A.k.a. Greenybeanymeany Grow #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's happened for over 12 hours to me before... I have generators that I WILL hook up if 24 hours without power occurs, which has in years past.. but haven't had to yet. :)

Definitely put stuff away... make it EASY to tell there's nothing going on there. These are the reasons I wouldn't be able to have built a box. If you build into your space, you can not easily remove it, but at least with a tent you can break that down in 10 darn minutes.

Creating your own space is EPIC and a fun process. I'm going to be partaking in that soon myself. Framing, drywall, white paint, built in Mini Split A/C etc etc. But, I own my home, and this area is away from my main area, so I'm situational.

Break stuff down, and take a nice breath and think about it. :)

It's happened for over 12 hours to me before... I have generators that I WILL hook up if 24 hours without power occurs, which has in years past.. but haven't had to yet. :)

Definitely put stuff away... make it EASY to tell there's nothing going on there. These are the reasons I wouldn't be able to have built a box. If you build into your space, you can not easily remove it, but at least with a tent you can break that down in 10 darn minutes.

Creating your own space is EPIC and a fun process. I'm going to be partaking in that soon myself. Framing, drywall, white paint, built in Mini Split A/C etc etc. But, I own my home, and this area is away from my main area, so I'm situational.

Break stuff down, and take a nice breath and think about it. :)
Yeah, this definitely pushes me away from the idea of building a box lol. Glad you brought that up, I didn't even think about that. Well time to get ready for a tent. What do you suppose I could section it off with? Zem said cardboard, and with it being led, I'm not too opposed, but I may just separate with windshield reflectors. Idk

And that would suck!! Id be screwed. I should probably look into a generator lol

You can partition it with a slew of various things. Cardboard with Mylar wrapped and taped on may be your best bet. Just remember, after you get ventilation and tent, that... you can save up another $170 and get another light! Then, you can run two plants in a 2x4...

Why in tarnation is it so impossible to find a 2x2x7 I sure don't know. Maybe your best bet is to use the shed until you move? Or just get a 2x4. Hopefully, you check specs on whatever one...

You can partition it with a slew of various things. Cardboard with Mylar wrapped and taped on may be your best bet. Just remember, after you get ventilation and tent, that... you can save up another $170 and get another light! Then, you can run two plants in a 2x4...

Why in tarnation is it so impossible to find a 2x2x7 I sure don't know. Maybe your best bet is to use the shed until you move? Or just get a 2x4. Hopefully, you check specs on whatever one...
I know! Google only pulls up a shop in California that has one for 90-100 but they haven't responded to my emails on if they will ship or not. I don't think they will. It would be awesome if they did.

I was thinking cardboard wrapped in mylar.. Whether it be emergency blanket or a few windshield reflectors cut and glued/taped. I also wonder if I would be able to either switch bars or take out a few to make it 24x24. It probably wouldn't work out as well as my mind thinks lol.

But yes! Definitely, more lights and more plants.

BTW, the last time I was at Walmart I was scouting out some supplies and taking mental notes on tubs to use for your DIY dwc set up. :) I'm really looking forward to going that route

No, do NOT mess with the integrity of the internal structure of your tent. :p

Hah, I remember getting excited going in Walmart, looking at pumps and totes :rofl:

It's an ODD excitement! hah

Hey there schoolboy :) I think that the windshield reflectors with mylar is hard to put in place, i imagine it will be all duct tape and not neat, you would be cutting and taping, the sort of things newbies go into. Even though cardboard might sound like the cheapest crappiest way to do it, if you do it right, it is neat and easy. all you need is a neat frame to screw and glue the cardboard, thats how i do it, i use the awesome invention of PVA glue, just thin it a little with wanter and a brush and paint it to the frame, then i screw the cardboard with tiny 1/4" screws just to hold it, after the pva dries, this bond becomes unbreakable. If I have some gaps that have light leaks, I just use pva with paper strips glued to the cardboard, i paint black from the outside, white from inside, it becomes like a neat plastered corner lol I don't understand why you would prefer mylar glued to it rather than simply painting it white? The thing is, I work in renovation and waterproofing as profession, and find the DIY easy and cheap, if done right, you can save most of your money for equipment. i don't consider myself cheap at all, looking into my equipment, i have HPS and fluros, timers and pumps, wiring and plugs, dehumidifier, etc... all are high quality stuff, that dehumidifier, runs about 4 months/year 24/7, for 7-8 years, never had to do a thing other than simply wash the air filter, and it still produces the same amounts of water as when it was new. i was able to get them because i save wherever i can and put my money on things that matter for the plants' health

