Mtes Mites Mits Mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
I have read a ALOT of thread about mites and I don't see anyway of getting rid of the problem !!
I can see myself putting lady bugs in there and then see my granddaughter trying to play with them LOL

I looked at my girls everyday and smash all I can, but there just to many to fight and how low does the temp has to be before the mites can go away ? I can take the plants and put them outside for the night while it cold, but I don't think that be a good thing to do either on being so close to harvest I got about 1 month left or sooner..

I thought about a GOOD Vaccum but I can see the whole plant being suxed up.. LOL

Maybe I spreyed them with Jack Danials and get them drink and maybe they fall off.. HEhe

That far in flower sure limits your choices...I know mites don't like humidity...I had a bad case but seem to be able to keep them at bay with misting a soap solution every other day...not sure if I have killed them all but seems to be kkeping them down to a minimal...hope this helps Friend

4u2smoke said:
That far in flower sure limits your choices...I know mites don't like humidity...I had a bad case but seem to be able to keep them at bay with misting a soap solution every other day...not sure if I have killed them all but seems to be kkeping them down to a minimal...hope this helps Friend

Thought of that of soap and water, but I am to affraid the I end up with Mold and That would Just PISSSS me off and I had to throw the hole thing away !!

Bring the Humidty up ! wouldn't that cause mold too ??

I was at my local growshop yesterday and as i was being rung up one employee was telling the other about this brand new mite killing spray that he wanted to get instock for the store. He said he watched a video on it and they sprayed one of the mites and the thing practically disintegrated but it does not harm plants at all. Im in the USA but he said it was made over in Europe somewhere so goodluck finding it.

maineharvest said:
I was at my local growshop yesterday and as i was being rung up one employee was telling the other about this brand new mite killing spray that he wanted to get instock for the store. He said he watched a video on it and they sprayed one of the mites and the thing practically disintegrated but it does not harm plants at all. Im in the USA but he said it was made over in Europe somewhere so goodluck finding it.

But u didn't say if once sprayed, can the plant be smoked..?

Mist with neem oil,or half ISO and half water mix spray lightly and they should go away. From what i can recall its does no harm to plants even in flower.:aok:

edit:found the thread i was looking for Mites

Flyinghigh said:
But u didn't say if once sprayed, can the plant be smoked..?

Not sure. I dont know anything about it, but you make a good point haha

Dubbaman said:
Mist with neem oil,or half ISO and half water mix spray lightly and they should go away. From what i can recall its does no harm to plants even in flower.:aok:

edit:found the thread i was looking for Mites

Thanks I went there and there not much a person can do with these little pest once u got them.

Ok if I spray them with water and ISO mix what will that do with the Trichome? would I still tell when to harvest..?
Once sprayed and before it dry's can a person use there blow dryer to dry the plants? Having it far enough back with out harming the leafs with the heat?
I can put it outside at night while it cold but I would have to bring it back into the house before day lite and the lite come on at 7 am..

I will try the neem oil first, what it taste like when smoked?

is there a another type of plant these mites really like instead of MJ.?

poisons work, like malathion and NPS. they are poisons, and you might rather just smoke the bugs.

Once you have mites bad enough to see the webs you wont be able to get rid of them for that grow, damage control is the best you can do.

High humidity and low temps will slow them, vac them up and wipe them off, wipe every leaf on the bottom.
You can use lady bugs.

But the best bet is prevention, never bring plants into your grow without a time apart to be sure its bug free.
Never mess in your garden or house plants and mess in your grow room.

Most times there brought in from outside on clothes, pets, plants.

When your grow is done use bug bombs and bleach

these cute little redheaded pests hit me hard just like mendo local the last 2 weeks of flowering. Gosh Dang it. I tryed the vac idea, almost sucked my top away, rips leaves too, not a good idea untill harvest and after drying, **** em off. I still have a late flowering momma which hasnt got attacked yet, whos way behind these girls. She needs to be taken out and flushed in the bathtub, but while im doing this, i want to bomb the attic and clean everything, whats a goood bomb???

