16 oz. plastic cup grow - who wants in????

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you will be fine ;). I like your mix actually.:aok:

I'm in on this! Is there a time limit or any rules? and how do I win??? :D

Great idea TBG!

Elephant Man said:
I wasn't speaking of anyone in particular bro, just thought that many may want to follow the more basic tips for their first grow. If this was your first time growing, I would say a solocup is good for about a week.:p

More food in a larger area is obviously safer and easier. Roots will stray from 'hot' zones if they can till later in maturity.

Feeding a tiny cup like this requires full understanding of her needs, there is very little room for error.

I would have to agree with my bro and teacher HGB and say that I too am confused as to what the term 'rootbound' is supposed to mean. I personally think it is all in the grower's head.:p In my experience, if you give her what she needs, she will not build nearly as large a root system. This requires dilligence and feeding several times a day in flower in many cases, I would also recommend feeding from the bottom.

Anyway, you see how it probably is not the way to go unless you are pretty sure you have a grasp on exactly what is in your cup, how often to water/feed, and how to fix deficiencies...because they come on fast and strong when they do.

Don't get me wrong Eman...I wasn't taking anything personally, just acknowledging that I barely know *** I'm doing ;) . But I've never been one to turn down a challenge, so even tho most of you guys are experienced growers, I'm jumping into the game. I think it'll be a good learning experience--the worst thing that could happen is I kill a seed.

Anyway, IF my grow should survive in this 16oz cup, what kind of buds would you expect? My mom used to grow bonsai plants way back when and once she bonsai-ed a pepper plant and got these tiny little peppers. Will the buds be tiny? (if my plant makes it that far, that is):confused:

Rehab

Rehab is for Quitters said:
Don't get me wrong Eman...I wasn't taking anything personally, just acknowledging that I barely know *** I'm doing ;) . But I've never been one to turn down a challenge, so even tho most of you guys are experienced growers, I'm jumping into the game. I think it'll be a good learning experience--the worst thing that could happen is I kill a seed.

Anyway, IF my grow should survive in this 16oz cup, what kind of buds would you expect? My mom used to grow bonsai plants way back when and once she bonsai-ed a pepper plant and got these tiny little peppers. Will the buds be tiny? (if my plant makes it that far, that is):confused:

Rehab

I am gonna bet we will see a little of everything. I can tell you though, HGB's will be pretty incredible. Look at his grow journal for pics of a few he has done.

Im in. Lets see what happens. I will do white widow in the cup.

Do you guys put holes @ the bottom of the cups?I have a strain from St.Vincent germinating right now>I'll put 2 of them in 16 OZ'ers and join in :)

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
Do you guys put holes @ the bottom of the cups?I have a strain from St.Vincent germinating right now>I'll put 2 of them in 16 OZ'ers and join in :)
Yup put yourself 4 or 5 drain holes at the bottom. Be sure and list what kind of soil, lights, nutes, ect. ;) I'm gonna delete this after you see it.

Come on Eman and Stoney Bud join in on the fun. How about you Hick? :rolleyes: :D

..I may have to dig thru a "bago'brown"...see if I can find a seed...:rofl: :rofl:
err maybe I can find one under the floormat in my truck..;)

Hick said:
..I may have to dig thru a "bago'brown"...see if I can find a seed...:rofl: :rofl:
err maybe I can find one under the floormat in my truck..;)

:yay:

Sorry, I missed your post TBG.:eek: To be honest with you guys, I have been looking for a cup.:rolleyes: I know it sounds silly, but I try to be as efficient as possible with my grow and really didn't want to buy a cup. I have been micro-growing for a while now, I use 4" disposable pots I got at my local nursery for free, I have a dozen or so of those going right now.

No worries, gonna go for another walk today and maybe ask another neighbor...I will find a cup somewhere. At any rate I will catchup anyway because mine will probably be born in flower.;)

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Yup put yourself 4 or 5 drain holes at the bottom. Be sure and list what kind of soil, lights, nutes, ect. ;) I'm gonna delete this after you see it.

go for 7-8 1/4 inch holes ;) come flower time you will be glad you did :)

peace

HGB said:
go for 7-8 1/4 inch holes ;) come flower time you will be glad you did :)

peace
um if i put 7 or 8 1/4 inch holes on my 16oz cup there will be no bottom lol

16 oz cup 007.jpg

Sticky_Budz said:
um if i put 7 or 8 1/4 inch holes on my 16oz cup there will be no bottom lol

sure there will be.... wouldnt say to do it if there wasnt room :)

mine all have 9 holes in them like this one ;)

DSCF2707.JPG

HGB said:
sure there will be.... wouldnt say to do it if there wasnt room :)

mine all have 9 holes in them like this one ;)
lol i wasnt saying that u couldnt do it lol. just my 16oz cup is a coffee cup its not like the plastic 16oz keg cups i have to get one lol this cup is tall and slim if i put 8 1/4 inch holes i will have no bottom lol

Bud of the month 014.jpg

Bud of the month 013.jpg

So I soaked my bean last night, a snazzleberry2 from chimera seeds, and put them into the cup today with black gold soil and a layer of stone on the bottom for drainage. No bean pop but thats ok. First time growing this strain so I'm curious to see what's gonna happen.

Here's what I plan on using for neuts.

For Growth:
AN sensigrow 1&2
AN Sensizyme
Liquid Karma

For Blooming:
Metanaturals Bloom
dried seaweed extract
AN Carbo load
AN Sensizyme
Beasty Bloomz
Liquid Karma

And 3 weeks before harvest:
Alternating Purple max and gravity with 1/3-1/2 strenght neuts (same as above for blooming)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back