A Statement of Perpetual Possible Fact:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'ma Joker Midnight Toker

Drive fast, take chances
Reaction score
A Statement of Perpetual Possible Fact:

:holysheep:
I would just like to point out for the newbies, wannabies, others, and the blessed on this site, that there is so much info that one could spend weeks digesting it all...is this bad?, absolutely not. I have been out of the personal grow business for many years, well until recently. I am so behind the times it's not funny, yet I'm aware of my limitations. I'm always learning and gathering new info...I have now returned and have looked at and joined many forums. This one by far is the best for the serious grower without all the Bee S, (well a little), but how can you escape it? I am by no means an expert and as I see by many posts here that there are experts here... The problem is this question: experts?...who?... the ratio is small... it's a crap shoot at best sometimes with many not knowing where to turn. There are many posts by self-proclaimed know-it-alls... If they all were experts they should be getting loads of cash..., but as it is... it would be an astronomical enterprise to even go there...so...who do you trust?
Don't be lazy, period. Research before questions...Don't ask a question and take it as truth, research the crap out of it, then ask your question...that is if you want to be a good grower, anyone can smoke the stuff, only a select few grow it perfectly.
Unfortunately there are the self-proclaimed experts that tend to know less than 100%, more like less than 20%, well ... OK, even much less. So the advice here is to search these forums but don't stop each time you think you have an answer, wait till you have a number of answers that sorta seem the same, then you are possibly on the right track. Myself, I've always been a better coach than a player, though I have had a few moments :) ... but in the player arena I've enjoyed helping others. The Mods here are top notch and if they don't know, guess what, they will direct you to that knowledge, listen to them, they are your best source to success. IMHO.This is my attempt at the Nobel Pot Prize, weak but still submitted...So good luck all and may all your dreams be wet, your grow big, and your love life somewhere in-between... :D

Toker

research is awesome and necessary but really only goes so far, I started like 6 months ago.. let me tell you dude, it has it's limits (I've read a cannabible, everything on marijuana-ro and here). Even with simple stuff sometimes too.. i dont like when a forum gets too adamant about "go search that first" instead of simply answering the poor guy's question.

thestandard said:
research is awesome and necessary but really only goes so far, I started like 6 months ago.. let me tell you dude, it has it's limits (I've read a cannabible, everything on marijuana-ro and here). Even with simple stuff sometimes too.. i dont like when a forum gets too adamant about "go search that first" instead of simply answering the poor guy's question.

Hey Standard,
My humble answer to that is many questions have been asked hundreds of times and answered here. Why burnout those in the know repeatedly asking the same ol' stuff. Let those who are new pay their dues and look some sheit up for themselves instead of others doing all the work for them. One will learn more by research than info given to them on a silver platter, that they may or may not use or respect. Do some work, don't be lazy... research, then ask, that's all I say...

That used to be my concern too - all the same questions asked over and over by the newcomers that just joined the site.

Most of all the questions have been asked over and over, and all it takes is a little search, and the question is answered with a little diligence.

It used to bother me, but now it doesn't. Good things come to those who spend time to do the research. Those that want easy, easy, easy without research, or work will only fall by the wayside soon, and are short lived.

They don't bug me anymore. I'm too busy researching the answer to my question, and sharing what I've experienced growwise.

thestandard said:

The research is never ending, you just have to devise a method and look for the answers yourself.

Essentially all life is the same, and it pays a lot to likewise study other plants. There are also papers on the web that you must pay to read, that contain the latest in biology reports.

To learn more you need to spread the arena and look towards other plants, and also devise experiments for your cannabis plants. If your only concern is getting a decent yield, then you can progress no further until you have accomplished this... even then some sacrifices would need to be made in order to accomplish the realisation of any experiment you devise.

I have to agree,

It does get old going over the same questions, (ad infinitum), I usually like to give out with a good welcome, and a small reminder to check the site rules.

What PB says is right on the money. They do drop away, but there are a few that want to join the ranks of good growers , and you can tell after awhile where their attitude is. These good folks should be encouraged.

Look at me as an example, I did outdoor growing, I came in here in a whirlwind, I was demanding, non sensitive to privacy needs, and reality was I didn't really know shiest from shinola about growing. I mean come on, how much does it take to put some seeds into dirt outdoors near a water source and try to keep it all camouflaged. I thought that I was all that cause I could get a plant to grow.

Now the fun part begins, a couple of folks here were patient with me, as well as gentle in their approach, and they talked with me. They treated me like the man I am, but reminded me that I needed to be aware. more sensitive, and that it is still good to chill. They reminded me of how it was in the Ol' Days when heads were the coolest people around.

I wanted to try Indoor, but was lost. After learning my lessons in here, and acting upon what I had been advised with, I had more help than I ever thought that I would get.
I am happier than I have been in a long while, and I got a pretty decent grow going. I'm bound to goof up again sooner or later, but I sure learned how to treat newcomers in here, and I have found some cool friends.
Here is my readers digest list of what I push in here now:
1. Relax
2. Don't get too tightly wound
3. Check out the cool pics
4. Dig some of the music
5. Share some laughter
6. Burn a Hoober or a bowl
7. Learn that your not alone with pain
8. Respect your Elders, they have been around the block a lot.
9. Be willing to Learn, as others are willing to teach
10. Support the mods, they have earned it.
11. Look through the forums, you WILL find an answer, one way or the other.
12. Last, but not least watch for MarP, and POTUS as we want to catch em, roll em, and smoke em. LOL

smoke in peace
kingKahuuna

Latest posts

Back