All Flouro Grow.... Interested???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thorn said:
sounds perfect captain! And yes they sure sound ready. You probably would find that they maybe would have put on a little more weight on the buds if you let it go 1 or 2 weeks longer, but then the stone would have been much heavier. I think you made a good choice :)

Yeah. I, uh, am a bit of a snob. Preferring quality to quantity. There won't be much of it, but the little there is will be the STICKY ICKY.......
Great after-dinner-party stuff....

i'm the same... as people keep saying to me, the grams we grow are far better than the ounces we buy :D You enjoy it man! Are you gonna cure it or just dry it?

Both.
A 4-day slow dry process, followed by a 3+ week curing process.
Have had a coupla strains cured in 3 weeks. Some in 3 months.....
We shall see.

oh sweet.. that is good..just let it hang dry... yeah I notice grow with floursc. sure does dry faster than grows in outside and hps..

good thing winter is coming and that will help for sure to dry it quicker..;)

just be sure the stems snaps before you try smoke it.. better that way.. than be sorry..

yea my buds dry very quick. How do you know when the cure is complete or do you just try it and go by taste etc?

Capt......have you ever tried a longer dry?...... say between 70 and 75 degrees until they are REALLY dry enough to put in the jars?......and if not could you tell me why, because in Oregon it's raining allot now, it's damp and lots of mushrooms popping up all over the place.....

I hang my buds upside down for 24-48 hrs, then in brown lunch bags for one to two days, or until apical maristem snaps cleanly in half. The brown paper bags help assure there isn't too much left over moisture in the stems that will eventually lead to bud rot or mold. Then into Kerr jars for curing. Nice and dry here in NM, so mold isn't an issue.

Thorn said:
yea my buds dry very quick. How do you know when the cure is complete or do you just try it and go by taste etc?

I go by smell and flavor. Once the hay smell of decaying chloraphyl is gone, the smell wil generally change several times during the curing process. Once the buds' aroma is consistent for about a week, I know they are ready enough. Keep in mind: The longer you cure, the better it gets.......

Capt Skinx cant wait to hear how the smoke is. Do you plan on curring it?

Capt. Skinx said:
I hang my buds upside down for 24-48 hrs, then in brown lunch bags for one to two days, or until apical maristem snaps cleanly in half. The brown paper bags help assure there isn't too much left over moisture in the stems that will eventually lead to bud rot or mold. Then into Kerr jars for curing. Nice and dry here in NM, so mold isn't an issue.

musta missed this one, buddy.....

BTW, flash dried a bud earlier today. GREAT head buzz. Very Cerebral. Motivated. Unfortunately, it was bagseed, so I already found a seed in my little nugs : (
That's what I get for using bagseed.
Won't have that problem, again. Just ordered 3 Strains from Planet Skunk . com.....

try this one for "flash drying" like you said brown bag.. stash it as much you like in brown bag.. put behind the TV for 2 days.. then put back in kerr jar for 2 nights locked.. but open all day.. then stash several of these buds in the white envelope and put on your car's dashboard drive to your work.. or just driving around, go fishing.. or leave your car alone under the sun light.. for 45 min to 2 hours... keep checking.. it will dry completely and very good smokeable bud to enjoy..

........SO CAPT..........the decaying chloraphyl smell.......is a good smell......sets the time table up for STAGE TWO which......should be NO MORE DECAYING smell and you can start SMELLING....something else, i.e. 'the buds'

......so a question, 'Does the bud smell change?' I should have said, a couple of questions......so, you must feel them, a light, loving squeeze perhaps, but what are you 'feeling' for? My fear is that I will want to take out as much moisture as possible and not know for sure if this is the right way. Will they have any dry feeling? And last, you must look at them, so what are you looking for? thanks.......painterdude

oh......have at least 29 varieties of mushrooms and I don't pick any because there are allot of poisonous ones that fool you.......no thanks......just real neat to look at the 'villages of mushrooms'

.......oh, you never did say what your drying temps are!!!!!

if you know enough about mushrooms it can be safe enough to pick the edible ones for tea :) We have a clump of some in the garden and the dog really wants to eat them i swear! :S

Thanks captain. i can smell my buds changing now. they now have some hay smell but the mint smell is getting stronger :D thanks for your help :)

painterdude said:
........SO CAPT..........the decaying chloraphyl smell.......is a good smell......sets the time table up for STAGE TWO which......should be NO MORE DECAYING smell and you can start SMELLING....something else, i.e. 'the buds'

......so a question, 'Does the bud smell change?' I should have said, a couple of questions......so, you must feel them, a light, loving squeeze perhaps, but what are you 'feeling' for? My fear is that I will want to take out as much moisture as possible and not know for sure if this is the right way. Will they have any dry feeling? And last, you must look at them, so what are you looking for? thanks.......painterdude

oh......have at least 29 varieties of mushrooms and I don't pick any because there are allot of poisonous ones that fool you.......no thanks......just real neat to look at the 'villages of mushrooms'

.......oh, you never did say what your drying temps are!!!!!

Wow. Thanks, brother. You are correct, I skipped alot o' info. My apologies.....
I hang my buds in a small drying space with an oscolating fan for air movement (NOT pointed directly at the buds) and a constant temp of about 68 - 70 F. I allow the buds to hang until the outsides are crispy to the touch, the insides still moist and spongy.
Step 2: I move the buds into a brown paper lunch sack with holes and leave it in the same drying space untill the stems are dry enough to snap cleanly in half. This is the way I have the bag set up:

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

After the stems are dry enough to snap, I put the buds in AIRTIGHT GLASS (not plastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) jars, and begin the curing process.

thats pretty much the same as what i do, but i don't have any glass jars unfortunately so have to do with plastic :)

Thorn said:
thats pretty much the same as what i do, but i don't have any glass jars unfortunately so have to do with plastic :)

Your local grocer should have glass jelly (canning) jars. Kerr, Mott, or Mason are the best IMHO......

Thorn said:
if you know enough about mushrooms it can be safe enough to pick the edible ones for tea :) We have a clump of some in the garden and the dog really wants to eat them i swear! :S

Thanks captain. i can smell my buds changing now. they now have some hay smell but the mint smell is getting stronger :D thanks for your help :)

You are very welcome, love. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. THANKS FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!!!

Latest posts

Back