Mtes Mites Mits Mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
godtea said:
Has anyone tried "tabacco tea"
if you smoke cigs it shouldn't bother you too much.
The nicotene will wipe out your mites in no time .Just don't eat it

I don't smoke cig anymore!! put some chocalate on those critter and they be just fine to eat...lol:D

Damn Pest!!!

its taken 5 days from cloudy to first sighs or amber, im still thinking 3-5 more days.

godtea said:
Has anyone tried "tabacco tea"
if you smoke cigs it shouldn't bother you too much.
The nicotene will wipe out your mites in no time .Just don't eat it
I've never heard of nicotine elimiknateing a mite infestation.
I have also witnessed some pretty severe damage to plants that were sprayed with a nicotine concoction. If it was the strength, the application, I don't know. They weren't mine. But "I" did see the damage.

jesus christ ive just checked my plants and i too have quite a few of the spider mites.

lovely

lol

so they die tomorrow

pkj

parkingjoe said:
jesus christ ive just checked my plants and i too have quite a few of the spider mites.

lovely

lol

so they die tomorrow

pkj
.................Man PKJ, I don't envy you. I've watched your grows for at least two years here, some stellar grows, but yet to recall one that didn't have mite issues.
You must live in a very favorable environment. goooooooooooooood luck ;)

one way to reduce the number is to use 2 damp sponges and sandwich a leaf in there and wipe down all the leaves every day.

AZATROL, avail a hydro shops. This stuff saved my room, many times.

I am going to spray them with this mite pray for Veggie and fruit tree stuff and give them a GOOOD wash after and spray the grow room while the girls r drying off !!

When using the toaster oven, will make the Little mites crawl away from the bud too !!! But the web stays, No matter what enless u want to wipe them down afterwards taking out of oven.
Mutt said that it Melts away the trichome ! I looked with the Pocket scope and that how I found out the Mites were DEAD and All over the plate and trich spots r there.. and my temp was set very low around 50 degree...

I am going to try the freezer to kill the Mites next !!! Got to be carefull of Mold afterwards... For Tasters Only !!!!

Got To Get Rid Of These Things Some How Before Harvesting!!

IF, you really want to be rid of mites, use NSP's. I have mites if I dont use them. my room is 8x8x4 and I use 2 to be sure.

THEY ARE POISON

on the harvested weed, there is no taste, no odor and I've been using them more than 30 yrs. Maybe I am poisoning myself slowly, maybe I am immune to the poison, but I notice no ill effect.

I hate to see bugs eat my weed, and I HATE TO SMOKE BUGS!!!

In addition, children who had leukemia were twice as likely to have been exposed to no-pest strips. Also significant, exposure to no-pest strips and home extermination were both linked to incidence of brain tumors and lymphomas (cancer of the lymph nodes).....And the insecticide in no-pest strips, dichlorvos, has also been linked to cancer.
http://www.motherjones.com/news/outfront/1997/09/wellbeing.html
The insecticide used in NPS is called "DICHORVOS
another organophosphate insecticide, in animals and soil."
Dichovors chemical profile page
Human Health Hazards

Health Hazard
Recognized: Carcinogen
Suspected: Cardiovascular or Blood Toxicant
Developmental Toxicant
Gastrointestinal or Liver Toxicant
Immunotoxicant
Neurotoxicant
Reproductive Toxicant
Skin or Sense Organ Toxicant
It's on 6 "Federal Regulatory Programs list", as a dangerous air contaminant, extremely hazardous substance,ect.
It's on CA State Regulatory List" as a known carcinogen and reproductive toxicant.
Regulatory Status: The EPA has classified it as toxicity class I - highly toxic, because it may cause cancer and there is only a small margin of safety for other effects. Products containing dichlorvos must bear the Signal Words DANGER - POISON. Dichlorvos is a Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) and may be purchased and used only by certified applicators.
Formulation: It is used as a fumigant and has been used to make pet collars and pest strips. It is available as an aerosol and soluble concentrate.
http://extoxnet.orst.edu/pips/dichlorv.htm
However it goes on to say that it is remarkably fast to metabolize and detoxify in mammals. Rats given a high dose, either died within one hour, or completely recovered.

