About 6 days old and still tiny!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smotpoker

Reaction score
I've got some Sweet Purple growing right now and the sprout has looked the same from like day 2 til now, no real noticeable growth in 4 days... What am I doing wrong? 24/7 light, giving it straight water (about a shotglass full per day) I've checked out some Grow Journals and others are getting WAY more growth than me! My pictures... Sorry they're the best I could get.

007.jpg

009.jpg

Looks to be too much water and not enough room to root, id get that baby in a bigger potter and make sure the medium is dry before watering again.

Just transplanted the two plants into two 2 gallon pots. It's crazy how fast the roots on these guys grow! I couldn't tell before but I would say your assesment of over-watering was right after cutting the cups open...

You think it could be because some light is getting to the roots. Them cups your using are transparent. I'm not sure if it will slow/stop growth but I would paint it or get something non-transparent. I agree with the over watering as well.

Thats looking healthy. all plants are different, give it another week, I'll bet it has a growth spurt. I like to keep the soil really well hydrated on seedlings, just cause they have such a little root system, they need the water. But as the root system develops, its important to let them dry out a bit before watering. This will stop root rot, and help with the uptake of fresh nutrient, and oxygen through the root system. Good luck with the grow, Im sure it will work out fine. Dont stress too much.

Latest posts

Back