16 oz. plastic cup grow - who wants in????

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey TBG, I think we should put a little something in the rules...just as a reminder to some new peeps that this is more of an advanced method of growing. If at any time things get out of control for you guys, be prepared for a quick transplant to a bigger pot.;) Just imagining a new grower out there with their expensive beans that just arrived and no experience.

Eman:ccc:

this sounds so interesting. i definitely want in. i'm currently wrapping up my previous grow so this will work rather nicely. i'll wait for the new thread for a definite answer and to post my plant's info. And Good Luck to all!

HGB said:
can I play to? :D

where's the new thread at?' I'm ready now with one above soil under 1680 watts of light :headbang:
Well, mmmmm, huh yes you can play. :D

DLtoker said:
Let The Games Begin! I have some lowryders that just started in the cups a week ago, but I could start an Apollo 11 or Swazi Redbeard? Which do you think? I guess there aren't any real "rules" to this are there other than the cup size right?

Swazi bro:D , nice choice.:aok:

TBG i was sceptic about using MG but i got a question for you those time realese soils are not to strong at the begginig??

brouli said:
TBG i was sceptic about using MG but i got a question for you those time realese soils are not to strong at the begginig??

I have never used it but I would probably say add some perlite and vermiculite and seed starter or something to deaden it just abit. I think it works better out of the bag with clones. At any rate, don't feed them in veg.:p

I personally would buy anything but Miracle Grow/Scotts.....but to each his own...

All i know is that I have seen plants grown by Dandaweedman over on yahooka.com in freaking 16 oz cups that were ridiculous.... I know that he had to do alot of root trimmings though to keep em that way, but plant yeild and potency were not effected at all...

of course Dan is a weed growing mad genious too lol.. anyways This sounds fun yall I'll pull up a chair and watch.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
All i know is that I have seen plants grown by Dandaweedman over on yahooka.com in freaking 16 oz cups that were ridiculous.... I know that he had to do alot of root trimmings though to keep em that way, but plant yeild and potency were not effected at all...

of course Dan is a weed growing mad genious too lol.. anyways This sounds fun yall I'll pull up a chair and watch.

I moved your post over here, pretty sure TBG wants to keep discussion in this thread.

And we have a mad yeilding genious solo cup grower here too. His name is HGB.

Elephant Man said:
Hey TBG, I think we should put a little something in the rules...just as a reminder to some new peeps that this is more of an advanced method of growing. If at any time things get out of control for you guys, be prepared for a quick transplant to a bigger pot.;) Just imagining a new grower out there with their expensive beans that just arrived and no experience.

Okay Eman this sounds like you're describing me. This will officially be my 2nd grow. My first are 2+ weeks into flower and thriving away.

What are the 'watch outs' for the newbies in terms of growing in a 16 oz cup? I assume its going to get horribly root bound. Will it ever produce bud? Will it be like a japanese bonsai where everything is minature?

I'm counting on beginners luck to get me thru this. ;)

Rehab

Rehab is for Quitters said:

Rehab

Haha I hear ya. Who know's how this is going to pan out. I'm only two weeks into my first soil grow...:rolleyes:

Rehab is for Quitters said:
Okay Eman this sounds like you're describing me. This will officially be my 2nd grow. My first are 2+ weeks into flower and thriving away.

What are the 'watch outs' for the newbies in terms of growing in a 16 oz cup? I assume its going to get horribly root bound. Will it ever produce bud? Will it be like a japanese bonsai where everything is minature?

Rehab

I wasn't speaking of anyone in particular bro, just thought that many may want to follow the more basic tips for their first grow. If this was your first time growing, I would say a solocup is good for about a week.:p

More food in a larger area is obviously safer and easier. Roots will stray from 'hot' zones if they can till later in maturity.

Feeding a tiny cup like this requires full understanding of her needs, there is very little room for error.

I would have to agree with my bro and teacher HGB and say that I too am confused as to what the term 'rootbound' is supposed to mean. I personally think it is all in the grower's head.:p In my experience, if you give her what she needs, she will not build nearly as large a root system. This requires dilligence and feeding several times a day in flower in many cases, I would also recommend feeding from the bottom.

Anyway, you see how it probably is not the way to go unless you are pretty sure you have a grasp on exactly what is in your cup, how often to water/feed, and how to fix deficiencies...because they come on fast and strong when they do.

If anyone feels qualified or just has some bagseed and wants to try for fun, please post your mix here and I will offer advice if you like.

I grow organic but I will make an honest attempt to help anyone try with whatever you got, even synthetic.

The reason why is because many do not want to attempt the complexities of recycling soil and by using solo cup we are reducing unnecessary waste and as many of you know...I am all for that.:aok:

Eman, Would you recommend a hotter mix or something without as many organic additives in the soil for a small medium like this?

DLtoker said:
Eman, Would you recommend a hotter mix or something without as many organic additives in the soil for a small medium like this?

I saw your mix if that's what your talking about. Are your measurements for the cup or for a gallon of soil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back