Sill doesn't sound like something I'm willing to ingest.

even I am concerned over the toxicity of these NSP's, but they work, I dont notice anything negative and simply go with that.

I am not the only 1 using these things, I heard about them many years ago at overgrow when the mite issue 1st came up. we've used these thing in the barns for many many years, used to be called shell no pest strips.

and as you mentioned, they use the same technology in flea colars. if my dog or cat can wear em around their neck, I can certainly kill some bugs in the growroom, then eat or smoke the weed.

I am gonna try putting ladybugs in there again this summer. it would make me feel a whole lot better to do it without chemicals.:cool:

i wouldnt trip either Puffin, were all going to die anyways, from global warming.:hubba:

headband said:
i wouldnt trip either Puffin, were all going to die anyways, from global warming.:hubba:

So headband u don't worry about global warnning no more then spraying ur plants with mite spray and wash ?

I wonder about the fruits and veggies we get from the store if all the chimicals are all off of those after there wash!!

I counted my weeks into flowering 1 plants is 9 weeks and the 2 plant is 8 weeks so I must be getting close so those damn mite must GOOOOOOO..

Yo Ho FlyingHigh,
Since I trip on growing exotics Indoors as well as out, I have learned my lessons about pest control. Try this site for your needs;
http://www.naturescontrol.com/mite.html#tt

Nature can do it far better than we can, and I figuere I'm not going to smoke that poison crap for no-one. These natural eaters of mites will love you, and though it may take a bit they will destroy your plague, and even more. Read up on this, I think you will be pleased. Don't be tempted to go for the quick easy chem sprays as you gotta live with what you ingest and/or inhale, and years down the line, well you know what I mean.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

ice cold water from a spray /mister bottle will dislodge most mites as they love arrid and high temps thus low temps and wetness they will drop off ya plants pronto.

ps i still have them but under control so much so i not bothered anymore by the durty little buggers.

spray permethin based spray into room with extraction turned off for a while but oscilating fan still on and this will kill most mites in fact every mite it contacts life has ended as they know it.

lol

hey hick i do happen to have loads of juniper bushes outside my front door which are spider mites favourite food so each time i come thru the door i bet the buggers lay in wait and say heres that idiot jump aboard and we can get smashed on his skunk plants.

pkj

AHHHHH-HA!.. junipers ;) That certainly makes your continued problem, more understandable. hmm... you do know that juniper makes decent firewood ?.. :p

mites are a parasite and there are many ways to get rid of them all but one are potentially dangerous. i personally dont want to mess with pesticides or soap so i would find some ladybugs. if your crop is infested with mites get lots of ladybugs. ladybugs eat parisites but wont hurt your plant.its just nature foodchain etc...

it may not eliminate the mites but it will control the situation so you dont have to loose thecrop

hey harvester, thanks for posting wrong information, its not like im flaming you in the shout box over this, first of all a spider mite is not a parasite. spider mites are members of the arachnid class (order Acari) and the family tetranychidae, which includes about 1600 species. They generally live on the leaves of plants, where they may spin protective silk webs, and they can cause damage by puncturing the plant cells to feed. and when your infested, ladybugs dont help at all, theres just to many darn spidermites...

and just to keep it clear harvester, mylar is more reflective than white walls, white walls are more reflective than tinfoil. fact, even hgb or SmknWhtWidow wil say the same thing, if you dont believe me ask them, dont keep telling me im giving false information, cus you are the only one doing that saying a spider mite is a parasite. hahaha ive never seen anyone in the doctors saying, ' you have spider mites' hahahahaahhah:holysheep:are you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back