16 oz. plastic cup grows

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
caribbean_smoker_20 said:
^^x2.Everyone's plants look awesome!I always thought a plant wouldn't grow if the roots had nowhere else to go..what about the 1.gal/ft rule?

Its not a dead rule, but its not a rule in stone either. Just a good guideline for beginners to go by.

The trick is nutrition, and that the plant will not outgrow its root system.
Start 2 plants, one in a solo and one in a 1 gallon pot. They'll stay neck and neck the first 2 weeks, but by week 3-4 the one in the 1 gallon will surpass the other in lateral growth and upward growth. In the end, it will out yeild the solo cup plant.

I tried relying on solo cups in flower only to be greatly dissappointed with the final yields (roughly 6-9 grams per plant). Now, if a solo goes into flower its a spike. I consider a spike a single cola plant and find that putting 1 into flower every now and then is a nice little surprise to the normal cycle.

Whats up, good to see everyones plants comin on. Been about 10 or 11 days since my last update. She is quite demanding when it comes to being fed now. Quite a bit of leaf yellowing, and a lot of the fan leaves have fallen off. Will be interesting to see how long more it can go.
Thanks to TBG for starting this thread :aok:

View attachment 25015 View attachment 25016

My buds look pathetic next to that. ^^^ Nice job Runbyhemp.

I guess LEDs are not ready for prime time. They have gotten a little bigger, but no where near where they could be.

Would it be "legal" for me to start another cup and grow it under my HPS?

Here are my pictures for this week. This is the end of Week 6 under the LEDs and 12/12 (58 days total since surfacing).

WSF6a.jpg

WSF6b.jpg

WSF6c.jpg

AlienBait said:

let it flower out i say :) real nice look'n girl there

:48:

AlienBait said:
My buds look pathetic next to that. ^^^ Nice job Runbyhemp.

I guess LEDs are not ready for prime time. They have gotten a little bigger, but no where near where they could be.

Here are my pictures for this week. This is the end of Week 6 under the LEDs and 12/12 (58 days total since surfacing).

your buds may not be big bug they look damn sweet vary frosty. maybe LED's can mak the plant make more trichs. i'd like to see a grow with them and a HID it may be nice

This isn't my grow but here is a grower that had the same idea as you guys, except he did multiple cups.

16ozGrow.jpg

Runbyhemp said:
Whats up, good to see everyones plants comin on. Been about 10 or 11 days since my last update. She is quite demanding when it comes to being fed now. Quite a bit of leaf yellowing, and a lot of the fan leaves have fallen off. Will be interesting to see how long more it can go.
Thanks to TBG for starting this thread :aok:

Incredible plant Runbyhemp! You've given me an idea for a hydro system using small growing chamber addons.

Your plant shows that you've put a lot of personal care into it.

Outstanding results!!!!!! Bravo! Bravo!

Runbyhemp your plant looks amazing :aok:
So heres my update this week.
my plant still looks a bit yellow, i think because iv'e had it under 12/12 from birth so its used what goodness there is in the leaves quickly
i bought a new 400w digital hps and i'm putting it under that as from tomorrow
heres some more pics ;)

okay well delilah my blueberry plant from sensi is well on her way to healthy woman hood... and she is growing so fast... i'll update soon

baby plant.JPG

Once again, thanks for the comments.

Yes Stoney, I have put a lot of care into it. My better half says that my plants are better fed than ourselves , lol. I would say that everyone here has cared a lot for their plants, perhaps I just got lucky with the strain.

I think growing one of these in hydro would work very well. I water mine at 8 in the evening when lights come on. By midnight it has to be fed again.

If I were truly dedicated I would be getting up about 4 in the morning to do it again. Unfortunately, I work hard and love my sleep so it's not gonna happen right now. That wouldn't be an issue with hydro.

I have learned so much because of this 16oz cup. I am really starting to get the "feel" for it and am beginning to know what the plant wants and when she wants it.

Because of this thread, my future grows will benefit greatly.

HGB said:
let it flower out i say :) real nice look'n girl there

O.K., I 'll keep it going. Thanks. :D

BluntFullOfKush said:
your buds may not be big bug they look damn sweet vary frosty. maybe LED's can mak the plant make more trichs. i'd like to see a grow with them and a HID it may be nice

I might have to do an experiment and try that out. I'll supliment one of my plants growing under the HPS with a few LEDs and see what happens. It will have to wait until my next grow, though.

Just to see what would happen, I made a little change in the setup. I moved the LEDs so that only one of the four lights is focused on the buds and the other three are pointing at the leaves. Suprisingly, my bud doubled in size since last week. :clap:

Here are my pictures for this week. This is the end of Week 7 under the LEDs and 12/12 (65 days total since surfacing).

WSF8a.jpg

WSF8b.jpg

WSF8c.jpg

WSF8d.jpg

WSF8f.jpg

i really like that last pic there, how the light shine on it NICE only if that waz the real color of the plant

Damn alien your buds are looking so nice and frosty. And you're only using those 4 small led fixtures. I'm sure if you had one of those 7 piece sets that has the bigger fixtures your plant would be doing even better. Looks great though dude.

I think I'm going to buy a 600w hps system because I know it'll work...but I also want to buy a couple of those 7 piece systems and experiment with those.

10 days since my last update. She is still very much alive. At this stage, nearly all fan leaves have yellowed and fallen off.

It is now the 16 oz ticking time bomb. I'm probably going to give her one more week, and then she is going to be harvested.

Nice plants you got there AlienBait and Herbijesus. :aok:

View attachment 25656 View attachment 25657

Runbyhemp said:
10 days since my last update. She is still very much alive. At this stage, nearly all fan leaves have yellowed and fallen off.

A very nice plant Runbyhemp!

How long have you been flowering now?

Thanks, BluntFullOfKush, LaserKittensGoPewPew, and Runbyhemp. My plant is still going strong.

Seems like we lost a few people along the way....:(

I am a couple days late on my update, but here it is. I've probably got 2 more weeks before I chop. It is looking better every day. :)

WSF9a.jpg

WSF9c1.jpg

WSF9b1.jpg

albasketball3424 said:
Started mine a couple of days ago but haven't had time to post
1.Some danky seed i got in my bag(has northen lights in it)
2. Hyponex soil(bought at sears
3. jobes fertilizer spikes(can only spray h2o bc plant is in my chamelion tank
4. germination-cup of water
5. veg lightning- 60 w
6. flowering-not sure yet

I should have pictures up sometime soon to. gl all

Does the chamelion not eat the plant? Or pee on it at least or something? Or does he just leave it alone?

And you all have very nice plants! Good luck!

~Metalchick

Hi everyone
I've chopped my plant early, cus all the leaves had dropped and it looked a bit like bud on a stick. All the triches were cloudy so it should be alright.
The main bud was 6.8g and a total of 11.6g
heres a few more pics ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back