I am with grow dude on this.Also,when you do get them plants out of there.Do as good as of a cleaning that you can.Walls,lights,cords,fans,pots,crapets,take down any reflective material.Then bomb the place with some thing thats called DR.DOOM works very well.Then after you bomb them mites.GO in there and clean one more time. I am sorry to hear about the mites.I had to cut a grow 3 weeks short because of mites.When you hang your plants hang your plants with dential floss and then put two sides tape at the top of the string.Them mites will try to leave your plants and will crawl up that string and you got them little suckers.Also make sure them buds aint touching anything else like the walls of anything.Some will get crawl on to what ever its touching.Hope this helps and Keep it GREEN:D

ok as you americans are gifted on this one

lol

hXXp://www.77hydrostore.com/pes024.html

this stuff works ill give you an example

i have similar stuff but prescription only from the veterinary surgeon for animals etc.

so the stuff i have is same make up but far stronger stuff and only downside is it has to be held upside down to spray floors in your home and because of this its very difficult to get it to underneath the leaves on infested plants.

this fogger is the business ive already asked if they ship to u.k.-NO

anyway i did an experiment got some spider mites in a clear glass jar sprayed mega second burst into jar covered lid with clingfilm and got out my magnifying glass out and watched them go dizzy lose their grip fall off the leaf and just shrivel on the floor-DEAD AS A DODO

ok you may think im a sicko but they are very reilient to lots of pesticides/mitecides etc but the main ingredient is a derivitive of chrysanthemum flowers called pyrethrin and they hate it so much they die.

roflmao

do not entertain spraying/misting with anything especially neem oil as its stinks and will be on your harvested buds and tastes as bad as its smells also budrot will happen unless you have an ozone generator in the room as this will kill all airbourne spores.

pkj

Well I hate these damn things and there soooooooo many and I have come to wonder that these MJ live's either in door or out side and the MJ that out side, Well get rain on them.!!

Why can't I take the plants an put them in the shower and run the shower water hose on them for alittle bit to wash the critters off !

Yea I understand the mold thing But I was more thinking of washing with soap and water and then wash with plain water in the shower and do this right after the Light comes on and shake the plant well before putting back under lite and then Blow dry on Low to help dry..?

Outside MJ does get them But there not as bad as inside from what I have read and those outside does get rain on them and does it hurt the plants ? I don't think so..
The heat has alot to do with drying the plant but there days of rain..

How ever I got a bunch of these critters and the top Bud is getting close to harvest have starting to see cloudy trichomes all the way through so a few more weeks I believe..

Flyinghigh said:
Thanks I went there and there not much a person can do with these little pest once u got them.

Ok if I spray them with water and ISO mix what will that do with the Trichome? would I still tell when to harvest..?
Once sprayed and before it dry's can a person use there blow dryer to dry the plants? Having it far enough back with out harming the leafs with the heat?
I can put it outside at night while it cold but I would have to bring it back into the house before day lite and the lite come on at 7 am..

I will try the neem oil first, what it taste like when smoked?

I Believe I read that you don't want to introduce anything the last 2 weeks of flower...I will let you know on the 2 I have in flower now I treated them every other day up untill 3rd week..and Have not seena trace...Good Luck My Friend..KeepN it GREEN.:D

4u2smoke said:
I Believe I read that you don't want to introduce anything the last 2 weeks of flower...I will let you know on the 2 I have in flower now I treated them every other day up untill 3rd week..and Have not seena trace...Good Luck My Friend..KeepN it GREEN.:D

What the time line between cloudy trichome to amber?

Flyinghigh said:
What the time line between cloudy trichome to amber?
that is totally, plant/strain/pheno' related. Though dj's article on the resource page, does give some helpfull information on the "harvesting window", in general.

Neem oil and Einstein oil are nasty tasting..
You can shower/wash them off, to some extent. Then dry them in front of a fan. You simply aren't going to get them all, t this point. Just do your best to reduce the number that you are going to be smoking.
Outdoor plants seldom encounter a "serious" mite problem for several reasons. Wind, rain, cold, natural predators, ect. the list goes on. But indoors, you have created an ideal breeding/living condition for them, without the natural deterants.

Hick said:
that is totally, plant/strain/pheno' related. Though dj's article on the resource page, does give some helpfull information on the "harvesting window", in general.

Neem oil and Einstein oil are nasty tasting..
You can shower/wash them off, to some extent. Then dry them in front of a fan. You simply aren't going to get them all, t this point. Just do your best to reduce the number that you are going to be smoking.
Outdoor plants seldom encounter a "serious" mite problem for several reasons. Wind, rain, cold, natural predators, ect. the list goes on. But indoors, you have created an ideal breeding/living condition for them, without the natural deterants.

Neem oil and einstein oil are nasty when smoke maybe that what wrong with the crap I get around the corner store...
Well those darn little ceature has to go some way and stay away..

Thanks Hicks ! I just got to pull my hair out when the lights come on at 7 this morning..

Has anyone tried "tabacco tea"
if you smoke cigs it shouldn't bother you too much.
The nicotene will wipe out your mites in no time .Just don't eat it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back