1st time trying to grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marley420

No Woman No Cry
Reaction score
Hi,
So im new to the forum, and this will be my first attmept to EVER grow MJ.. so im actually pretty psyched about it... I could use a little extra knowlede though.. I've been looking through the forum and see many different answers, and id like to know what the best would be for my situation....

1. The seeds are being germinated right now, followed a germinating guide on here
2. I will be growing in a homemade growbox and I have CPU fans installed into the growbox.
3. I will only be planting like 1-2 plants because it will only be for persinal use and I honestly dont need that much bud since i wont be selling it.
4. What would be the best lighting to use.. i heard flourisent is good for veg, but what wattage ( i need a smaller size bulb) box is kinda small.
5. What soil would be best? I have potting soil in the garage, but i dont know if this will do the trick...

thanks all in advance... sould have researched more before posting, sorry everyone...

I would get some cool / warm CFL's if i were you, have tried CFL's myself but it would probibly work out better than Fluros, and they saved alot of space , myself I use a switchable 400watt HPS sodium Combo , I used MH for Vegg and HPS for flower, I had 3 plants and it was my first grow , they grew 33-37 inches tall , and i yeilded 6 Oz's it was awsome

I just want to grow one plant... nothing huge like a forest.. haha... I rigged up a gorw box, and like I said now I just need a small light that will do the trick.... 33-37 inches?! 6oz's? shittt... haha.. Only reason im working in a small space is because I need to hide it...

hmm what area do you have for your grow area?

Do you have all bases covered for if/when your plant(s) start smelling?

Well if its 5X5X5 hmm I donno what I would do with an odd # like that...maybe make a divider for veg and a bloom chamber...ekk hmm maybe 2' for the veg'n then what is left for bloom'n...heck maybe a mobile divider for veg and bloom??? ..bummer you dont have more height or I would make an upper and lower grow area for each stage.

On lights...well it depends...check out the light posts. Personally I am going with cfl's on all sides and halos on the top. I may even make a blocker for my clones so that they dont get halo light untill they can stand on their own.

The guy(s) at [SIZE=-1]www.htgsupply.com are really cool. They gave me spare bulbs for the t5's I got... ..really neat to get enough spare bulbs to replace 1/2 of my bulbs when they go bad. Course among other things I got 4 racks from them so far. I think the price is down there with the lowest of the Co.'s out there for the t5's (not all their stuff is a good deal, but keep in mind they do give bonuses like the bulbs IF and only IF you ask for the discounts though).
[/SIZE]
Ahh wanna deal with smells ehh? hmm there are many options...I forget but I bet there is a topic for ventilation. There are many choices....charcoal....Ion filter units...etc...etc. If smells are bad I would do a dual system...just like how I am combine'n lights. I may do coal and ion.

I have yet to decide how I will filter my smells....as I am to busy work'n on everything prior to scents....heck I will have fans...a/c..etc...etc..so that will be a minor thing to figure out how to fit into my system.

hey Blind....no prob in share'n what I think and all.

Over all its up to you though. Hey maybe 5' is just right if you want to have a handfull of plants to raise at a time....or maybe you just want more room than most would for a couple... ..or maybe dealing with a veg and bloom stage at the same time maybe to much??

Grow'n will be work. It will not just work be work on reading &/or talk'n to others. ..if you look at plants in some ways they are alive.... ...its just a persons perspective on what kind of life and what they need.

Course some claim the plants talk and listen.... ....no big supprise specially with pot...but the stories that trip me out are the ones where the plants jump out of their medium and walk off on their own. :eek:

Since he is just going to be growing one plant, it isn't really neccessary to have two chambers. I reccomend you get some CFL's. You can use those for Veg and Flower and if you decide to upgrade to HPS you wont be out much.

ohh sheez my read'n skills.

Yep 5' is more than enough for 1-2 plants.

Sorry bout that.

Thanks for the posts and help, I thanked everyone aswell who posted, but my mom found the plant and yelled at me to put it outside haha... so a couple days ago I got it used to the sunlight and everything and she/he is growing perfectly. thanks again

WoW Dude,
Your Mom busts you, and says put it outside ? Yeah I could live with that, LOL . Man my folks would have come undone, although I did once drop a hoober out of my shirt pocket, and Mom just handed it to me, never said a word, I sweated that one, but that was many moons ago.
So are you going to do an outdoor stealth grow now ? This place is great for learning all kinds of healthy growth information, and some of these folks are brilliant in the stealth department. Almost makes you want to place your grow on the front steps of a police station Ha-Ha.
Well anyways good luck and keep us updated huh ??
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Latest posts

Back