3rd week of flowering,should i have changed my lights as well?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Ganja

Learning to Cultivate
Reaction score
i have changed my light cycle,but i was wondering should i change my lighting as well?i currenty use 23 watt sunlight spiral light bulbs from home depot,should i change them to increase yield?if so wat lights should i change to

well ideally a hps.
But if your sticking to cfls, how many are you currently running?

sunlight is the bulb you want for flower.....but i use 120w cfls, and 150w cfls....and a 70hps.....and im stepping upto a 400w hps for last month of flower.....

but ya need to know how many ur running now

i have 3 27 watt sunlight bulbs that im running right now.im also preparing to redo my growroom,i have other items in my closet,but i will be taking everything out and dedicating that whole closet to flowering.i also wanna put a white piece of cardboard arouynd the base of my plants,will that help to reflect light under the leaves?

Yo Ho Philly,
Right off the batt forget the cardboard, a fire hazard period, and when you least expect it. There isn't any bud on this planet that is worth cooking your place. Well maybe one or two strains, LOL
Second, don't do white under your plant as a weird thing happens. The white under your grow will trigger a response in your plant that will start it stretching upwards. a false compitition for the light up above.
Third, with both vegging and flowering, and what you want for light, it all comes down to Lumens, those sneaky little devils, LOL seriously it is all about the Lumens, the more the Lumens the more the growth, or flowering. The deal is that the more light you got the temp starts to go up too. Then you start a new world of having to vent away the higher temps. CFL's are much cooler, and an HPS bulb is expensive and a whole lot hotter, But I cannot say which is best for you, you will have to determine that one. There are advantages, and disadvantages to all of it.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

thanx man.im probably ok with wat i have. imma just change the grow closet around a little to make the plants a lil more comfortable..than=x

Latest posts

Back