This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been a pleasure watching your grow. With outdoor you just have to take them, when the weather makes you. There is always the "leave a third of the plant to see if it will Amber up" or move one in a tote under your awning while it rains. One year I had a little Granddaddy purple that I used a hand truck to move in and outside every day. It was definitely worth the effort. Probably the most Amber I ever got on a plant.

We have my daughter coming up this weekend, gonna take at least one here. We have very little Amber. Got to take them when you have to take them. I think third week in October was the latest we have ever finished. Xcepting that grand purple I mentioned. Ah, that was some couch lock smoke.

Was a grand season, can't wait to see what next summer brings.

TC, i was wishing the LA's were in pots. We have hauled nordle around on a hand truck all summer, she couldn't take the heat. Do you think they grow when the temps are under 60? Do you think they ripen? Should i take everything but the LA's and cover them and put a heater out there??? Talk to me please.

I love your grows every year. Thank you so much for being here. You are a good friend.

PFrom what I understand, marijuana stops growing under 46f. That does not mean that it will not grow as the temps warm up during the day. I always put my plants out when my overnight temps are above 46f in May. The cooler temps in the winter make the plants change color, like the purples I get. A frost is not gonna kill them. A freeze will kill them. The frozen parts will die and turn brown. When I say frost, I mean temps that are early morning temps. A freeze will turn outside water to ice, as an example. I do not cover if the forecast is above 32f. Where we are our average frost dates are May 31 and September 1. It is normal for us to get frosts while we are harvesting in October. We watch the weather closely.

As for rain, if you cover the plants, then uncover to let them dry out. Or leave them covered. though when we cover ours for day after day, mr. TC makes sure they are not touching the tarp and the rain os not coming in on the sides much. We have lost bud to bud rot on plants that got wet near the outside. We have left the tarp on during the days even when the sun came out. As our sun lowers here it was hitting them I the late afternoon.

I hope this helps you out. This is the reason early ripeness is a must here, we barely get 8 weeks to flower without frost threatened. Every day we can get into October makes the smoke that much better. I have four plants that are not showing much cloudy trichs. I am still committed to take the ripest on Friday. And maybe another. We have to start here. I have to have it off the screens by October 29. I don't know if we will have help again this year like last year. We can get it done. To think last year at this time I could barely make it up the stairs. I'm feeling so much better this harvest, no doubt we can get it done.

I don't think you need a heater. Forgot to address that.

Rose that is epic..... Be aware there are more rains coming this weekend..

Thank you TC, and Cane.. The plants have been covered all day as it is raining. Hmmm I had no idea your first date of frost was Sept. That amazes me as you are south of me.. but maybe you are up high. It is a wonder you can do it... wow. I guess I could try it and just keep those two plants going. See, how you make me think about better ways? Thank you. Our first date of frost now is usually 10-17.

I haven't seen a lot of change in the last week on the LAs maybe I will this week. We are supposed to be 75 tomorrow..
I am glad you are so much better than last year. YOu rock.

when it gets cooler and wetter.. i find they really push to finish. like they know their time is limited. don't pack on much weight, but do speed up maturity it seems to me.
JMO ;)

and yeah; batten the hatches.. dunno if you guys are supposed to get hit, but we got a good-un heading to the coast ;) :(

I agree kaotic. Here the nights cool temps is gonna be pushing mine. Keep a close eye on them Rose.

just an awesome grow Rose. It has been great watching. I am harvesting and trimming today. Just stopping by for coffee and dube. It has been a fine summer on this site with you and Hamster. thanks

What an epic outdoor grow Rose, this will be one for the books as your plant count will go down next year, but this years was epic. I always love OD grows and yours has been a pleasure to follow.

From the perspective of a Southern boy, its fascinating to watch you grow such a epic season.
Your going to be so beat by the time your done.
Way to go Rose.

been unusually quiet the last few days.. i know what someone's busy doing ;) :D
chop chop chop -toke-

hope it's going well and the back and hands are holding up :)

Hi guys, what a finish.. I had six helpers on Saturday. On saturday night it started raining so we got the tarps up. Than at about 9 pm the winds hit 60 mph gusts and tore the tarps off the fence. They were screwed on with big washers.. So it was wind and tornado's. One of the guys was navy and evidently knew about batting down the hatches. I held on to the 2 LA Confids and wondered how long i could do that. I told them to take the rest of the garden and hang it in the shed.... So I have a couple of plants out there but everything else is harvested. The LA's will come down friday. ready or not. I think they will be ready.
Kaotik, you were absolutely right.. they are hurrying up with this weather. 46 degrees this week but 70 during the day. So they have 5 days to finish before the another rain and wind come this weekend.

That HUGE drying rack was the best thing ever TCBUD!!!! THANK YOU.
The salad spinner never stopped.. Trim in boxes...

Yarddog, Kraven, i am so glad you enjoyed this grow. It has been a lot of fun and a lot of work and worry. However, I think a lot of folks will be having some medicine this year and I will be a speedy girl with what i grew for me. I am loving the LA's too. I dried a bud and they are going to be all I hoped for. Thank you special person that sent me the seeds.
Thanks guys for hanging out with me. if anyone wants pic's i can do that, just ask.

I want to see the picture that shows the 15 foot pile of bud.

Way to go Rose. Very good. One for the scrapbook

Wow such an energy drain to see all the girls down....sure do miss them.

The yard sure looks empty.. Those plants look so lush,"Beautiful"

Latest posts

Back