Hey there schoolboy :) I think that the windshield reflectors with mylar is hard to put in place, i imagine it will be all duct tape and not neat, you would be cutting and taping, the sort of things newbies go into. Even though cardboard might sound like the cheapest crappiest way to do it, if you do it right, it is neat and easy. all you need is a neat frame to screw and glue the cardboard, thats how i do it, i use the awesome invention of PVA glue, just thin it a little with wanter and a brush and paint it to the frame, then i screw the cardboard with tiny 1/4" screws just to hold it, after the pva dries, this bond becomes unbreakable. If I have some gaps that have light leaks, I just use pva with paper strips glued to the cardboard, i paint black from the outside, white from inside, it becomes like a neat plastered corner lol I don't understand why you would prefer mylar glued to it rather than simply painting it white? The thing is, I work in renovation and waterproofing as profession, and find the DIY easy and cheap, if done right, you can save most of your money for equipment. i don't consider myself cheap at all, looking into my equipment, i have HPS and fluros, timers and pumps, wiring and plugs, dehumidifier, etc... all are high quality stuff, that dehumidifier, runs about 4 months/year 24/7, for 7-8 years, never had to do a thing other than simply wash the air filter, and it still produces the same amounts of water as when it was new. i was able to get them because i save wherever i can and put my money on things that matter for the plants' health

I'll take that advice. I just assumed windshield deflectors would be easier than emergency blanket mylar. When I used that stuff for my first little grow space, it took quite awhile to try to keep it wrinkle free, and it still wasn't fully wrinkle free. I just wanted to avoid hot spots. I'm sure I'll weigh the options when I get the tent in. Regardless, I'll take your advice on the frame and PVA glue. And paper to cover light leaks. Seems like a good idea.

I'd never call you cheap. I myself am cheap lol. I'm all about saving a dollar;)

16" from tops to the LED.

I can say I'm loving this smart pot thus far. Surprisingly, I still haven't had to water since the transplant. And she seems to also be loving it. She's looking healthier than ever, but there seems to be a bit of tacoing going on with the leaves. I can't quite remember what the cause of that is, but I will look it up on here.

I pulled her out of the tent for some better pictures.

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1430729834718.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1430729848278.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1430729857561.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1430729875665.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1430729905129.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1430729921089.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1430729930480.jpg

I think she's looking MUCH better :aok:

Sometimes, you get slight tacoing and "rising" of the leaves when they really start to bite into their nutes! The leaves will SURGE up to the light (direction).

I'm not great with soil (as I've mentioned) but to me, that plant looks like it's doing much much better!

I think she's looking MUCH better :aok:

Sometimes, you get slight tacoing and "rising" of the leaves when they really start to bite into their nutes! The leaves will SURGE up to the light (direction).

I'm not great with soil (as I've mentioned) but to me, that plant looks like it's doing much much better!
Thanks! And I know. Its absolutely crazy watching this thing grow. Its a completely different ball game than my other grow LOL. And its a huge improvement from when this started out on here.

That makes sense, as well, but to be safe I'll try to keep a close eye on it for any signs of deficiency, humidity, or heat problems.

I need to hurry and get everything I need. I want to flip her into flower ASAP and get the show started.

Were talking about moving again this fall, so I may just finish her out, and hang around here soaking up knowledge while I wait for the move. I want to move for the simply reason of needing bigger grow space.

Yeah, I would assume she's ready to flip. How tall is she? Definitely get moving on the tent and vent... (I'm a broken record... but why is this record still spinning? lol Go sell a kidney and buy your stuff!)

nice :D take care not to be late for the flip 12/12, i heard that under LEDs you flip significantly earlier and might need some more thinning

Yeah, I would assume she's ready to flip. How tall is she? Definitely get moving on the tent and vent... (I'm a broken record... but why is this record still spinning? lol Go sell a kidney and buy your stuff!)
Lol roger that, I just popped out my kidney with a butter knife, now I'll sell it on craigslist. Haha and I'm in a bit of a bind at the moment, I should have some leeway this week or weekend.

I'm not fully sure on her height, I'll measure in just a few minutes and find out.

nice :D take care not to be late for the flip 12/12, i heard that under LEDs you flip significantly earlier and might need some more thinning
Roger that. I didn't know there was ever better times to flip. I just always assumed that once sex was shown, it was about gauging what finishing height you were aiming for.

I plan on doing a little more thinning out, very soon though. Just a touch though, I'm no gonna go overboard

Roger that. I didn't know there was ever better times to flip. I just always assumed that once sex was shown, it was about gauging what finishing height you were aiming for.

I plan on doing a little more thinning out, very soon though. Just a touch though, I'm no gonna go overboard

i have no idea how to thin it, and i definitely would like to know, so i'll just wait for DGF and any other LED grower to tell us :D ahhh how nice to see you get right on track, green mojo for the flowering :aok:

i have no idea how to thin it, and i definitely would like to know, so i'll just wait for DGF and any other LED grower to tell us :D ahhh how nice to see you get right on track, green mojo for the flowering :aok:
Thanks, I'll need it. Glad to have your 2 cents anytime and to have you in my audience lol

Well, I read on some of PJs stuff, and he said to keep it 6-8 stalks. I have 8, but 2 are lower than the other 6, so I figured I'd probably just weed those out, maybe remove a few of the lower fan leaves, not sure though on that one. I'm still iffy about removing stuff lol

Looking good schoolboy, your doing a good job, keep it up man. :fly:

Latest posts

Back