a harvest timing question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newgrowth

Reaction score
It's my first harvest and i'm trying to get it right, so I appoligize this subject has been beat to death but...I know i'm getting close here, I'm right at 8 weeks now, and I still can't seem to get a good steady look at the tri's , I'm using a handheld RS special. I've been checking small clipped leafs from the buds everyday, It looks like the small balls, of the good variety, are starting to turn cloudy, is looking at the leaves a good enough indicator? Also I know 60/40 is a good benchmark, so am I to assume that when 60 % of the balls are clear and 40 % are cloudy thats the time to chop ?

Nope a little early there. Make sury ou have hand held microscope that has at least 30x power. Looking at the leaves are some things people prefer, i prefer to look at the trichs on the calyx's. the color are the trichs depends on a personal high preference.

you have stage clear, cloudy and amber then black. Black is never good you go there and your bud can be useless. if all were almost amber it'd be a heavy couch locking high. If all were clear it'd be the purest THC content possible but NOT the most potent. i like to have a head buz with a nice body buzz so i harvest at 50-60 amber and 50-40 cloudy. But you're on track bro, good luck and i hope you get some great bud :hubba:

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Latest posts

Back