that.. I ll give others 24 hours more, if yall have suggestion, I ll do extra.. what yall asks..
so I prepared 2 pots for that seeds.. you will see rubbers around the pots. that is my label them as female.. and for everybody to watch it grow.. I placed both under the flours tube.. as you can see they got lot of lumens so they are good.. btw see other 2 babies it is "vs with my DWC" so its hot racing :hubba:

this better works...:cool:

p_00178.jpg

p_00180.jpg

p_00181.jpg

p_00182.jpg

p_00183.jpg

p_00184.jpg

p_00185.jpg

cuy103 said:
Thanks for the pix/tutorial bro!

Are you going to let them sit for 2 weeks?

good question.... let it sitting for 2 weeks.. hmmm

gotta give them times with these gas, umm... I ll check it with in 4 days more.. maybe give a peek.... but what about gas if I open the bag and let gas go out, nah I can try peek the seeds while plastic bag is still closed.. I ll do that in 2 to 4 days more.. thanks for the question! I do wonder too..:eek:

Personally, I don't I have the patience to let it sit for 2 weeks.

I also want to try this method, but I also want to start growing asap!

Decisions...decisions...:cool:

Well, whatever happens...let us know how the "banana peel" germination goes!!! G'luck! :)

i did not take the time to read the entire post,so here it goes.i personally would not have a feminized seed in my house.1st you pay out the yang for them and will probably get some queer arse plants.jmo

andy52 said:
i did not take the time to read the entire post,so here it goes.i personally would not have a feminized seed in my house.1st you pay out the yang for them and will probably get some queer arse plants.jmo
...:rofl:.. those hermies really wrinkle yer panties, don't they andy?.. ;)

I quite am sure its not hermies I did threw all others that was hermies..so far..
all these seeds in cells came from every weed bags I gets and I have couples of that boxes lol..

it will take about 2 month to see the pre sex develop,maybe 3rd month for sure.

i'm sorry papa, I really forgot about this thread, but you got it, beasically you are only germing the seeds in the banana, just like you would do normally, without the banana.

Yes I have done this many times and while it WILL NOT give you a 100% female rate it will be higher then your normal 50/50 male/female split, if your conditions are good, then you can expect around 70-80%, sometimes they all will become female, but you will usually see a couple males.

The most important thing is that you have to check your seeds often to ensure that they do not rot or mold, so this is not something you want to do with very fresh seeds.

Just to clearify, this is not my method, this was not invented by me, this is just something that I use to do, when I am growing IBL's and don't feel like mothering anything.

That's surely your opinion but this has nothing to do with feminized seeds??? IN fact if the seeds were femmed then doing this would be pointless.

Look around the forum at the amount of people growing regular seeds that are complaining of hermies, those have nothing to do with femmed seeds and more to do with not ideal conditions, and too little TLC, just like someone who gets a hermie from femmed seeds. I said it once and will say it again, I see a lot more reports of hermies from regular seeds, then i do of femmed seeds. That doesn't mean that if you have femmed seeds and you got a hermie that it was totally your fault, but what I will say is that it is very easy to place blame, but a lot harder to admitt that the problem may have been in your methods, and I don't mean you andy, lol

Either way this is not a discussion that I am willing to have again so I will just leave it there

andy52 said:

yeah massprod, I'm totally cool with that, I'm sure regular seeds is more sensitive to be hermie, only if a grower messed with it. like bother the dark period of time, which can cause to be hermie.. if breed with other hermie can turn female to hermie, that what I learns... there is many way to get these females to be hermie.. which we do not want that... all I am trying to is give the high chance to get females out of bag seeds.. and prevent the females to turn and be hermie.. I'm just hoping I am doing the right thing.. btw these 2 seeds just grew a baby plant.. will post soon when I get good result.. have to check the rest of seeds too..

Do you actually germ the seeds in the banana peel?

Or do you let the seeds sit in those peels...THEN germ the way we regularly germ?

massproducer said:
That's surely your opinion but this has nothing to do with feminized seeds??? IN fact if the seeds were femmed then doing this would be pointless.

Look around the forum at the amount of people growing regular seeds that are complaining of hermies, those have nothing to do with femmed seeds and more to do with not ideal conditions, and too little TLC, just like someone who gets a hermie from femmed seeds. I said it once and will say it again, I see a lot more reports of hermies from regular seeds, then i do of femmed seeds. That doesn't mean that if you have femmed seeds and you got a hermie that it was totally your fault, but what I will say is that it is very easy to place blame, but a lot harder to admitt that the problem may have been in your methods, and I don't mean you andy, lol

Either way this is not a discussion that I am willing to have again so I will just leave it there

Exactly^ I've NEVER had a hermie growing indoors

cuy103 said:
Do you actually germ the seeds in the banana peel?

Or do you let the seeds sit in those peels...THEN germ the way we regularly germ?

seeds is in the banana roll now

will check in am, I havent check them lately, I suspects I need to do that..
been wacko days for me lately..:hubba:

will post if the seeds spout out in the banana rolls

I checked the tissue spout method... it has been like a week already..
I was kinda edgy and pissed...really HIGH pissed cuz no body gave me a space and time to do my hobby grow (growls) good thing they has timer to take care of these light cycles.. only one seed did grew and cling to the paper towel.. I'm afraid to check the banana roll.. just becuz the way it look after a week.. I did'nt feel like to scream and panic like hell.. it don't really work last time for me.. its like I want to go back in woods and hide!! just for hours

massproducer said:

...And "that" surely is your opinion.. I'm not sure that I understand how suddenly everyones conditions are causing these hermies, when there have been newbie growers, and less than ideal conditions have bee a factor and existed a hell of a lot longer than the high ratio of hermies that we're seeing on the forum..
and since you emphatically state with certainty that it has "nothing" to do with femminised seeds. I have to say, just as emphatically, that it does. It has to do with femminised seeds being produced by people that have no busiess producing them, with hermie genetics. By not following a diligent selection process and poluting the gene pool with them. That's why they're showing up in the "regular" seeds.
...but I will agree, tht this is a discussion that I'm not anxious to repeat, either..:ignore:
You have an opinion, and so do I...;)

"six of one, a half dozen of the other"

Latest posts

Back