3 Part Q

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cass

Reaction score
I have 5 kids going outside. Two are femenized Silver Haze and are only 3 weeks old. The other 3 were bagseed and are now about 60 days. My indica showed to be female for the last 3 weeks that it has been flowering. Suddenly its showing hermi. Its more fem than male as of yet but I dunno what's going to happen there, so I moved the herm and my 3rd kid(which clearly is a dude) out into the yard approx 50 ft away from my other plants. My first question is, can my ladies get pollenated from the sacks at that distance? I truly don't want my last of the first batch that is female to go herm on me, and certainly don't want to risk issues with the femmed silver haze. I would just trash them but its my first grow and I haven't had a chance to see things through. I'd like to just clip the nuts off the herm and see how it does..... Any advice from the all knowing????

yes they could possibly get pollinated at that distances esp if the winds blowing in that direction

but you could try clipping of the balls as you see them ,,but there may be some pretty well hidden in the buds once the start flowering that you wont catch intime ,,,,

imo if you have 3 ladies left ,,,,either bin the hermie and definatley the male ,,,or take the shemale to a tottaly diff location and let it do its thing ,,with the frequent sack trimming

:peace:

Understanding your desire to "see things through".. but it's said the wind born mj pollen, can pollinate fems a mile away. .."IMO" it simply isn't worth the risk to keep the herm' around for sure.
If the male accidentaly pollinates your plants, at least you have decent seeds from your depleted yield. But the hermie pollen will produce hermi prone/worse than useless seeds. AND if you don't get rid of it, you'll never know which plant did the pollinating.
Now.. if you have a nickle to go with that, you've yourself 7 cents..;)

IMO, it is'nt a smart move to ever keep a hermie. You'll never get anything worth having from one. As to keeping pure males, unless your conducting a breeding program kill them off. My point of view on this is that hermies and males generally provide little benifit that is'nt out-wieghted by the risk of having them around. The risks being spoilage of your females, and if in the unfortunate event of a bust you will be charged for having males even though they are worthless as an ennebriant.
Just my 2 cents, take care and be safe.

do you compost?

worm food dude/dudette.

remember the birds, and the bees? it only takes one fly-by, and your SH is hit. compost it now. unless you want a seed run, of course...Irish...

Alright peeps, I must face the sad truth and bring death upon all that is male/partially male. I know where to get good seeds and I'm not breeding so it must go down. A moment of silence for C-1 & C-3(the names my 6yr old little girl gave the 'tomatoes').

We all have to do it sometime. You will get over it and now you can give extra luvin to those remaining plants.

you did the right thing cass.;) .

i hated to do it the first time too, being it was a strong plant. now, it's not a problem whatsoever.

it gets easier with time.

burned a fatty in honor of your first beheading. lol. lol.

Haha thanks Irish. They were pretty strong too.......3 gallon pots with roots from top to bottom. Felt better choppin them up and throwing them into the compost as opposed to the trash at least. And my last of the first crop is currently showing female, at about 3ft just now flowering. I have High hopes for her if ya hear me. Silver Haze kids are already at 13in topped(3 weeks in veg) so they're lookin strong, and no more potential pollen around. Thanks to everyone for helping me let go! lol

Latest posts

Back